rhenzhen

SLEC Medical Results is only good for 3 months now?

28 posts in this topic

And what about those that never receive an appointment letter? Waiting is NOT advised, IMHO...

:thumbs:

DCF-Manila

10/02/2008 ---- Met

06/04/2010 ---- Married

04/26/2011 ---- Filed I-130

06/03/2011 ---- I-130 approved, notify by e-mail from (DHS/USCIS)

06/13/2011 ---- Received e-mail from Manila IV Correspondence

06/15/2011 ---- Received letter from DHS/USCIS (NOA)

06/28/2011 ---- Sent (fax) the DS-230I & DS-2001

07/05/2011 ---- Schedule for interview date (online)

07/11-12/2011--Medical PASSED

08/01/2011 ---- Interview - (done @9:00am) APPROVED

08/01/2011 ---- CFO (1:30pm)

08/05/2011 ---- VISA IN HAND (4days after interview)

08/12/2011 ---- Flight...

08/12/2011 ---- POE Seattle, WA (arrived @ 8pm)

That's why they highly recommend to wait till you get your appointment letter before you walk-in to your medical exam.

^^^ It's not necessary to wait for your appointment letter. The Embassy gives you six months from the time you pass your medical until you have your interview. Why would you need more than six months?

For Fiancee and Spousal visa's filing for Adjustment of Status in the US, the medical is valid for one year.

^^^ :thumbs:

I learn something new every time here. Do they still do that annoying "civil surgeon" thing once she's here? I haven't looked that far ahead, still concentrating on NOA2.

^^^ Yup. As part of your AOS, you will have to get your DS-3025(?) vaccination record from St. Lukes transcribed onto your I-693(?) by a civil surgeon. Sorry, it's been so long that I'm forgetting the form numbers.

You'll have to call around to find a civil surgeon who knows the drill. Some civil surgeons will want you to have another physical exam or have more vaccinations. However, that's not necessary. You simply need a transcription and nothing more.

Chinook and I found a civil surgeon who would complete the transcription for $30-40. It took about 15 minutes at the civil surgeons office. The civil surgeon transcribes your record, signs it, seals it in an envelope, and hands it back to you.

Don't know. i just checked the instructions for the I-485 earlier, and they just ask for the Vaccination Supplement.

yes its true..the lady told me that after my culture test result on september, by december i should be out of the country or elese my medical will already expire..

^^^ You have nothing to worry about. That lady is talking nonsense. The clock on your medical will start ticking when you finally pass the medical...which includes the TB culture.

I am Confused,on the link "Crusty old perv" gave on the Embassy website it says "Valid for 6 Months", now St. Lukes telling everybody 3 Months?:blink: WTH! :help: Its what the USEM Says!

^^^ St. Lukes does not issue visas.

Check out DavenRoxy's thread. Some people are saying their visa was valid for less than six months. Link.

Chinook's visa was valid for six months from the date of her medical. I wonder why some visas are different.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It doesn't matter what St. Lukes says. The Embassy is the one that matters.

:thumbs:

^^^ It's not necessary to wait for your appointment letter. The Embassy gives you six months from the time you pass your medical until you have your interview. Why would you need more than six months?

^^^ Yup. As part of your AOS, you will have to get your DS-3025(?) vaccination record from St. Lukes transcribed onto your I-693(?) by a civil surgeon. Sorry, it's been so long that I'm forgetting the form numbers.

You'll have to call around to find a civil surgeon who knows the drill. Some civil surgeons will want you to have another physical exam or have more vaccinations. However, that's not necessary. You simply need a transcription and nothing more.

Chinook and I found a civil surgeon who would complete the transcription for $30-40. It took about 15 minutes at the civil surgeons office. The civil surgeon transcribes your record, signs it, seals it in an envelope, and hands it back to you.

^^^ You have nothing to worry about. That lady is talking nonsense. The clock on your medical will start ticking when you finally pass the medical...which includes the TB culture.

