bekam

k-1 packet (pictures/copies/evidence)

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Listen, none of that additional stuff is required for the initial I-129F package. If you sent nothing else that what was required, you would be OK. There is no set number of things that you should send. It's always better to send more than less, but save some stuff for the interview. Don't send everything. I printed every phone bill that I've received since I've known my fiancee, but I only sent 3 from various time periods in order to show an ongoing relationship. I will give her all of them to take to the interview. Just pick out a few things (receipts, boarding passes, bills, etc.) and send them in. That's already more than what is required. Some people have an I-129F package that's 200 pages. Mine was about 50 & mainly because of my divorce documentation. Without that, it would have been about 20 pages.

I agree because the both of us we have over 100 emails and phone records are just ridiculous, western union receipts, more birthday cards more pictures so I didn't give them everything but I sure provided a good amount of evidence in my opinion. I've saved those things for the interview. I didnt count how many pages my packet is I would say about 50 if even that but to me depending on what embassy your dealing with you would rather be safe than sorry.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

hi yall... about to send the I-129F packet. Every time I check and re check i think of new questions, i stress a little bit more.. so I just want to ask about the packet to those who know-

1- with the I-129F packet and sending the "evidence of having met/ relationship"- I have photocopies of some pictures of me and my fiance - some pictures of just us together (wearing different things, different locations.) I also have pictures of us with his family in Mexico.. (some pictures of us with sisters, nieces, dad.. etc). The question is *should the pictures be in color?? * and do i have to have a description of the photo??-where it was taken, year, who is in the photo??-

2- how necessary is extra evidence and such.. i have some emails from my fiance to my parents :) discussing our relationship etc.. also phone bills and records, and some letters that i have sent him and him to me..

Thanks so much all who read and help!!

Primary evidence of having met in person is boarding passes, passport stamps, receipts from your trips to Mexico (or wherever you met in person), if both names are on the receipt (such as a hotel stay) then even better. Then, secondary evidence to backup the boarding passes and passport stamps are a few photos taken from the time of your visits together. You can send in actual photos with the date, who is in them, and where they were taken on the backs, or print them out on paper and add the descriptions and dates as captions under them.

It is not required for the petition, but you can send in a few phone/chat records and emails spanning the time of your relationship. The emails of your fiance talking to your parents about your relationship are good ones to send in. What you send in will be in your file and the officer that interviews you will already have access to some proof of your relationship. This is a good thing. Save copies of everything you send, and then keep adding more phone, email and chat/text evidence while waiting for your petition approval and visa interview. Bring the extra evidence, more photos, and the copies of what you already sent in with the 129F petition to the visa interview.

Good luck!

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Thanks so much for all the help!!

ok another thing that i have ben debating recently and maybe some one can give me an answer-

like ive said, my fiance is from Mexico, and all of our evidence (boarding passes pics etc) is good to go. But i have wondered if it was a good idea to send some letters (actually by mail) that he and i have sent to each other. I originally didnt think i could/ should send those because i didnt know of an "offical translator person." Now im thinking of sending a copy of a little letter that i sent him and one that he sent me. although it is is spanish, i was wondering if it would be good "evidence" to send this. (obviously on letters it says it's from me, to him, and at the end it has hearts and says "i love you" (in english)... etc.

I guess it would be evidence. ..... but i wonder if they will get mad that it's not with a whole translation of the letter.

please please please let me know! this is THE LAST STEP before i do the final check and recheck, :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hi yall... about to send the I-129F packet. Every time I check and re check i think of new questions, i stress a little bit more.. so I just want to ask about the packet to those who know-

1- with the I-129F packet and sending the "evidence of having met/ relationship"- I have photocopies of some pictures of me and my fiance - some pictures of just us together (wearing different things, different locations.) I also have pictures of us with his family in Mexico.. (some pictures of us with sisters, nieces, dad.. etc). The question is *should the pictures be in color?? * and do i have to have a description of the photo??-where it was taken, year, who is in the photo??-

2- how necessary is extra evidence and such.. i have some emails from my fiance to my parents :) discussing our relationship etc.. also phone bills and records, and some letters that i have sent him and him to me..

pics are secondary evidence but they do ask you to write location and date on the back.

