sharky

coming soon to a cinema near you!

65 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Yeah with what the other Stina said, there are certain things that are not weird IMO.

There is a kid's song we sang when little, called "I'm in the Lord's Army".

I may never march in the Infantry,

Ride in the Calvary,

Shoot the artillery.

I may never zoom o'er the enemy,

But I'm in the Lord's Army.

I'm in the Lord's Army, (yes, sir!)

I'm in the Lord's Army, (yes, sir!)

I may never march in the Infantry,

Ride in the Calvary,

Shoot the artillery.

I may never zoom o'er the enemy,

But I'm in the Lord's Army. (yes, sir!)

But it meant spiritually, not physically. So probably if someone who is not a Christian, and especially cannot stand Christianity, heard that song they might think "oooh those radical weirdos!!!". But then they are not understanding it at all. :no: When many Christians talk about the army of God, they mean a spiritual thing not physical. The battle is not against people, but against the devil and his influence. And the weapons are prayer and living a faithful life to God.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

But to think every evangelical Christian is this way, is ignorant. If someone wants to believe all "evangelical" Christians are this way, go ahead. But you don't know much about them then. :no: I am very strong on what I believe and would not be ashamed about what I believe. But am I forcing anything on anyone? :blink: Don't think so. Even if I tell someone, this is what I believe to be true? Is that forcing anything on anyone? :no:

To tell someone what you believe is not FORCING anything upon that person. Just say "I don't want to hear it", if you don't want to hear it. How can they really force you to do anything? People just don't like hearing things that are different than what they already believe/dont believe. Could we say the same about politics? And how passionate people get about politics? Sometimes it feels like things are getting forced down your throat by people who will rant and rave about politics, but don't want you to talk about your spiritual beliefs ever.

I'm pretty sure I didn't say I felt all evangelical Christians were like that. My uncle was a Nazarene minister, is about as evangelical as one could get, and is probably the best advertisement I know of for the Christian faith. He and his family have been entirely accepting of my wife and have not tried to convert her (and they've never tried to convert me for my entire life). He "evangelizes" through the example of his life.

What I object to, and what I saw in the trailer for this film, is the superior attitude displayed. "There are two kinds of people in this world..." Muslim fundies do the same thing; they divide the world into infidels and Muslims. When you allow yourself to believe that you are "saved" (whether through Christ or following the five pillars of Islam), it's easy to believe yourself superior to everyone else you feel isn't "saved". Never mind if they're good people or not, never mind if otherwise they'd fit into the definition of what is a good Christian or a Muslim; they don't believe as you do so they're inferior. And then you can find a passage in the Bible or the Koran that gives you authority over them, or a passage that allows you to imprison them, or to kill them.

So go ahead, feel passion about your beliefs. Find purpose or guidance in Christ's teachings. But please don't think you're better than the guy down the street who goes to the mosque on Friday, or to the synagogue on Saturday. They're probably just as good of a person as you are, and I firmly believe God won't condemn a good person to hell just cause they didn't pray five times a day, or believe that Jesus is his Lord and personal savior.

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

Timeline
I'm pretty sure I didn't say I felt all evangelical Christians were like that. My uncle was a Nazarene minister, is about as evangelical as one could get, and is probably the best advertisement I know of for the Christian faith. He and his family have been entirely accepting of my wife and have not tried to convert her (and they've never tried to convert me for my entire life). He "evangelizes" through the example of his life.

What I object to, and what I saw in the trailer for this film, is the superior attitude displayed. "There are two kinds of people in this world..." Muslim fundies do the same thing; they divide the world into infidels and Muslims. When you allow yourself to believe that you are "saved" (whether through Christ or following the five pillars of Islam), it's easy to believe yourself superior to everyone else you feel isn't "saved". Never mind if they're good people or not, never mind if otherwise they'd fit into the definition of what is a good Christian or a Muslim; they don't believe as you do so they're inferior. And then you can find a passage in the Bible or the Koran that gives you authority over them, or a passage that allows you to imprison them, or to kill them.

