20 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi all again and thankyou so much for all your prayers and help,but its not overyet.I went to an info pass appointment,I told the immigration officer my story,had a stack of proof of all the things my husband did to me.All the sudden he says to me to hold on a minute,ill be right back.Well I thought he was going to help me!

All the sudden another immigration offcer a big woman with a mad look on her face comes out and says to me,We dont want to hear your story,you must write an 8 page letter telling us what happned,please no drama,and dont wine either!! Oh my God!!! Then shes says to me since hes only got a conditional residency,when he has the interview we will decide ifyou will pay all the benefits or half the benefits!! Dont think we are going to arrest him now or send him back to his country!!I said wait a minute,I withdrew the petetion 2 months after he got to america or putting me in jail and beating to almost death to get a green card.he acused me of false charges and did so much to me.She said the with drawl of the petition means nothing,you might still have to pay half the benefits because you brought him here!

I dont understand this.I am so devistated,this man took away everything from me,amost killed me,is living his life in my house and im left with no job,no money,no home.My body aches from all the beatings,broken finger,my back is messed up my neck,and this is what I they say? Can they really do this?

My husband I found out is trying toi serve me with immigrationcourt papers now!! To go to court so he can say I say that he was the victim.Is this fair? Hes 27 im 53!Hes a 6 foot 3 man I told them.Hes used me and this is the answer I get?

To all reading this,I dont know what to do.If I avoid being served to go to court,will he be able to get money from me?I have a home that he forced me to put jointly in sept.Can they make me give him half if I win the divorce case thats pending? Please help,I cant belieave this is happening to me.Im not well.He destroyed my life! I have nothing because I fell in love! I never did anything to hurt me.He used me sooo bad and hurt me soo bad.As I am writing this I am crying my eyes out.This cant be happenning to me.I ask God why?

:help:

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am so sorry for your pain. But this has nothing to do with age. Couples the same age suffer abuse and marry people that take their money. Marrying anyone is a risk. I do not care if you have known them most of your life. I married my highschool sweetheart twelve years after we graduated, gave up a great career and he got his secretary pregnant and dumped me within a year. You are the only one who can turn your life around. Do everything you can to get this behind you and look to the future. Much luck to you.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

We american citizens are being abused and accused of false charges and the ones who we think love us and bring here are getting their green cards without us!! Use us and leave us after suffering so much to bring them to the united states because we think they love us!! Immigration does not care and does help us american citizens! We american citizens have no rights? No say so? This is unjustice!! We need to change that law that they get a green card because they are abused!Yes there are alot of immigrants being abused by their spouses when they get here.But what about the citizens being abused by the immigrants!! They have no law for this? I going to tell the world ,and write to Obama! This is not fair!!! :help:

It would be injustice if the US citizen could keep the immigrant spouse in indentured servitude as long as they please and have a say over what should happen to them. What qualification do you possess to decide over someone's case, even your husband's? Being a USC is a birthright not something that qualifies you to make a legal decision. Immigration also has the obligation to protect the rights of those who give up their old life to come here.

In your case, the course of events is sad and unfortunate. I hope you can get it sorted out. After all, though, you cannot blame USCIS for anything. You made that choice and you signed that petition and affidavit of support. Their looking at your issue matter-of-factly seems cruel to you but if you think about it, it is the only possible way to handle such cases. They cannot engage in emotional siding with the parties involved. Your best bet is to collect evidence for the abuse and couch that document in a clear and comprehensible way. For moral support your USCIS office is the wrong place. Collect evidence!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I believe its time for you to get a really good lawyer.

Best advice in this thread! :thumbs:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

• 4 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.