ANY ADVICE FOR THIS, YALL!!!

ok another thing that i have ben debating recently and maybe some one can give me an answer-

like ive said, my fiance is from Mexico, and all of our evidence (boarding passes pics etc) is good to go. But i have wondered if it was a good idea to send some letters (actually by mail) that he and i have sent to each other. I originally didnt think i could/ should send those because i didnt know of an "offical translator person." Now im thinking of sending a copy of a little letter that i sent him and one that he sent me. although it is is spanish, i was wondering if it would be good "evidence" to send this. (obviously on letters it says it's from me, to him, and at the end it has hearts and says "i love you" (in english)... etc.

I guess it would be evidence. ..... but i wonder if they will get mad that it's not with a whole translation of the letter.

please please please let me know! this is THE LAST STEP before i do the final check and recheck, :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

K1 application is all about Primary Evidence, reread your paperwork.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

ANY ADVICE FOR THIS, YALL!!!

I dont think you need the letter, but it says if you must send anything other than in English Language it has to be translated, When I sent in my package, I even translated some phrases in the emails that were not in English just to be on the safe side.....The worst RFE would be a letter saying "what does this mean? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

03/17/2011----->I-129F mailed to Lewisville TX

03/21/2011----->Package delivered, signed by CATES

03/25/2011----->NOA1 received via text &email @ 1:15am

(Case transfered to Vermont)

03/29/2011----->NOA1 hardcopy received dated 3/23/11

03/29/2011----->TOUCHED

07/05/2011-----> NOA2 received via text & email

07/07/2011-----> NOA2 hardcopy receive dated 7/05/11

07/18/2011----->Package left NVC for Nigeria

07/25/2011-----> NVC hardcopy case number received dated 07/08/11

10/14/2011-----> Interview date-------APPROVED!!!!!! :)

10/21/2011----->VISA IN HAND ....Doxology :)

01/14/2012----->Arrival via Chicago

01/28/2012----->Married

03/28/2012----->AOE/EAD/AP filed

04/04/2012----->NOA1 received

04/27/2012----->Biometrics appointment

that's exactly what i'm afraid of, Habakukk2vs3. .. that they would see it as "questionable", and not as proof that we love eachother and have been communicating. oh well.. i guess ill just leave this out.

also, is this enough for PRIMARY EVIDENCE= i have plane ticket stubs since 2008 that i have saved (b/c im sentimental, not bc i thought i would file later). but it does prove that i went to mexico. .. i have a bus ticket from when we went together to go visit his family.

Then obviously i have pictures, i have emails, copies of my post office receipts proving i sent stuff to him (my name and his name on it), then i have phone records.

does that seem good for primary evidence, though.

also, i do have receipts from a hotel that he and i stayed out when i was in mexico with him... but it only has my name on it. would this be good prof, or not very beneficial?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Boarding passes showing you were in mexico as well as hotel receipts with few pictures showing you were together within the dates on the boarding pass should be sufficient,also both of you should have letter of intents, the sample on here is very good. I know it can be nerve-wrecking but you will be fine. MAJORITY of the people on here are here to help/coach you through the process like they did/and are doing for me. Dont be shy to post any question or concern and good luck

03/17/2011----->I-129F mailed to Lewisville TX

03/21/2011----->Package delivered, signed by CATES

03/25/2011----->NOA1 received via text &email @ 1:15am

(Case transfered to Vermont)

03/29/2011----->NOA1 hardcopy received dated 3/23/11

03/29/2011----->TOUCHED

07/05/2011-----> NOA2 received via text & email

07/07/2011-----> NOA2 hardcopy receive dated 7/05/11

07/18/2011----->Package left NVC for Nigeria

07/25/2011-----> NVC hardcopy case number received dated 07/08/11

10/14/2011-----> Interview date-------APPROVED!!!!!! :)

10/21/2011----->VISA IN HAND ....Doxology :)

01/14/2012----->Arrival via Chicago

01/28/2012----->Married

03/28/2012----->AOE/EAD/AP filed

04/04/2012----->NOA1 received

04/27/2012----->Biometrics appointment

Timeline

that's exactly what i'm afraid of, Habakukk2vs3. .. that they would see it as "questionable", and not as proof that we love eachother and have been communicating. oh well.. i guess ill just leave this out.

also, is this enough for PRIMARY EVIDENCE= i have plane ticket stubs since 2008 that i have saved (b/c im sentimental, not bc i thought i would file later). but it does prove that i went to mexico. .. i have a bus ticket from when we went together to go visit his family.

