ready4ONE

August filers...

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

You bet, ready4ONE. I'm definitely encouraged for the moment. I don't think this hoard of approvals is going to last long. The $500 million appropriation that USCIS received five years ago to reduce their backlog (HAHAHAHA! Yeah, THAT was money well spent...NOT!!) runs out at the end of this month (fiscal year). I suspect that what we've been seeing is a huge push to make things look as good as possible before the money is completely gone. There is no more appropriation money in sight. Between now and January, a whole slew of contract workers will be leaving USCIS permanently, as I understand it. I'm guessing that slowdowns must lie ahead. Hopefully they can get as many of us pushed through as possible while the contract workers are still on board.

Here's to a lot of speedy approvals!! :thumbs:

Wow! I hope you are wrong. I work for a major City in the USA and like any Government body, we must continually submit a yearly budget proposal for the year ahead and that MUST be approved. Why do you think that one big chunk of reserved money peoposed in 2001 is going to run out in 2006??? No one submitted their yearly budget proposal for each additional year? Maybe these funds were to create buildings and personal. I am NOT ON THE USCIS side, but your post made me question your picture of the end result after the funds recieved 5 years ago. Please send Web links as I dont

know many Government offices with 5 year funds available. I am sincere in wanting to read this and maybe I can be of some help with regards to the anual budgeting which is also public information.

Thanks

If you want to read it, I'd be thrilled. There's plenty to muck through. I'd start with the 2004-2006 USCIS Ombudsman reports. You can also take a look at the 2005 GAO report. The 2006 Ombudsman report perhaps spells things out most clearly...makes it possible to really see the writing on the wall. You can see exactly how the $500 million was spent, when it's due to run out, and what will happen as a result (including the soon-to-disappear contract workers).

USCIS is a fee-based operation. Under normal conditions, all the work they do must be paid for with the fees they collect. The $500 million appropriation was given to USCIS by Congress in 2001 in order to "reduce backlog." USCIS has failed miserably in that regard, no matter what they tell people. The way they've actually reduced backlog--as so clearly outlined by the Ombudsman and others--is to REDEFINE backlog. Backlog is now total number of pending petitions MINUS the last six months of receipts. In other words, if you filed in the last six months, you are not considered part of the backlog. USCIS has made it quite clear that they intend to continue using this strategy in order to "reduce" backlog. They can literally redefine backlog at will in order to keep themselves out of hot water. It's all a whitewash.

The biggest travesty is that they had a golden opportunity. They could have used that $500 million to invest in major technology overhauls that would have eliminated many problems that currently contribute to or downright cause backlogs and delays. Instead, they used the money to do what they've always done. They hired a lot of contract workers (expensive) that they swept from office to office and visa type to visa type like fleas in a barnyard, preventing them from ever REALLY making any serious progress. They invested some money in EXPLORING changes in technology, but didn't end up really doing anything. Yes, reading the Ombudsman's reports is quite eye-opening. I think everyone here should read them and rise up in revolt. USCIS has behaved wastefully, shamefully, and frankly, dishonestly.

Wait till you read what they have to say about AOS and EADs...It'll curl your hair if it's not curled already. Did you know that USCIS has for some time now actually had the ability to issue EADs for longer than one year? But they almost never do. Know why? Less fees for them. Never mind the hardship it causes to us or the scam it ends up being since and EAD often isn't even valuable for a full year--or the fact that while those EADs and other interim benefit fees bring in money, they also contribute to the backlog. It's a never-ending viscious circle...One that actually compromises national security. Yes, by all means, read the report. Everyone read it. PLEASE!! All of us should understand PRECISELY what we're dealing with here and that the problems are not limited to I-130s and I-129Fs. We are headed from visa phase into something far worse. AOS is going to be a lot more frustrating and expensive. We all need to raise our voices as one to get attention that will lead to change. If you're interested contact me. Don't wait.

