Ban Hammer

Man jailed for beheading girlfriend's kitten

92 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

EDWARDSVILLE, Illinois (AP) -- A man who admitted in court to tearing off the head of a kitten after a fight with his girlfriend has been sentenced to two years in prison.

When it comes to animal abuse cases, "we don't get prison sentences all the time, so it's always good when we do," Stephanee Smith, a spokeswoman for the Madison County state's attorney's office, said Tuesday of the case against Jacob Thornton.

Thornton, 21, was to have had a preliminary hearing last Thursday on the felony animal torture charge but instead pleaded guilty, Smith said.

A judge ordered Thornton's sentence to run concurrently to a prison term related to a parole violation on a 2005 aggravated battery conviction.

Authorities say that after a July 28 dispute between Thornton and his live-in girlfriend, the 30-year-old woman left the home before returning to find her kitten's head and detached body in the front yard.

Four days after he was charged with animal torture, Thornton was also charged with burglarizing a motor vehicle. That case is pending.

link

-----------

freaking weirdo :ranting:

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
Two years in prison? Come on!

i tihnk it should have been more.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Two years in prison? Come on!

i tihnk it should have been more.

No way Jose.

me jesus, not jose. :P

yes way. :yes:

he also needs mandatory counseling as he's abusing animals, that's something that serial murders have in common

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Damn animal. Hopefully he will have a large gay cell mate in prison.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Very similar to my friends situation http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/...?ltl=1158857628

His trial is November 14th and I hope he gets a hell of a lot longer than 2 years, jails too good for this a$$hole. Sick people.

But I did hear that they are trying to get animals included under domestic violence violations, which is a step in the right direction.

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline
Very similar to my friends situation http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/...?ltl=1158857628

His trial is November 14th and I hope he gets a hell of a lot longer than 2 years, jails too good for this a$$hole. Sick people.

But I did hear that they are trying to get animals included under domestic violence violations, which is a step in the right direction.

That story just killed me. Poor little Scrappy. What a sweet little guy. We had something like this happen down on the National Mall recently-my dad told me about it. There was a homeless guy who had a dog named Precious. That was the only thing in the world this guy had. Well, a certain Capitol Police officer was always telling the guy to put Precious on a leash and calling the dog a threat. Everyone who frequently walked by this man and knew of Precious said that the dog was no threat whatsoever to anyone. Well, last week that officer shot Precious right in front of the man. They covered the dog with a blanket and the homeless man laid there with his best friend until Animal Control came to take the dog away. As my dad said, if that officer was at all decent he would have brought the guy a leash. That story, and this one, break my heart... :(

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
That story just killed me. Poor little Scrappy. What a sweet little guy. We had something like this happen down on the National Mall recently-my dad told me about it. There was a homeless guy who had a dog named Precious. That was the only thing in the world this guy had. Well, a certain Capitol Police officer was always telling the guy to put Precious on a leash and calling the dog a threat. Everyone who frequently walked by this man and knew of Precious said that the dog was no threat whatsoever to anyone. Well, last week that officer shot Precious right in front of the man. They covered the dog with a blanket and the homeless man laid there with his best friend until Animal Control came to take the dog away. As my dad said, if that officer was at all decent he would have brought the guy a leash. That story, and this one, break my heart... :(

since when are police officers allowed to shoot dogs for not being on leashes?? Was the dog attacking someone? Cop sounds like an @ss. I hope he's been suspended, or that people are calling for his head.

Edited by hockeygal

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

since when are police officers allowed to shoot dogs for not being on leashes?? Was the dog attacking someone?

The police officer claimed he felt threatened by the dog...which is why I added in that bit about everyone saying they had never ever felt the slightest bit threatened by Precious.

Cop sounds like an @ss. I hope he's been suspended, or that people are calling for his head.

I agree....I know there's a lot of people pissed about it, but as for what will happen to him...I don't know.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Crazy freak, I hope he'll have a hard time in jail. I thought the USA didn't have harsh laws concerning animal abuse, now I feel better knowing that those wicked people get what they deserve.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!