Jim/Jan

US

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone! I'm a 69 yr old physician from Mississippi engaged to a 30 yr. old Mexican lady who teaches English in secondary school. We met several yrs ago while I led a mision team to her area. We soon connected and we are in love and are applying for a K1 visa. We both realize the disadvantages--and advantages-- of our age differences. Recently, I'm feeling like we will not stand a chance of being together and I get very depressed. I'm working full time and devote the rest of my time to filling out forms with her help!. We lived together here in the US while she was here on a travel visa to have medical tests and dental repair for almost 4 months. She had to return to Mexico for her employment but now we are wondering if that was a mistake! I really miss her now. Pray for us!

08/25/2012- Married

09/14/2012 - Mailed AOS package (I-130,I-485,I-765) via USPS Express Mail.

09/17/2012 - Package delivered by USPS.

09/18/2012 - text notification receivefor 765/131 but not 485.

09/22/2012 - NOAs for I-130/ I-765 received in the mail.(not for I-485)

09/27/2012 - Biometrics appt scheduled for 10/04/2012.Had case number for I-485.

09/29/2012- duplicate letter for Biometrics appt.received.

10/10/2012 – Biometrics completed..

11/19/2012 - Case status checked and showed EAD/AP approved/production. No text or letter received.

11/27/2012 - EAD/AP combo card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

You guys have nothing to lose. Get married legally in Mexico and apply for cr1 visa. Age difference is an obstacle, but you can overcome this if you can prove you have true relationship. K1 may not be the route for you. But if you do go that route, make sure you accompany her to the interview at the embassy. It’s going to be hard to prove the visa isn’t only for immigration purposes. I am sure you are very much in love. Gather as much evidence as you can and go for it. Any possible red flags must be discussed and dealt with. God bless your journey.

Bonnie_n_Clyde

:)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

; We are talking about a huge age gap, yet it doesn't mean this will be an automatic denial.

You don't neccessary have to file for CR-1 if you choose to file K1 yourself.

Just be prepared to a lot of questioning at your future interview (such as the differences in mental + physical level between the two of you, what if she'd like to have kids in the near future, etc etc, etc) In meantime gather a lot of proof of ongoing relationship. The more the better.

Love can conquer a lot :thumbs: GOOD LUCK!

Edited by Channah&Aaron

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Filed: Other Timeline

You are correct: an older man of means marrying a woman that could be his granddaughter, age wise, is a huge red flag, whether that happens within the U.S. or abroad.

Nobody would assume you wanted to take advantage of this, but they will assume that the young lady has ulterior motives in marrying a man that could be her grandfather, and, frankly, who could blame them?

Consular officers are trained to look out for red flags, and that's clearly the case here.

If our 21 year-old daughter would want to marry a 60 year old man, my wife and I would be opposed to that as well. Yet if my family lived in a third world country and I found out that the man is a wealthy physician with a nice home and lots of money in the Land of the Brave and Free, I would know at least why she'd up for that.

I don't believe in prayers, but I wish you the best of luck.

May the force be with you.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915