Links:

http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/C...to_Congress.pdf

http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/C...Report_2005.pdf

http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/C...Report_2006.pdf

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d0620.pdf

January 2004: Met Laurent at the Bibliothèque nationale in Paris

February 2004: We became an actual couple

January 29th, 2006: I left France to return to the United States--AWFUL to say goodbye!

June 2006: Finally convinced Laurent that a K-1 visa would be more time-effective than trying to get an H-1

August 1st, 2006: The K-1 petition is finally in the mail and on its way to Nebraska...WooHoooo!! And yes, I remembered to attach the check! :-)

August 3rd, 2006: USPS online tracking shows that my petition (sent certified) was received at the NSC at 5:05am

August 14th, 2006: NOA1 received USPS!! (I-129F recv'd at CSC: 8/4; NOA date: 8/10; last touched: 8/11)

October 2nd, 2006: I MISTAKENLY thought we had an approval...False alarm...Back to waiting...

October 3rd, 2006: TOUCHED!!

October 4th, 2006: REALLY AND TRULY APPROVED!!! Email notification lists 10/3 as the NOA2 date.

Later that same day: TOUCHED...AGAIN! Hope that means I'm in a cozy box and moving to NVC this week...

October 10th, 2006: Received official NOA2 via snail mail.

October 19th, 2006: Case received at NVC!! AWESOME!!

October 20th, 2006: Case forwarded to Paris!! DHL says two shipments were headed that way. Must be in there somewhere...

October 27th, 2006: Received official receipt letter from NVC via USPS.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You bet, ready4ONE. I'm definitely encouraged for the moment. I don't think this hoard of approvals is going to last long. The $500 million appropriation that USCIS received five years ago to reduce their backlog (HAHAHAHA! Yeah, THAT was money well spent...NOT!!) runs out at the end of this month (fiscal year). I suspect that what we've been seeing is a huge push to make things look as good as possible before the money is completely gone. There is no more appropriation money in sight. Between now and January, a whole slew of contract workers will be leaving USCIS permanently, as I understand it. I'm guessing that slowdowns must lie ahead. Hopefully they can get as many of us pushed through as possible while the contract workers are still on board.

Wow that just thoroughly depressed me.

AOS/EAD/AP:

Apr. 24 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Sent to Chicago Lockbox

Apr. 25 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Arrived at Chicago

Apr. 30 2007: NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

May 02 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Cheques cashed

May 03 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Touched

May 22 2007: RFE

May 25 2007: Biometrics for EAD

May 29 2007: EAD Touched

Jun. 06 2007: Biometrics for AOS Completed at the same time as EAD

Jun. 08 2007: RFE sent back

Jun. 11 2007: RFE Rec'd

Jun. 13 2007: AOS Touched

Jun. 14 2007: AOS Touched

Jun. 18 2007: AOS Touched

Jul. 10 2007: EAD and AP Touched and approved!

Aug. 17 2007: AOS Interview! APPROVED!!!!

Lifting Conditions:

Jun. 15 2009: Mailed I-751 to CSC

Aug. 14 2009: Biometrics

Sep. 17 2009: Approved!

Pillowcased: Diary of a Madwoman. Full timeline coming soon!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

If you want to read it, I'd be thrilled. There's plenty to muck through. I'd start with the 2004-2006 USCIS Ombudsman reports. You can also take a look at the 2005 GAO report. The 2006 Ombudsman report perhaps spells things out most clearly...makes it possible to really see the writing on the wall. You can see exactly how the $500 million was spent, when it's due to run out, and what will happen as a result (including the soon-to-disappear contract workers).

USCIS is a fee-based operation. Under normal conditions, all the work they do must be paid for with the fees they collect. The $500 million appropriation was given to USCIS by Congress in 2001 in order to "reduce backlog." USCIS has failed miserably in that regard, no matter what they tell people. The way they've actually reduced backlog--as so clearly outlined by the Ombudsman and others--is to REDEFINE backlog. Backlog is now total number of pending petitions MINUS the last six months of receipts. In other words, if you filed in the last six months, you are not considered part of the backlog. USCIS has made it quite clear that they intend to continue using this strategy in order to "reduce" backlog. They can literally redefine backlog at will in order to keep themselves out of hot water. It's all a whitewash.