So go ahead, feel passion about your beliefs. Find purpose or guidance in Christ's teachings. But please don't think you're better than the guy down the street who goes to the mosque on Friday, or to the synagogue on Saturday. They're probably just as good of a person as you are, and I firmly believe God won't condemn a good person to hell just cause they didn't pray five times a day, or believe that Jesus is his Lord and personal savior.

I wasn't addressing that to you but more to the OP of this thread who said American evangelicals were the same as Muslim extremists.

I don't think I am better than anyone, but I do believe that I found the truth and more than anything I'd wish others do too. I believe what the Bible says, which makes salvation clear. If someone feels certain about something, it doesn't mean they think they are a better human than another human. I don't think being a Christian makes me a better person , because instead I feel God is always showing me my short comings in order to change myself for the better little by little.

You believe as long as someone is a "good person" they won't go to hell. Those are your beliefs though, not mine. :P I don't believe anyone is naturally completely good nor can save themselves just because they think they are good. Still, I don't see how that means I think I am better than anyone. I am not, but Jesus was perfect so he is who I trust, not myself. But again, those are my beliefs.

I wasn't addressing that to you but more to the OP of this thread who said American evangelicals were the same as Muslim extremists.

I NEVER said that American evangelicals were the same as Muslim extremists! that's what you read betweeen the lines......

I only pointed out that we have a broad spectrum, with muslim extremists at one end (supporting violence etc.) and at the other end of the spectrum we have the wacko evangelicals who YES DON"T HAVE GRENADES AT THEIR DISPOSAL, well spotted to the posters who pointed that out.......zzzzzzz

I'm simply pointing out that both groups are totally wacko....

and Stina "I personally thought it was cool to see a bunch of kids standing up for what they believe in and expressing their passion and love towards God."

I'd be worried if you thought the kids in that video were cool!! :unsure:

ahhh the world would be so much better if it was filled with atheists!!

Timeline
I NEVER said that American evangelicals were the same as Muslim extremists! that's what you read betweeen the lines......

I only pointed out that we have a broad spectrum, with muslim extremists at one end (supporting violence etc.) and at the other end of the spectrum we have the wacko evangelicals who YES DON"T HAVE GRENADES AT THEIR DISPOSAL, well spotted to the posters who pointed that out.......zzzzzzz

I'm simply pointing out that both groups are totally wacko....

After all the talk about the recent islamic extremists wanting to kill the pope etc., here's the other end of the extremist spectrum..... the evangelicals in the US

and (pardon the pun) god help us all if they grow in numbers!!

be afraid......... be very afraid........it's "Jesus camp"........

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486358/traile...lay-E28810-10-2

Your above quote says the other end of the extremist spectrum is evangelicals in the US. I didn't read between the lines. You didn't say "I think these kind of ppl in this video are extremists". You said "evangelicals in the US", which is pretty general. I am considered an evangelical I guess, and I can't really be compared whatsoever to people who kill in the name of God.

Edited by stina&suj

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

No, the world would be so much better if ppl realised there are differences for a reason, and to get along despite the differences we do have.

But I do agree with you in the one point where ppl need to stop thinking they have a lock on the truth and everyone else is confused and needs to be "shown the way".

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

Filed: Timeline
I firmly believe God won't condemn a good person to hell just cause they didn't pray five times a day, or believe that Jesus is his Lord and personal savior.

I'm not about to mock you and insult you because you don't think God will "condemn a good person to hell just cause they didn't pray five times a day, or believe that Jesus is his Lord and personal savior", so is it too much to ask that you don't mock and insult those that DO believe that?

:lol: The world wouldn't survive long if it were filled with only atheists.