Then obviously i have pictures, i have emails, copies of my post office receipts proving i sent stuff to him (my name and his name on it), then i have phone records.

does that seem good for primary evidence, though.

also, i do have receipts from a hotel that he and i stayed out when i was in mexico with him... but it only has my name on it. would this be good prof, or not very beneficial?

The ticket stubs are good, and the bus ticket. You can always add a caption under the copy of the stubs/tickets to tell what they were from. They should coincide with the dates on your passport stamps, so that should work fine. The photos, emails and receipts showing you sent stuff back and forth works as secondary evidence to back up the ticket stubs and passport stamps. The hotel receipt won't prove you were together, but since it coincides with the dates of your other primary evidence, it won't hurt at all to include it. Make a note that you both stayed there, and your name is on it because you made the reservation and paid. If you have other receipts showing purchases, movie stubs with dates on them, ATM receipts from the times you were visiting him, etc. then send those in too. They don't prove you were together with him, but they help show you were there during the times you said you were visiting him. Primary evidence like the boarding passes and passport stamps don't prove the 2 people were actually together either. Providing as much evidence as you can from the trips you made to visit helps build a larger picture to show you were indeed there with him. That is how proving you have met in person works for USCIS standards.

I believe you have enough to prove you have met. The other major part of the petition is to prove you are free to marry. If either of you were married before, be sure to provide copies of the divorce decrees. Also, be sure to include a letter of intent to marry from each of you.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

thank yall so much!!

ok so im seeing a lot of "passport stamps" as primary evidence to prove that i have been with my fiance. if im already submitting a copy of ALL pages of my US passport ( as proof of my citizenship) , would i need to include it all AGAIN and put it in the "proof of meeting" section of the packet...

what do you suggest. I could make 2 copies of the pages that had the stamps showing i went to mexico, and highlight it or something. (?)

*also, it IS $340 to file, right? I would HATE to get an RFE for sending the wrong amount.

Timeline

thank yall so much!!

ok so im seeing a lot of "passport stamps" as primary evidence to prove that i have been with my fiance. if im already submitting a copy of ALL pages of my US passport ( as proof of my citizenship) , would i need to include it all AGAIN and put it in the "proof of meeting" section of the packet...

what do you suggest. I could make 2 copies of the pages that had the stamps showing i went to mexico, and highlight it or something. (?)

*also, it IS $340 to file, right? I would HATE to get an RFE for sending the wrong amount.

Are you sending in all the pages of your passport because you are not sending a birth certificate?

I think I would be safe and make extra copies of the stamps and add a caption to mention those are the stamps from when you went to visit, and put them with the boarding passes. List where everything is in order in the cover letter.

Yes, the fee is $340.

Edited by Jay-Kay

thank you jay-kay,

and yes we are both free to marry-no previous marriages/no criminal records/no children/... a pretty simple petition. yet im FREAKING OUT! thinking about the stuff they could RFE us for.

ok im going to dig up some more hotel receipts, some movie stubs, bank tickets and what not.

*other question*

we are both 21 (but will both be 22 by the time we get approval and he actually can come - assuming the 5-8 month processing time)

is this age an issue at all, in your opinion. does it matter that im in school, do they care or look at money at all right now ( i know affidavit of support isnt sent until later).

*other thought*

he does not speak english (very well) we speak spanish, and although he is learning and will learn better when he is here, obviously i wrote the letter of intent and filled in the g-325a form. they will be able to tell that later (interview when they see that he does not speak english and could not have written letter of intent)- will that be a concern at all, or a reason for them to deny/question. should we have this in spanish, too???

THOUGHTS PLEASE O PLEASE!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.