The biggest travesty is that they had a golden opportunity. They could have used that $500 million to invest in major technology overhauls that would have eliminated many problems that currently contribute to or downright cause backlogs and delays. Instead, they used the money to do what they've always done. They hired a lot of contract workers (expensive) that they swept from office to office and visa type to visa type like fleas in a barnyard, preventing them from ever REALLY making any serious progress. They invested some money in EXPLORING changes in technology, but didn't end up really doing anything. Yes, reading the Ombudsman's reports is quite eye-opening. I think everyone here should read them and rise up in revolt. USCIS has behaved wastefully, shamefully, and frankly, dishonestly.

Wait till you read what they have to say about AOS and EADs...It'll curl your hair if it's not curled already. Did you know that USCIS has for some time now actually had the ability to issue EADs for longer than one year? But they almost never do. Know why? Less fees for them. Never mind the hardship it causes to us or the scam it ends up being since and EAD often isn't even valuable for a full year--or the fact that while those EADs and other interim benefit fees bring in money, they also contribute to the backlog. It's a never-ending viscious circle...One that actually compromises national security. Yes, by all means, read the report. Everyone read it. PLEASE!! All of us should understand PRECISELY what we're dealing with here and that the problems are not limited to I-130s and I-129Fs. We are headed from visa phase into something far worse. AOS is going to be a lot more frustrating and expensive. We all need to raise our voices as one to get attention that will lead to change. If you're interested contact me. Don't wait.

Links:

http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/C...to_Congress.pdf

http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/C...Report_2005.pdf

http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/C...Report_2006.pdf

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d0620.pdf

:o:blink::(

Kirsten L, will you share here your idea for "raising our voices"?

14 July 05 - "wow! now THAT is a first kiss"

23 March 06 - "let's get married!"

22 August 06 - "here we go, I129F for K1 to NSC today"

13 January 07 - "Visa in hand!!"

02 March 07 - Joy "I Do!" Judge "what about you?" Asha "Me Too!" Judge "OK then, you're married!!"

13 April 07 - "Uncle Sam, here's the papers."

21 June 07 - "application transferred to CSC, Yippie!"

07 July 07 - "why yes, that is a conditional Permanent Resident card in my hand!"

08 April 09 - will file to lift conditions

usaCa.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I don't want to jinx myself. But, I definately noticed the approvals and told my fiance about the update. I hope, but I have mentally prepared myself for a lot longer of a wait. So we will just have to wait and see.....I haven't had a single touch. How about you guys?

1Corinthians 13:13 But now faith, hope, and love remain--these three. The greatest of these is love.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_mexic_2fawm.gif

08/08/2006- Mailed I 129-F packet to TSC

08/10/2006- Packet Signed for by TSC employee

08/18/2006- NOA 1 date

08/22/2006- Touched.....:)

10/25/2006- Touched.......BIG SMILE :)

10/26/2006- TOUCHED AGAIN..........HUGE SMILE!

10/27/2006- NOA 2 approval email received!

10/31/2006- NOA 2 received in mail.........Can't stop smiling!!

11/16/2006- NVC receives my petition and assigns us a case number CDJ----------!!!! WOOHOO

11/20/2006- Mailed to Juarez!! Yippee!

11/30/2006- Juarez received my petition......Email confirms I should receive my packet within 2 weeks!! :)

12/15/2006- Received Packet!!!!! Booking travel arrangements!!!!

12/26/2006- Medical Exam

12/27/2006- Interview, 601 waiver needed

01/10/2007- Filed 601 Waiver

01/17/2007- DHS Receipt of Waiver

08/26/2007- Approved

09/04/2007- Received Approval Notice

nope, no touches since August 19, which was the day after my noa1

AOS/EAD/AP:

Lifting Conditions:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well we appear to be in the same boat..... Hopefully we get approved quick. Although I must admit, I had planned to have a few months to save more $ for my lengthy trip to Mexico during the interview time....hahahaahah But, I will definately not complain if approved early.