24vs7qp.jpg

21ch82r.gif

"In our attempt to make everybody happy, we make nobody happy. And we lose elections." - Democratic activist Janice Griffin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
80,000,000 people? That figure sounds a little bit inflated to me.

ditto...that's about 1 out of every 3 in the usa.

maybe someone is just afraid of 9 year olds :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The Video was edited by who I don't know but what you saw with sticks and stuff is a play that they were doing a dance a drama whatever you want to call it.. and dying for Jesus is different they don't take guns etc.. to blow people up they teach the word of God. Some people don't like it and will even kill a christian like it is a trophy. They are not evil people looking to hate people from different races their goal is to love the people to show God's love... The girl who had tape over her mouth that said life on it was a protest against abortion the baby inside can not speak for his self.. so there for the child mouth was tape with the word life on it. someone did a great job of editing the tape to give christians a bad image but, all was edited.

Just because you don't see all of it you will get the wrong ideal but, if you have questions I can answer to this video. Christians are to show love not hatred. Like all people in different beliefs you get a mix of everything but, a true christian is to show Jesus love.

Jatin & Christina

15 Sep 07- Met on Internet at ChristianChat

27 Apr 2005- Met Face to face first time in India

27 Aug 2005- Got Engaged with my darling Jatin

27 Mar 2006- Filed I-129F Petition form sent to USCIS in California

24 Jul 2006-Recieved I-797 NOA Approval

10 Aug 2006- Recieved Packet-3

14 Aug 2006- Received Passport Clearance Certificate

24 Aug 2006- Recieved Birth Non-Availability Certificate from MNC,Agra & Police Certificate

30 Aug 2006- Handover DS-230 Part-1 with Checklist to US Embassy,New Delhi

08 Sept 2006- Recieved Packet 4 with Interview Appointment Letter

18 Sept 2006- In New Delhi for Medical Test

25 Sept 2006- Recieved Medical Report

28 Sept 2006- Handover I-129F form & documents to VFS Office,New Delhi

12 Oct 2006- Interview Time

12 Oct 2006- Interivew awesome,Embassy holded my Visa due to unable to show the I-134 Affidavit of Support

19 Oct 2006- Handed Over the I-134 Affidavit of Support to VFS Office,New Delhi

01 Nov 2006- Visa been Issued wooohooooo

14 Nov 2006- Recieved Passport with K1 Visa and a Sealed Envelope

23 Nov 2006- POE Chicago..way easy..asked easy questions, boarded the flight for Phoenix to meet me lol!!

07 Dec 2006- Applied for SSN

21 Dec 2006- Recieved the SSN

16 Dec 2006- Got Married with my Jatin woooohoooooo!!!

The Video was edited by who I don't know but what you saw with sticks and stuff is a play that they were doing a dance a drama whatever you want to call it.. and dying for Jesus is different they don't take guns etc.. to blow people up they teach the word of God. Some people don't like it and will even kill a christian like it is a trophy. They are not evil people looking to hate people from different races their goal is to love the people to show God's love... The girl who had tape over her mouth that said life on it was a protest against abortion the baby inside can not speak for his self.. so there for the child mouth was tape with the word life on it. someone did a great job of editing the tape to give christians a bad image but, all was edited.

Just because you don't see all of it you will get the wrong ideal but, if you have questions I can answer to this video. Christians are to show love not hatred. Like all people in different beliefs you get a mix of everything but, a true christian is to show Jesus love.

You're right :thumbs:

I'm a Christian and would be happy to be a member of God's Army! Now that I think about it, I guess I already am--just have never labeled myself that way. I speak the Good News everyday! I agree with who wrote that we need to keep a watchful eye for those that use Jesus' name and do not do good works. And then tell them so-loud and clear. Name one Christian country were other religions are not welcome to practice their faith? We are a loving and accepting group. Christians would rejoice if all the world was believers and we tell people about what Jesus did for us everyday we can, but we understand that it is a personal choice to choose to believe and that can not be forced on anyone, but all are welcome. :yes:

