s9jv

Mumbai Consulate K1 visa 221g given

91 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

At the Mumbai Consulate interview we were asked a lot of questions and we were told that they didnt believe us. My Fiancee lived with me in India for 12 months, we have 100's of photos, emails and hours and hours of phone conversations since she had to return home waiting on the K1 visa process. We have been together for 2 years now. In the interview we were asked to supply wedding invitiations, guest list for the upcoming wedding, and wedding plans with paid receipts. We supplied all these documents asked for but now we are under Administrative Process review. Is there anyone out there going through or has gone through this. We are trying to figure out how long it will take for them to review the documents and get back to us. This has been the hardest time being seperated from each other with no idea what they have planned for us. Any support would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

At the Mumbai Consulate interview we were asked a lot of questions and we were told that they didnt believe us. My Fiancee lived with me in India for 12 months, we have 100's of photos, emails and hours and hours of phone conversations since she had to return home waiting on the K1 visa process. We have been together for 2 years now. In the interview we were asked to supply wedding invitiations, guest list for the upcoming wedding, and wedding plans with paid receipts. We supplied all these documents asked for but now we are under Administrative Process review. Is there anyone out there going through or has gone through this. We are trying to figure out how long it will take for them to review the documents and get back to us. This has been the hardest time being seperated from each other with no idea what they have planned for us. Any support would be greatly appreciated.

My fiancée (Not in India) was in AP for a month and at the end issue the visa. There is no any time limit for the AP. The embassy can take as much time as they need to finalize the review. You could give a call to the DOS, however; the answer you will get is the same as the embassy. Depending on the issues the embassy looking, AP could take from a week up to a year. Give them some time and contact the embassy as well as the DOS.

Good luck

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Sorry for your A.P.

To let us help you figure this out we need more information.

Is there a significant age difference between you two, same or different castes, same religion, are you an interracial couple, has the beneficiary every been to the U.S. via different visa, have either of your been divorced, children involved etc. Anything that you can think of please post it here so we can help you.

Edited by Dave and Kinnari

USCIS- (77 Days)
I-130 Sent : 04-05-2011
I-130 NOA1 : 04-08-2011
I-130 NOA2 : 06-24-2011

NVC- (29 Days)
NVC Received : 07-25-2011

NVC Case Closed: 08-23-2011
Medical/VFS/Interview
Interview Date Recieved: 09-02-2011
Medical Completed: 09-16-2011
VFS Fees Paid and Documents Submitted: 10-21-2011
Interview: 11-10-2011

Interview Status: Approved
Visa In Hand: 11-10-2011

USA

P.O.E- Chicago, IL: 12-16-11
Recieved Welcome Letter: 01-03-2012
Received Green Card: 01-19-2012
Re-applied for SSN: 01-23-2012
Received SSN: 01-27-2012

Apply for Removal of Conditions: 09-17-13

ROC- (112 Days)

I-751 Sent (CSC): 11-22-13

Check Cashed: 11-27-13

I-751 NOA1: 11-30-13

Biometrics: 12-23-13
Case Status: Approved
Green Card Issued: 3-14-14

Green Card In Hand: 3-20-14

CITIZENSHIP

Apply For N-400: 1-28-15

Check Cashed: 02-5-15

NOA: 02-11-15

Biometrics: 03-2-15

In Line Interview: 06-10-15

Interview: 07-20-15

Oath Ceremony: 08-20-15

Timeline

If u don't mind what religion do u belong to? I have seen a pattern with Mumbai consulate..it is unfortunate,but that is the fact.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Its hard to decipher from your original post who actually filed the I-129F and who is the Indian Citizen. Seems like your fiancee is the indian citizen and you are the US citizen who filed.

So you apparently lived in India for over 12 months with your Indian fiancee and didn't get married? SOrry I'm not judging you, I'm just playing devil's advocate (interviewing officer).

There are many redflags here:

1. age gap

2. religious difference

3. fact that you two lived together for over a year

If they ask for more proof, just give them what they want. But you should have been prepared for AP since the get go with your circumstances.

If I was in your shoes, I would have expected AP as well.

I do wish you the best of luck.

Please do keep us posted.

Chigs

Edited by Ami&Chigs
Spoiler

N400 Journey:

01-Mar-2017: Filed N400 Application

08-Mar-2017: Check Cashed

08-Mar-2017: NOA

06-Apr-2017: Early FingerPrints (Orig: 12-Apr-2017)

10-Apr-2017: Case In Line for Interview

10-Sep-2017: Interview Scheduled

20-Oct-2017: Interview, recommended for approval

01-Dec-2017: In line for Oath

08-Dec-2017: Oath Ceremony Scheduled SMS/Email

19-Dec-2017: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Is your fiancee older than you? then that is not the norm in Indian custom! CO are skeptical about this!

Timeline

Is your fiancee older than you? then that is not the norm in Indian custom! CO are skeptical about this!