1Corinthians 13:13 But now faith, hope, and love remain--these three. The greatest of these is love.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_mexic_2fawm.gif

08/08/2006- Mailed I 129-F packet to TSC

08/10/2006- Packet Signed for by TSC employee

08/18/2006- NOA 1 date

08/22/2006- Touched.....:)

10/25/2006- Touched.......BIG SMILE :)

10/26/2006- TOUCHED AGAIN..........HUGE SMILE!

10/27/2006- NOA 2 approval email received!

10/31/2006- NOA 2 received in mail.........Can't stop smiling!!

11/16/2006- NVC receives my petition and assigns us a case number CDJ----------!!!! WOOHOO

11/20/2006- Mailed to Juarez!! Yippee!

11/30/2006- Juarez received my petition......Email confirms I should receive my packet within 2 weeks!! :)

12/15/2006- Received Packet!!!!! Booking travel arrangements!!!!

12/26/2006- Medical Exam

12/27/2006- Interview, 601 waiver needed

01/10/2007- Filed 601 Waiver

01/17/2007- DHS Receipt of Waiver

08/26/2007- Approved

09/04/2007- Received Approval Notice

Filed: Timeline

i feel bad posting here, becuase I cried a few times on the Middle East and I do not want to jinx my interview, but I mailed my application out on the 7th of August and I recevied the NAO1 a week later and then the approval on the 22nd of August. We have an interview on the 17th of October, please pray for us this is killing me, but I read and I can not imagaine how you guys feel. The one thing that threw me for a loop was that I got the approval so soon, and I was surprised I was not excepting anything until Oct-Dec, but thank god it came soon. The early approval got me in steam engine mode and then the consulate just hurt my feelings. But luckly I received the interview date. I am happy, and I will pray for everybody. I must say this is a very unfair process and it puts the relationship on a serious rollercoaster. Sometimes you think about it so much that you become consumed with visa stuff. For a while that is all I talked about. After reading this board I know that we have three big steps left, interview, AR, and the POE. I wish everyone the best and I wonder why does one service center work faster than the others? I went through Vermont. Does anybody know why?

إركا

[

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh I definitely am.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but the thought that Craig might just be here by the beginning of the year? Well that's enough to make me excited to wake up everyday.

That being said, I'm still thinking a late November approval. That way, if it comes in the next few weeks, it'll be a happy surprise! :D

I got touched two days after my NOA1, and nothing since.

:star: Cass (bebop the great)

Edited by bebop + rocksteady

us.gif

timeline.gif

K-1

Service Center: California (transferred from Nebraska)

Consulate: Vancouver, Canada (transferred from Montreal)

06.17.2006 — Engagement!

08.23.2006 — NOA1

11.01.2006 — NOA2

01.25.2007 — Interview—APPPROOOVVEEEDD!!

02.12.2007 — Entry date!

03.01.2007 — Applied for SSN.

03.08.2007 — Social Security Card arrives! :)

03.17.2007 — Wedding day! Happy St. Patty's Day! YAY! :D

AOS/EAD

04.30.2007 — AOS/EAD Mailed off (No AP)

05.02.2007 — Arrives in Chicago.

05.08.2007 — NOA1 for AOS/EAD

06.01.2007 — Biometrics (and EAD Touch)

06.14.2007 — AOS Touch

06.17.2007 — AOS Transferred to CSC

06.19.2007 — AOS Touch

06.20.2007 — AOS Touch

06.21.2007 — AOS Touch (They must be doing something!)

07.25.2007 — EA Card Arrives. YAY! :)

09.03.2007 — AOS Touch, something finally!