^^^ St. Lukes does not issue visas.

You Right about that!

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

So USEM gives you 6 Months from your Medical exam to have your Interview even though NOA2 says expire a certain date????

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: Timeline

So USEM gives you 6 Months from your Medical exam to have your Interview even though NOA2 says expire a certain date????

Do they still do that thing where you must get the visa approved within 4 months after NOA2? 10 years ago, a friend of mine had a horrible incident where he was under the 4 month limit when receiving the visa, but was entering the USA just after the 4 month limit, so his fiancee got deported at the POE.

Well, hopefully it won't be 4 months this time... it seems they have sped up things in the Philippines since then (and slowed them down in the USA... ugh)

Timeline

Do they still do that thing where you must get the visa approved within 4 months after NOA2? 10 years ago, a friend of mine had a horrible incident where he was under the 4 month limit when receiving the visa, but was entering the USA just after the 4 month limit, so his fiancee got deported at the POE.

Well, hopefully it won't be 4 months this time... it seems they have sped up things in the Philippines since then (and slowed them down in the USA... ugh)

What was your friends Fiancees Expiration date on the Visa??????

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: Timeline

What was your friends Fiancees Expiration date on the Visa??????

The visa had not expired, since it had just been a week. But the people at the POE had insisted that visa is not valid if entering after the NOA2 had expired. I hope they still don't do any idiotic stuff like that... remember, it was 10 years ago, so this doesn't mean they are currently doing it (but what do I know).

Timeline

The visa had not expired, since it had just been a week. But the people at the POE had insisted that visa is not valid if entering after the NOA2 had expired. I hope they still don't do any idiotic stuff like that... remember, it was 10 years ago, so this doesn't mean they are currently doing it (but what do I know).

My one question would be .....How they know about the NOA2? maybe from their Comp there at the POE?

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Do they still do that thing where you must get the visa approved within 4 months after NOA2?

The USEM will routinely extend the NOA2 expiration date if you are actively working on your case. Such things as paying the BPI visa fee, having your medical, and setting an interview appointment would likely fall under that category.

You can also contact the USEM and request an extension of your NOA2 cutoff date. It's my understanding that the USEM routinely grants those requests. I believe they will extend it four months at a time.

Timeline

The USEM will routinely extend the NOA2 expiration date if you are actively working on your case. Such things as paying the BPI visa fee, having your medical, and setting an interview appointment would likely fall under that category.

You can also contact the USEM and request an extension of your NOA2 cutoff date. It's my understanding that the USEM routinely grants those requests. I believe they will extend it four months at a time.

Thanks for the Info!:thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Troof... Our NOA2 was around 24 Jan, but due to circumstances, we didn't do interview until 10 Aug, and it wasn't an issue, even though that is almost 3 months past the original 4 months between NOA2 and interview.

However, as pointed out... our visa is being granted with only 5 months on it after the interview date, which is 6 months from the medical date. Which makes NO SENSE, considering you can do the medical, and it's good for 6 months before interview. Hopefully the CO made a mistake, and when our visa arrives, it will be 6 months from interview date, NOT medical.

Timeline

Troof... Our NOA2 was around 24 Jan, but due to circumstances, we didn't do interview until 10 Aug, and it wasn't an issue, even though that is almost 3 months past the original 4 months between NOA2 and interview.

However, as pointed out... our visa is being granted with only 5 months on it after the interview date, which is 6 months from the medical date. Which makes NO SENSE, considering you can do the medical, and it's good for 6 months before interview. Hopefully the CO made a mistake, and when our visa arrives, it will be 6 months from interview date, NOT medical.

Dave your NOA 2 date was Jan 24th, and you didnt do it until August 10th? WOW!:wow: You never thought about contacting the Embassy or Just went on as planned? That is Amazing!! When did you schedule you Guys Interview since NOA2 was jan 24th?:thumbs:

Edited by southcalhog

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.