s9jv

Mumbai Consulate K1 visa 221g given

91 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Australia
Timeline

HI @A_R 

We got approved!

The interview was okay. I was at the embassy with my fiance but they didn't let me be there with him during the interview time. Asked many questions, most were related to dates! What day I went to India last year? When did I come to US for the first time? When was the last time you met? etc. The interviewer was pretty strict but overall all that matters is that we got approved!

When is your interview?

All the best for it!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
15 hours ago, Veer Pal said:

HI @A_R 

We got approved!

The interview was okay. I was at the embassy with my fiance but they didn't let me be there with him during the interview time. Asked many questions, most were related to dates! What day I went to India last year? When did I come to US for the first time? When was the last time you met? etc. The interviewer was pretty strict but overall all that matters is that we got approved!

When is your interview?

All the best for it!

@Veer Pal  Many many congratulations !!!

My interview is on November 9th. Just preparing for that.

I would like 2 ask you some questions:

1. Did they check or keep any original documents at the interview? (birth certificate)

2. For i134 the bank letter is that signed and sealed by the bank manage of the petitioner as my fiance can generate that letter online on his bank website and it has no sign or seal plus it is in black and white. Will that work?

3 In i134 form what did you answer for Part 3 Q.38 - "Do you intend or do not intend to make specific contributions to the beneficiary plus the explanation part ?"

Thanks a lot for your wishes. Have you got your passport back??

Timeline
On 10/21/2018 at 7:04 AM, A_R said:

@Veer Pal  Many many congratulations !!!

My interview is on November 9th. Just preparing for that.

I would like 2 ask you some questions:

1. Did they check or keep any original documents at the interview? (birth certificate)

2. For i134 the bank letter is that signed and sealed by the bank manage of the petitioner as my fiance can generate that letter online on his bank website and it has no sign or seal plus it is in black and white. Will that work?

3 In i134 form what did you answer for Part 3 Q.38 - "Do you intend or do not intend to make specific contributions to the beneficiary plus the explanation part ?"

Thanks a lot for your wishes. Have you got your passport back??

Thank you so much! 

They did not keep the birth certificate but you will need copy of it.. When they make you stand in a queue in the building, they ask you to take out original with a copy as well.

They did not ask for bank letters from us and I don't think you would need it signed even. Only thing they asked us for was i134 and latest tax return. However, we had all the documents in hand in case they were to ask for more papers such as employment letters, pay stubs etc.

For that particular question on I-134 I put I intend and wrote in explanation" "since its a k-1 visa, I intend to support the beneficiary for all his expenses including but not limited to room, food, medical, entertainment etc. 

I wish you all the best and I hope your interview goes very smooth and gets approved! All the best!

Edited by Veer Pal

Timeline
5 hours ago, Veer Pal said:

Thank you so much! 

They did not keep the birth certificate but you will need copy of it.. When they make you stand in a queue in the building, they ask you to take out original with a copy as well.

They did not ask for bank letters from us and I don't think you would need it signed even. Only thing they asked us for was i134 and latest tax return. However, we had all the documents in hand in case they were to ask for more papers such as employment letters, pay stubs etc.

For that particular question on I-134 I put I intend and wrote in explanation" "since its a k-1 visa, I intend to support the beneficiary for all his expenses including but not limited to room, food, medical, entertainment etc. 

I wish you all the best and I hope your interview goes very smooth and gets approved! All the best!

@Veer Pal  Thanks so much for the wishes and answers. The answers will really help solve m confusion.

Tell me one thing after your case was ready as per CEAC website in how many days did you receive your Packet 4 via postal mail from the Mumbai Embassy ? Also, where did you do your medical?

Have you received your passport back?

Another thing most probably my Fiance (the petitioner) won't be able to attend my interview because of work issues. Do you think that could cause any problems?

Edited by A_R

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 10/4/2018 at 7:43 AM, Mak99 said:

Hello,

We are in the similar situation,  we had our interview on Aug 31st , 2018 and was given 221G to provide additional documents ( Marriage bookings etc) . We have submitted the documents on September 24th

I have booked the marriage for October 28th and we are still waiting for the update. What is your current status ?? Please help us here

What's the status on this? We too are waiting

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
20 hours ago, A_R said:

@Veer Pal  Thanks so much for the wishes and answers. The answers will really help solve m confusion.

Tell me one thing after your case was ready as per CEAC website in how many days did you receive your Packet 4 via postal mail from the Mumbai Embassy ? Also, where did you do your medical?