09.05.2007 — AOS Touch

09.07.2007 — AOS Touch

09.09.2007 — AOS Touch

09.10.2007 — AOS Touch

09.11.2007 — AOS Approval without interview

09.17.2007 — Welcome to America! Letter arrives

09.29.2007 — Green card arrives! WOOO! No more USCIS until 06/09.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello...

Im also August person ...and no touched since i got NOA 1 ,is it strange ??? :wacko:

AOS

10/17/08*** Aos mailed

10/24/08*** NOA 1

10/31/08*** Biomectric Appointment in mail

11/5/08**** REF

11/12/08*** Biomectric Appointment

1/13/09**** Send out REF

1/16/09**** Case resume

1/22/09**** Case transfer to CSC

1/29/09**** Touch

1/30/09**** Touch

2/13/09**** Touch

2/17/09**** Touch

3/13/09**** Receive Welcome Letter :D

3/29/09**** Green Card in mail :D

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh god.

This makes me want to throw up.

:star: Cass (bebop the great)

us.gif

timeline.gif

K-1

Service Center: California (transferred from Nebraska)

Consulate: Vancouver, Canada (transferred from Montreal)

06.17.2006 — Engagement!

08.23.2006 — NOA1

11.01.2006 — NOA2

01.25.2007 — Interview—APPPROOOVVEEEDD!!

02.12.2007 — Entry date!

03.01.2007 — Applied for SSN.

03.08.2007 — Social Security Card arrives! :)

03.17.2007 — Wedding day! Happy St. Patty's Day! YAY! :D

AOS/EAD

04.30.2007 — AOS/EAD Mailed off (No AP)

05.02.2007 — Arrives in Chicago.

05.08.2007 — NOA1 for AOS/EAD

06.01.2007 — Biometrics (and EAD Touch)

06.14.2007 — AOS Touch

06.17.2007 — AOS Transferred to CSC

06.19.2007 — AOS Touch

06.20.2007 — AOS Touch

06.21.2007 — AOS Touch (They must be doing something!)

07.25.2007 — EA Card Arrives. YAY! :)

09.03.2007 — AOS Touch, something finally!

09.05.2007 — AOS Touch

09.07.2007 — AOS Touch

09.09.2007 — AOS Touch

09.10.2007 — AOS Touch

09.11.2007 — AOS Approval without interview

09.17.2007 — Welcome to America! Letter arrives

09.29.2007 — Green card arrives! WOOO! No more USCIS until 06/09.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
It's getting my hopes up that's for sure, but I don't know if that's a good thing considering there's still a good chance it could drag on for another 4 months! So I'm hoping.. but trying not to hope too much or get too excited... even though it's hard because wow are things ever looking up.

But there have already been at least 2 August approvals already. Read the threads. Two were approved yesterday or the day before and they were both early August filers.

Cass, I know just how you feel. I'm trying to think November and be surprised. Oh god.

AOS/EAD/AP:

Lifting Conditions:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Knowing that we have not an ounce of control over the order in which the CSC processes petitions, we have solemnly vowed to feel only hope for everyone waiting; happiness for those approved; and sadness for those who must appeal.

That said, when the first August approval from CSC gets posted here, we will both faint. :yes::blush:

But there have already been at least 2 August approvals already. Read the threads. Two were approved yesterday or the day before and they were both early August filers.

:dead: THUNK!............................. :dead: THUNK!

...............................................................................u

h, can someone help us up?

14 July 05 - "wow! now THAT is a first kiss"

23 March 06 - "let's get married!"

22 August 06 - "here we go, I129F for K1 to NSC today"

13 January 07 - "Visa in hand!!"

02 March 07 - Joy "I Do!" Judge "what about you?" Asha "Me Too!" Judge "OK then, you're married!!"

13 April 07 - "Uncle Sam, here's the papers."

21 June 07 - "application transferred to CSC, Yippie!"

07 July 07 - "why yes, that is a conditional Permanent Resident card in my hand!"

08 April 09 - will file to lift conditions

usaCa.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Kirsten L, will you share here your idea for "raising our voices"?

