Dave and Shannon

New 2011 LAND DOWNUNDER, Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

447 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Ah, yeah, i've been researching and by the looks for community college in AZ i'll need to either pay out of state or wait for my GC. Not to worry, i'm sure i can find something else to do with all my spare time :)

Congrats on the biometrics dave!!

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Ah, yeah, i've been researching and by the looks for community college in AZ i'll need to either pay out of state or wait for my GC. Not to worry, i'm sure i can find something else to do with all my spare time :)

Congrats on the biometrics dave!!

cheers guys!

ive been looking at colleges and i have to wait for my GC... which sucks cos i could of been doing a course while i waited and had heaps of spare time! i cant wait to get it... sucks not being able to do much and watching people go to work and get new jobs and so forth... im like arghhh i want a job!!! what are you looking at studying travis and meghan?

event.png

Timeline

lol, to be honest i thought it might jsut be a good something to fill in the time. i really want to do something like social work or working with disabled people but i'm kind of wondering if the community college course alone would even be enough to get a decent job in it and i really can't afford to go to proper college afterwards. About the time that Travis and i started 'dating' i had actually just applied to go to uni here and do registered nursing cos i wanted to be a mental health nurse. i've spent the last few days looking at it though and it's just going to be way to expensive for us for a long time. Plus, in a few years, we wanna travel around the place and play music and generally just be hippies for a while, lol.

Travis is very unsatisfied with his job at the moment so i've been trying to find other jobs for him to apply for.....i've accidentally ended up making a list of ones that i want to apply for when i get my GC instead, lol. did you know that if you wash dishes at T.G.I fridays you can get discount pet insurance? lmao

sorry, for the essay, i'm unemployed and presently kind of tired....it happens,lol

Ohhhhh, and dave, what are you thinking of studying????

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

event.png

Timeline

ah awesome... yeh ive been lookin at a few things, electrician sort of field, and IT... IT i think is the way i will go.. so much work in that and good pay.. im abit all over the place haha.. i went and volunteered at the animal shelter today.. now i wanna work with animals haha :P

event.png

Timeline

Oooo, i hadn't thought of volunteeing there, thanks for the idea, lol

event.png

Timeline

Oooo, i hadn't thought of volunteeing there, thanks for the idea, lol

haha yeh its all good... loved working with the animals but its so hard putting them back in there cages after you take them walking cos they fight with you to go in there.. i just wanted to take them home but we dont have a fenced yard nor know what we are doing long term so wouldnt wanna give them up!

event.png

You may want to check with the Community Colleges on the residency requirement. Here in NY I wanted to attend as soon as I got my GC but they said I would still have to pay out of state tuition until I could prove I had resided in the state as a resident for 1 year. The time prior to receiving my GC they wouldn't count towards the year.

Also as long as you meet the income levels you can receive Financial Aid. My first year of Community College I didn't have to pay for the tuition Iacually got a check back. I wasn't so lucky this year though and had to take out $3000 in student Loans.

Community College is also a great way to cut costs. I am currently enrolled in a Business Administration degree which will allow me to transfer into a State Uni here. That way I have paid the Community College rate which is ALOT cheaper for most of my degree and I will be able to finish it off at State Uni and no-one ever needs to know I attended a Community College except me and my wallet. :dance:

11/18/08 - Arrived in U.S. on B2 visa

02/05/09 - Extended return plane ticket to stay for an extra 3 months

04/23/09 - Decided we didn't want to be apart even though we extended the stay and got married!

04/30/09 - Sent I-130/I-485/I-765 from B2 (no I-693 as it is not yet complete.)

05/03/09 - Received email form USPS stating that package had arrived safely and was signed for!

05/11/09 - Received NOA1's for I-130/I-485/I-765

05/16/09 - Received Biometrics Appointment

05/30/09 - Received a CRAZY amount of RFE's that were dated 05/21/09

06/01/09 - Biometrics Appointment Scheduled. In and out in 10 minutes!! Sent off RFE information (Should arrive in MO on Wed.)

06/03/09 - USCIS received RFE response

07/23/09 - I called to have a service request put in

07/24/09 - I-765 Touched (FINALLY)

07/25/09 - I-765 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!!!!! (About time!)

08/03/09 - EAD card came in the mail WOOHOO!!!

08/07/09 - Interview letter arrived

09/02/09 - Interview Date

09/07/09 - I think this is the day I received my Green Card.. Can't quite remember anymore.

Removal Of Conditions

08/03/11 - WOW it's already been TWO years! Sent ROC package to VSC.

08/05/11 - NOA1 date which arrived 8/10/2011

09/02/11 - Bio Appointment the notice was dated 8/12/11

Timeline

Anyone else going to be watching the Bathurst 1000 this weekend? Being shown live in the US for the first time :thumbs:Go Holden!

BOOO HOLDEN!! go the fords!!! sucks most of the good ford drivers have been recruited to holden now so not much chance! what station is it being played on????

event.png

Timeline

Hey Guys

I still haven't heard anything back from the Embassy in regards to my passport & documents. Im getting a bit worried now. I had my flight booked for today which I have rescheduled. I have emailed them asking whats going on, I did get a reply that they wanted further information like the evidence and specific documents which i have now emailed them to the AMvisa@state.gov not the ivsydney email.