Another thing most probably my Fiance (the petitioner) won't be able to attend my interview because of work issues. Do you think that could cause any problems?

Hey!! It takes around 10-15 to get the packet 4 from READY. You can get your medical done at any US embassy approved panel physician(they are located mostly in state capitals like mumbai,delhi,chennai,hyderabad,ahmedabad).

• Aug 22, 2017          -           I-129F SENT
  • Aug 24, 2017          -           NOA1 (I-129F received)
  • Feb 21, 2018           -           NOA 2 (181 days)
  • Mar 09, 2018          -           NVC # 
  • Mar 13, 2018          -           Consulate Received (MUMBAI, INDIA)
  • Mar 26, 2018           -           Packet 4 Received
  • Apr 06, 2018           -           Interview(APPROVED)
  • Apr 10, 2018            -           Visa Received
  • Apr 18, 2018            -            US Entry
  • JUN 23, 2018           -           Married 
  • JUL 23, 2018            -           AOS filed
  • AUG 20, 2018          -            BIOMETRICS 
  • DEC 06,2018            -            EAD/AP RECEIVED

Timeline
On 10/23/2018 at 1:22 AM, A_R said:

It took about 5 days to get the packet as far as I can think. My fiance had his medical done in Mohali, Punjab and you can get it done from any authorized place.

We are still waiting for his passport. It has been 2 weeks already and the site still says "Application Received".

Your fiance don't have to be there at all. I went with him but they made me sit down. I don't know if my presence made any difference or not because the interviewer acknowledged my presence there but am not sure if that mattered to him or not. He simply told me to sit down and wait and he would call me if he needs me there. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Veer Pal said:

It took about 5 days to get the packet as far as I can think. My fiance had his medical done in Mohali, Punjab and you can get it done from any authorized place.

We are still waiting for his passport. It has been 2 weeks already and the site still says "Application Received".

Your fiance don't have to be there at all. I went with him but they made me sit down. I don't know if my presence made any difference or not because the interviewer acknowledged my presence there but am not sure if that mattered to him or not. He simply told me to sit down and wait and he would call me if he needs me there. 

Hi,

I too got my P4. 

Ohh  don't worry. I think they are taking time these days. Another member posted the same thing on the India Processing 2018 NOA2 -----> NVC  thread. Hope you get it soon !!!

Timeline
On 10/27/2018 at 9:31 AM, Veer Pal said:

Hi @Veer Pal  Have you received your passport with visa ???

Timeline
On 11/7/2018 at 1:29 AM, A_R said:

On 11/7/2018 at 1:29 AM, A_R said:

Hi A_R

yes we have finally received it after giving them so many calls and sending few emails regarding it. 

How is your prep going? 

Make sure you know all the dates of the first time your finace went to U.S., the last time he came or went to U.S. etc. My fiance was asked alot of those questions. And I hope you are taking a photo album too of your engagement ceremony or just recent pictures of both of you. Our interviewer went over it so it might  prove to be helpful for you as well!

All the best! Your interview will surely go smooth and be approved in no time! 

My prayers are with you! 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Veer Pal said:

Hi A_R

yes we have finally received it after giving them so many calls and sending few emails regarding it. 

How is your prep going? 

Make sure you know all the dates of the first time your finace went to U.S., the last time he came or went to U.S. etc. My fiance was asked alot of those questions. And I hope you are taking a photo album too of your engagement ceremony or just recent pictures of both of you. Our interviewer went over it so it might  prove to be helpful for you as well!

All the best! Your interview will surely go smooth and be approved in no time! 

My prayers are with you! 

Hi,

Congratulations!!!

What date did you get it exactly? In how many days.

Thanks I have kept everything.

I wanted to ask you one thing - when the US Petitioner goes with the beneficiary for the interview - do they need to do something in specific to go inside for the interview?

Thank you so much for everything.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, A_R said:

Hi,

Congratulations!!!

What date did you get it exactly? In how many days.

Thanks I have kept everything.

I wanted to ask you one thing - when the US Petitioner goes with the beneficiary for the interview - do they need to do something in specific to go inside for the interview?

Thank you so much for everything.

He got it on the the 6 Nov. His interview was on 12 Oct. So it took more than 3 weeks for us but we emailed and called them regarding it. First they were saying we have to wait but we kept emailing them like after every 3 to 4 days so they finally got back to us and the process started kicking.

No there is nothing the petitioner needs to do. The petitioner will only need his passport to enter the building otherwise they dont let them in. I did not personally take anything except for my tax documents and passport. 

All the best again! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.