I, too, am one of those "crazy Evangelicals". I agree with the PP who said that the film was edited somewhat to make it look "scary". those kids were doing a drama or a dance...no one is training the children to fight with weapons or to be a part of a literal army.

however, the military connotations are straight from the bible. In Ephesians 6, Paul wrote,

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." Ephesians 6:10-18

The "army" is a spiritual army, not a literal one. Our enemy is not flesh and blood, but spiritual darkness. notice that the "armor" we are given is TRUTH, RIGHTEOUSNESS, PEACE and SALVATION...the ONLY offensive weapon we're given is the Bible (called the sword of the spirit, or the Word of God). As Christians, we are never to force our beliefs on others...we simply share what we believe by both our words and our actions...and God does the rest. We are not called to fight...we are simply called to stand firm for what we believe. And we are called to demonstrate our beliefs by loving all mankind...believer and non-believer alike. We are called to serve all of humanity in Jesus' name.

someone said that the world would be better off if it were full of only athiests. oh, but how wrong that is!

Soviet Communism was a shining example of what happens when God is removed from the equation of a society. The USSR came to its ultimate ruin and destruction because the people had no hope. no future.

Just take a look at how much is done in the world in the name of Jesus.

Hospitals.

Nursing Homes.

Schools and Universities (even our Ivy League colleges were all originally founded by Christians).

Homeless Shelters.

Drug Rehab programs.

Food pantries.

Soup kitchens.

Women's crisis centers.

Adoption agencies.

The Red Cross.

The Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts.

The Salvation Army.

The YMCA.

Goodwill.

Medical Care and Food to third world countries.

Boys and Girls Club.

Orphanages.

The Civil Rights movement.

i could go on...but hopefully you get what i'm saying here. without the people of God, the less fortunate would be left to fend for themselves. The assertion that Christians think they are better than everyone else is sadly, so far off the mark. As believers, we are called to recognize that ALL men are created equal. God loves each and every person on this planet equally...He created each person with a specific plan and purpose for their lives, and He desires for us to live in love and peace with one another...believers and non-believers.

Would I be willing to die for my Lord? I pray that I would. If someone were to give me a choice, either to renounce my faith in my Lord or to face the guilletine...I pray that I would somehow have the grace and courage that was demonstrated by the three who faced the firey furnace. These men had been called before the king for remaining true to God, and refusing to bow down and worship the golden statue of the king. They were tried before the king, who sentenced them to death by burning them alive in the furnace. But before they were sentenced, they were given a chance to speak for themselves, and this is what they said:

"Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up." Daniel 3:16-18

But the difference, friends, between Christianity and Islam, is that as a Christian, I would never seek out violence in order to make myself into a martyr for God. It would be a sin to commit an act of terrorism in His name. I will, by all possible means and by the grace of God, demonstrate God's LOVE to everyone I meet, regardless of age, race, creed, nationality, disability, economic status, sexual orientation or religion.

this is my prayer.

Edited by dani_christine

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

Click here to view our webpage!

jt179g.jpg

AOS Approved!! icon_woohoo.gif

Apply to remove conditions August 13, 2008!

Click here for our complete Immigration Timeline

2uhvevm.gif

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."--Author Unknown

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

ORLY???

so what about the lady that said 'ther are to kind of people, the ones who love jesus and the ones who don't'.. I betcha they are teaching the kids untolerance against the 'jesus haters'.. instead of just telling them 'they believe other things' leave them alone.. period

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

well, i'm not here to argue with ya...but we hear this saying quite a bit....usually in reference to the fact that we Christians need to put aside our petty differences and quit squabbling over being Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, Presbyterian, etc...and work together to make this world we live in a better place.

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

Click here to view our webpage!

jt179g.jpg

AOS Approved!! icon_woohoo.gif

Apply to remove conditions August 13, 2008!

Click here for our complete Immigration Timeline

2uhvevm.gif

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."--Author Unknown