Does anyone know why they do this if i was approved on the day of my interview? I had all the documents with me on the day to show them but they never asked & gave me the approval piece of paper and my tracking number for my envelope and now they have asked for further documents and its delaying the process. Im stressing out, i just want to be with my fiancée, missing her so much & the wedding and everything is booked and paid for at the end of the month. What can I do?

Thanks

11-03-08 ~ First met in USA

11-15-09 ~ Got Engaged

03-14-11 ~ Mailed I-129F/K-1

03-16-11 ~ NOA1

07-01-11 ~ Police Cert Received

07-12-11 ~ NOA2

07-28-11 ~ Medical Passed

08-02-11 ~ Packet 3 Received

09-01-11 ~ P3 Sent

09-07-11 ~ Packet 4 Received

09-13-11 ~ Interview/APPROVAL!

Timeline

Hey Guys

I still haven't heard anything back from the Embassy in regards to my passport & documents. Im getting a bit worried now. I had my flight booked for today which I have rescheduled. I have emailed them asking whats going on, I did get a reply that they wanted further information like the evidence and specific documents which i have now emailed them to the AMvisa@state.gov not the ivsydney email.

Does anyone know why they do this if i was approved on the day of my interview? I had all the documents with me on the day to show them but they never asked & gave me the approval piece of paper and my tracking number for my envelope and now they have asked for further documents and its delaying the process. Im stressing out, i just want to be with my fiancée, missing her so much & the wedding and everything is booked and paid for at the end of the month. What can I do?

Thanks

I really dont understand them... they tell you on the day its all good and your approved but then there suddenly not happy with something... obviously someone cant do their job! and for you to find out by having to email them asking them whats going on is pathetic mate... ive never heard of the first email you said... when we sent our evidence after my interview it got sent to the SydneyIV@state.gov email.... thats the email the lady at the embassy told me to send it to.. so maybe try resending it to that sydneyiv@state.gov email and state whats happened and your not sure whats going on and ask if they could give you a answer with whats going on and put ASAP in your subject heading.... thats all i can think of man, sorry this is happening to you but really sounds like someone there cant do their job.. you could maybe explain your situation to your girls congressman/senator and ask if they could find out for you seeing as though you are struggling to find something out??? hope this helps mate...

event.png

Timeline

Telecast will be shown on the Speed channel at 7pm EST Saturday night (until the wee hours of the morning :blush:)

the speed channel???? is that a ESPN channel? i dont have pay tv but i can watch espn over my xbox! so hopefully it will come on there :P

event.png

Timeline

I really dont understand them... they tell you on the day its all good and your approved but then there suddenly not happy with something... obviously someone cant do their job! and for you to find out by having to email them asking them whats going on is pathetic mate... ive never heard of the first email you said... when we sent our evidence after my interview it got sent to the SydneyIV@state.gov email.... thats the email the lady at the embassy told me to send it to.. so maybe try resending it to that sydneyiv@state.gov email and state whats happened and your not sure whats going on and ask if they could give you a answer with whats going on and put ASAP in your subject heading.... thats all i can think of man, sorry this is happening to you but really sounds like someone there cant do their job.. you could maybe explain your situation to your girls congressman/senator and ask if they could find out for you seeing as though you are struggling to find something out??? hope this helps mate...

Its like giving a child a toy and then taking it back. I had all the proof with me to show them on the day i went to Sydney, but now they want it. I just don't get it. But nothing I can do, I would just like to get a response of when I will get it sent to me & everything. I have 3 weeks till our wedding, my girl is freaking out as everything is booked and paid for.

I re emailed the Sydneyiv email all the stuff they needed. I also will get my fiancé to contact the congressman & see what can be done. I hope to hear from them asap. Thanks dave

11-03-08 ~ First met in USA

11-15-09 ~ Got Engaged

03-14-11 ~ Mailed I-129F/K-1

03-16-11 ~ NOA1

07-01-11 ~ Police Cert Received

07-12-11 ~ NOA2

07-28-11 ~ Medical Passed

08-02-11 ~ Packet 3 Received

09-01-11 ~ P3 Sent

09-07-11 ~ Packet 4 Received

09-13-11 ~ Interview/APPROVAL!

Timeline

Its like giving a child a toy and then taking it back. I had all the proof with me to show them on the day i went to Sydney, but now they want it. I just don't get it. But nothing I can do, I would just like to get a response of when I will get it sent to me & everything. I have 3 weeks till our wedding, my girl is freaking out as everything is booked and paid for.

I re emailed the Sydneyiv email all the stuff they needed. I also will get my fiancé to contact the congressman & see what can be done. I hope to hear from them asap. Thanks dave

hopefully you will mate... mine happened quick so hopefully yours will after emailing the sydneyiv email... can you move your wedding date to another time by any chance? i would try to congressman.. they usually get responded to quickly... hope it all works out for you mate... i would be going nuts if i was you...

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.