GaryC

Bills for voter ID's and border fence.

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

the fact is a High School diploma without a college education or advanced degree won't get you much further than a drop out these days, and not everyone has those opportunities available, that doesn't mean they have no sense of personal responsibility.

The opportunities are there, dude. If you don't have any qualifications and you don't want

to go to school to learn a thing or two, that's your problem - nobody else's.

I think you missed the point there, when I say not everyone has those opportunities available I'm talking finances, scholarships etc. Not everyone can afford to go to college, but this does not mean they have no sense of personal responsibility. On the other hand I've met a few people who's parents have handed them everything all thier lives on a silver platter, and sure they are in college but have no sense of personal responsibility.

July 12, 2002 - Married

I130

May 18, 2005 - Sent Certified Mail USPS with Money Order for fees

May 20, 2005 - Received Date

June 2, 2005 - Notice Date

June 6, 2005 - Received NOA1

September 10, 2005No action to date

December 1, 2005 -Approved

I129

August 25, 2005 - Sent Certified Mail USPS with Money Order for fees

August 26, 2005 - USPS tracking shows Delivered, August 26, 2005, 1:54 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60680

September 7, 2005 - "touched" I think

September 12, 2005 - Received NOA1 showing receipt date of August 30, 2005

October 17, 2005 - APPROVED!!!

November 27, 2005 - Received by NVC

November 3, 2005 - RFE received from Consulate

November 18, 2005 - RFE delivered to Consulate

November 28, 2005 - Instructions received

December 6, 2005 - Medical Appt Much confusion and lack of communication by Physicians caused much delay :(

March 23 - Checklist received

May 12 - Packet 4 received

June 1 - Interview

June 1 - APPROVED!!!!!

June 7 - Steve Arrived home

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The opportunities are there, dude. If you don't have any qualifications and you don't want

I think you missed the point there, when I say not everyone has those opportunities available I'm talking finances, scholarships etc. Not everyone can afford to go to college, but this does not mean they have no sense of personal responsibility. On the other hand I've met a few people who's parents have handed them everything all thier lives on a silver platter, and sure they are in college but have no sense of personal responsibility.

And I disagree. You get out of life what you put into it. Anyone can apply for an education loan,

but not everyone thinks it's a good idea to borrow $20,000 to go to school. Gee, education is

important, who knew? If instead they chose to flip burgers at McD's, they shouldn't complain

about it 10 years later.

If a Chinaman can come here all the way from Beijing without a penny in his pocket and

get accepted to MIT or Harvard, the people who were born here have no excuse whatsoever.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

And I disagree. You get out of life what you put into it. Anyone can apply for an education loan,

but not everyone thinks it's a good idea to borrow $20,000 to go to school. Gee, education is

important, who knew? If instead they chose to flip burgers at McD's, they shouldn't complain

about it 10 years later.

If a Chinaman can come here all the way from Beijing without a penny in his pocket and

get accepted to MIT or Harvard, the people who were born here have no excuse whatsoever.

So, what your saying is in your opinion personal responsibility is in fact directly tied to ones level of education?

I have to disagree with you on this. I was forced to leave home at 18, and learn to support myself after my father became ill and disabled, I could not just go out and apply for a $20,000 student loan and go to college under those circumstances. Instead I had to work hard for a number of years before I could afford to further my education. I learned a lot through that and it's served me well. You never know what will happen to you in life and for me in 2000 that education I worked so hard for became absolutely worthless, I worked my way through school while working for the chemical company so my field was chemistry and I developed a life threatening sensitivity to chemical fumes. I had to start all over again despite working so hard for my education, and I did without ever going on public assistance.

That is personal responsibility in my opinion. On the other hand during my time working at the chemical company every summer we had college students work in the labs for experience and I can tell you there were a number of them I worked with who would never have gotten through what I have without running back home to their parent's helpless and lost at having to struggle to start over. I had a strong sense of personal responsibility long before I went on with my education.

Edited by PsychoKat

July 12, 2002 - Married

I130

May 18, 2005 - Sent Certified Mail USPS with Money Order for fees

May 20, 2005 - Received Date

June 2, 2005 - Notice Date

June 6, 2005 - Received NOA1

September 10, 2005No action to date

December 1, 2005 -Approved

I129

August 25, 2005 - Sent Certified Mail USPS with Money Order for fees

August 26, 2005 - USPS tracking shows Delivered, August 26, 2005, 1:54 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60680

September 7, 2005 - "touched" I think

September 12, 2005 - Received NOA1 showing receipt date of August 30, 2005

October 17, 2005 - APPROVED!!!

November 27, 2005 - Received by NVC

November 3, 2005 - RFE received from Consulate

November 18, 2005 - RFE delivered to Consulate

November 28, 2005 - Instructions received

December 6, 2005 - Medical Appt Much confusion and lack of communication by Physicians caused much delay :(

March 23 - Checklist received

May 12 - Packet 4 received

June 1 - Interview

June 1 - APPROVED!!!!!

June 7 - Steve Arrived home