J.Alberto

Need help to fill I-485 form PLease

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

:help: Hi Can some body advice me please?? im trying to fill up my forms for my AOS and im having dobuts on what to put in the blanks :unsure: of the I-485 form Part 1.. i llapreciate any help u can provide me thank you

1 A#(if Any)

2 Current USCIS Status

i came to the usa under K-1 visa already married

thankyou for any help you can provide

The A# should appear on the K-1 Visa in your passport in the following format (where N equals a number) ANNN-NNN-NNN. If you do not see it there, you can also check the NOA2, where it will appear eith the beneficiary's name. If there is no A#, no worries: one will be assigned during the AOS process; the I-94 information should help USCIS in tracking your records down. For "Current USCIS Status" we used "K-1 Visa Holder" and "K-2 Visa Holder", respectively, for my now wife and stepson.

Take care and have a great day!

Joe & Ann

1. The A# can be found on your K1 NOA2.

2. K1

ROC

01 May 2013 - Received ROC reminder letter

22 Jul 2013 - Mailed I-751 via USPS Priority Mail

24 Jul 2013 - NOA1 date

27 Jul 2013 - Received NOA1

03 Aug 2013 - Received Biometrics letter

20 Aug 2013 - Biometrics appointment

19 Sep 2013 - Approved

24 Sep 2013 - Received NOA2

09 Oct 2013 - Received GC

1 A#(if Any)

An A-number is the letter A followed by a number of digits. (In my wife's case, it was nine digits.) It is *NOT* an I-94 Arrival number (hers looks like 999999999 99), or the Visa Control Number (hers looks like 200499999999O9). If you don't have an A-number on any of the paperwork you received from USCIS, then leave it blank.

2 Current USCIS Status

I believe the answer to this is "K-1" in your case, but wait until someone else on here answers.

Care,

Bill

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
:dance: WOW THE RIGHT ASWERS SO FAST ,, THANK YOU VERY MUCH YOU GUYS JUST SOLVED MY DOBUTS ON THIS FORM THANK U I GOT IT REAYD NOW ,, IM GOING TO FILL UP THE REST , AND WILL COME BACK IF I HAVE FURTHER DOBUTS ON THEM THANK YOU ALL AGAIN GOD BLESS YOU ALL :innocent:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

:help: Hi Can some body advice me please?? im trying to fill up my forms for my AOS and im having dobuts on what to put in the blanks :unsure: of the I-485 form Part 1.. i llapreciate any help u can provide me thank you

1 A#(if Any)

2 Current USCIS Status

1.You can find your A number on your K-1 visa or on the NOA2 hard copy. It's a 9 digit number and it starts with A(per exapmle A 123-456-789).

2. K-1 Visa or simply K-1. Whatever works for you.

Check you the example forms here on VJ, they've been a great help for me.

Edited by Ella & Octav

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Filed: Other Timeline

Yes, a simple "A" indicates Alien; a small X before that (x-A) indicates that's an extraterrestrial alien.

For example, Superman was an extraterrestrial alien. He had no legal basis to adjust status and was actually guilty of false claim of U.S. citizenship by pretending to be Clark Kent. He used false documents in order to secure employment at the Daily Planet and his adoption was fraudulent from the get-go as well, which consequently means that all of the Kent clan should have been in jail for many years, and Superman should have been deported with a lifetime bar attached.

Strangely, Americans have different standards of right and wrong when it comes to their heroes.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

The A# should appear on the K-1 Visa in your passport in the following format (where N equals a number) ANNN-NNN-NNN. If you do not see it there, you can also check the NOA2, where it will appear eith the beneficiary's name. If there is no A#, no worries: one will be assigned during the AOS process; the I-94 information should help USCIS in tracking your records down. For "Current USCIS Status" we used "K-1 Visa Holder" and "K-2 Visa Holder", respectively, for my now wife and stepson.

Take care and have a great day!

Joe & Ann

Do NOT use the one found on the visa (if there is one.. there isn't on mine). This is commonly incorrect (in various ways I've explained a million times). Trust ONLY the NOA2. Also, the OP is a K1, they DEFINITELY have an Alien number.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yes, a simple "A" indicates Alien; a small X before that (x-A) indicates that's an extraterrestrial alien.

For example, Superman was an extraterrestrial alien. He had no legal basis to adjust status and was actually guilty of false claim of U.S. citizenship by pretending to be Clark Kent. He used false documents in order to secure employment at the Daily Planet and his adoption was fraudulent from the get-go as well, which consequently means that all of the Kent clan should have been in jail for many years, and Superman should have been deported with a lifetime bar attached.

Strangely, Americans have different standards of right and wrong when it comes to their heroes.

That's not nearly as worrisome as the fact that there are some Americans beyond the age of puberty who believe Superman and Batman are real people. :blink:

P.S. - Superman is covered by INA 249. He entered the US before January 1st, 1972 (first Action comic in 1938), has had his residence in the US since then, is a person of good moral character, and is not ineligible for citizenship or deportable.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1 A#(if Any)

2 Current USCIS Status

We did not have A# until AOS accepted by them it took a month from mailing. USCIS status is K-1. Now lots of waiting. Be sure to apply for EAD and AP together.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.