How does one measure what true love is by age. Maybe it isnt norm for India but if we are living in the US where a younger women can marry an older man from any country why is it not okay for a man to marry an older women. How can someone judge this? We have been together over 2 years, the US fiance has made several trips to India then actually lived in India with her fiance for 1 year. The lawyer told us to go this route not the marriage route at first. Who do we listen to everyone says something different. Has anyone that is marrying an older US women gone through the visa process in Mumbai that could give us some information. Thank you all for your good wishes

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

How does one measure what true love is by age. Maybe it isnt norm for India but if we are living in the US where a younger women can marry an older man from any country why is it not okay for a man to marry an older women. How can someone judge this? We have been together over 2 years, the US fiance has made several trips to India then actually lived in India with her fiance for 1 year. The lawyer told us to go this route not the marriage route at first. Who do we listen to everyone says something different. Has anyone that is marrying an older US women gone through the visa process in Mumbai that could give us some information. Thank you all for your good wishes

We are not saying that they are measuring the true love by age, we are saying it is not the cultural norm in India for an older woman to marry younger man. It is what it is and you can not help it.

I wish you all the best and hopefully this gets resolved soon.

Edited by Dave and Kinnari

USCIS- (77 Days)
I-130 Sent : 04-05-2011
I-130 NOA1 : 04-08-2011
I-130 NOA2 : 06-24-2011

NVC- (29 Days)
NVC Received : 07-25-2011

NVC Case Closed: 08-23-2011
Medical/VFS/Interview
Interview Date Recieved: 09-02-2011
Medical Completed: 09-16-2011
VFS Fees Paid and Documents Submitted: 10-21-2011
Interview: 11-10-2011

Visa In Hand: 11-10-2011

USA

P.O.E- Chicago, IL: 12-16-11
Recieved Welcome Letter: 01-03-2012
Received Green Card: 01-19-2012
Re-applied for SSN: 01-23-2012
Received SSN: 01-27-2012

Apply for Removal of Conditions: 09-17-13

ROC- (112 Days)

I-751 Sent (CSC): 11-22-13

Check Cashed: 11-27-13

I-751 NOA1: 11-30-13

Biometrics: 12-23-13
Case Status: Approved
Green Card Issued: 3-14-14

Green Card In Hand: 3-20-14

CITIZENSHIP

Apply For N-400: 1-28-15

Check Cashed: 02-5-15

NOA: 02-11-15

Biometrics: 03-2-15

In Line Interview: 06-10-15

Interview: 07-20-15

Oath Ceremony: 08-20-15

• 6 years later...
On 9/27/2011 at 4:02 AM, s9jv said:

Hi you there I had my interview on 15 June 2018 and they asked me exactly same things to submit the additional document like court appointment date vendors information and printed invitations card we also have age gap between us. Just wanna to know did they approved your visa after you sent them all this 

please reply me back if you get this message I am submitting my 221g letter tomorrow with document

thank you 

waiting for your reply 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, Puneet12 said:

Hi you there I had my interview on 15 June 2018 and they asked me exactly same things to submit the additional document like court appointment date vendors information and printed invitations card we also have age gap between us. Just wanna to know did they approved your visa after you sent them all this 

please reply me back if you get this message I am submitting my 221g letter tomorrow with document

thank you 

waiting for your reply 

Hi @Puneet12  - Can you pleas update your timeline, it is not visible. It helps to gather information, I am also a Mumbai applicant here.

4 minutes ago, A_R said:

Hi @Puneet12  - Can you pleas update your timeline, it is not visible. It helps to gather information, I am also a Mumbai applicant here.

221g white slip letter for additional proof such as court appointment date printed invitation card vendors informations and theirs contact number , wedding outfit receipts and rings also list of guests , notarized statement from both of us 

1 minute ago, Puneet12 said:

221g white slip letter for additional proof such as court appointment date printed invitation card vendors informations and theirs contact number , wedding outfit receipts and rings also list of guests , notarized statement from both of us 

Are you done with your interview?? @A_R

Edited by Puneet12

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Puneet12 said:

Are you done with your interview?? @A_R

Nope I am waiting for my NOA2 should come anytime I am hoping :-)

I meant your immigration timeline on VJ on your profile giving details of your NOA1, NOA2 date etc etc.

Just now, A_R said:

Nope I am waiting for my NOA2 should come anytime I am hoping :-)

I meant your immigration timeline on VJ on your profile giving details of your NOA1, NOA2 date etc etc.

@A_R NOA1 date - 14 September 2017 

After waiting period for 6 months we have received RFE for some documents on March 16 2018 then RFE reply back on March 28 2017

NOA2 6 April 2018 got lucky to receive in just 7 days 

NVC case number on 1 may 2018 

packet 4 letter 15 may 2018 

mecidal done 5 June 2018

boimetric done 12 June 2018 

interview done 15 June 2018 

221g submitted today 26 June 2018 

hoping for best now 

thank you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.