I would be happy to share my thoughts on that with you. Currently myself and a few others are attempting to get some media attention regarding what's going on. If we can get some local interest generated first--newspaper articles, radio broadcasts, etc., we can put together a press kit to send on to some of the big boys and girls in national television. That's where pressure can really be applied and accountability demanded. The goal is not just to put USCIS in an uncomfortable spotlight, but also to put pressure on the congressional committee that supposedly oversees it (but that clearly doesn't give a rat's butt because they don't ever have to deal with it). It's not about obtaining a congressional inquiry. Thanks to the Ombudsman and the GAO, we already have all the evidence needed regarding what's been going on. The point is to get some already long-recommended changes finally implemented. We want to force action.

If you have ideas about who in your general area you could contact in terms of media, I would highly recommend that you do so. Could you let me know who you're planning on contacting so that I can keep a record? Also, I think it wouldn't hurt to send the same letters to the people others are contacting. I can tell you that my first two letters have gone out to Vicki McKenna, who has a program called Up Front on WIBA News/Talk Radio out of Madison, WI; and Don Wade & Roma who have a morning radio broadcast on WLS Talk Radio in Chicago. I also plan on contacting the local Madison papers: The Isthmus, The Wisconsin State Journal, and the Capital Times. I may be able to swing a foot in the door at some local television stations if I play my cards right.

Read the reports I suggested. Know the facts. Then send as many letters and make as many phone calls as you can to as many key media folk as possible. The more these people see this issue coming across their desks or computer screens, the more they'll see there's a valuable story here. That's why it would be good to start a list of who's contacting whom and decide who could do overlap where. In your letters, I would recommend especially focusing on issues such as: unreasonable delays for separated families, poor management and business strategies, abysmal financial practices, and national security issues. There may be other things that occur to you, but these provide a strong base. You don't need to mention all of them, but two or three would be good so that those who read the letters can see that the problem is not small.

All of this needs to be done in a forthright but respectful way. Be calm. Be logical. Be as concise as possible. The more concise you are, the better chance you have of being read/heard.

If any of you wants to discuss further details of this strategy or ideas for pursuing it, feel free to contact myself or Onyxrev. In fact, contacting Onyxrev would be a very good idea right about now. He is experiencing a total hosing at USCIS' hands and is really discouraged at the moment. Knowing that there are other people who would like to join forces with us would seriously encourage him, I suspect.

Inertia and tolerance in relationship to USCIS' nonsense will get us nowhere. I look forward to hearing from you!! :thumbs:

January 2004: Met Laurent at the Bibliothèque nationale in Paris

February 2004: We became an actual couple

January 29th, 2006: I left France to return to the United States--AWFUL to say goodbye!

June 2006: Finally convinced Laurent that a K-1 visa would be more time-effective than trying to get an H-1

August 1st, 2006: The K-1 petition is finally in the mail and on its way to Nebraska...WooHoooo!! And yes, I remembered to attach the check! :-)

August 3rd, 2006: USPS online tracking shows that my petition (sent certified) was received at the NSC at 5:05am

August 14th, 2006: NOA1 received USPS!! (I-129F recv'd at CSC: 8/4; NOA date: 8/10; last touched: 8/11)

October 2nd, 2006: I MISTAKENLY thought we had an approval...False alarm...Back to waiting...

October 3rd, 2006: TOUCHED!!

October 4th, 2006: REALLY AND TRULY APPROVED!!! Email notification lists 10/3 as the NOA2 date.

Later that same day: TOUCHED...AGAIN! Hope that means I'm in a cozy box and moving to NVC this week...

October 10th, 2006: Received official NOA2 via snail mail.

October 19th, 2006: Case received at NVC!! AWESOME!!

October 20th, 2006: Case forwarded to Paris!! DHL says two shipments were headed that way. Must be in there somewhere...

October 27th, 2006: Received official receipt letter from NVC via USPS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.