rhenzhen

SLEC Medical Results is only good for 3 months now?

28 posts in this topic

My wife did a walked-in medical exam on Monday. She got her results yesterday and we're happy that she passed it! However, the doctor told her that the validity of her medical is only up to 3 months!!! I thought the validity of medical is up to 6 months? Was there any changes? Our DS-230 is still in process. We're hoping that our case will get closed within this week...

Edited by rhenzhen

05/08/2010: Married
03/18/2011: I-130 Sent
03/21/2011: NOA1 noticed date
05/27/2011: NOA2 noticed date
06/28/2011: NVC finally received our case!
06/30/2011: Case number received!
07/01/2011: Received DS-3032 from NVC
07/04/2011: Wifey e-mailed DS-3032 form to NVC
07/06/2011: Paid AOS bill
07/09/2011: DS-3032 received/processed by NVC
07/11/2011: IV bill received :
07/22/2011: IV bill paid
07/25/2011: AOS/I-864 packet mailed
07/27/2011: AOS/I-864 packet delivered to NVC
08/02/2011: DS-230 packet mailed to NVC
08/03/2011: DS-230 packet delivered to NVC
08/08/2011: Medical Exam Taken
08/09/2011: Medical Results: PASSED! Yehey!

08/10/2011: Case Completed / Sign In Failed

08/12/2011: Interview date assigned : September 19, 8:30am @ USEM... Yay!
09/19/2011: WIFE'S VISA APPROVED!!!
Thank YOU Lord!
09/23/2011: Wife picked up her VISA..
10/24/2011: POE: J.F.K.-NY

ROC

08/26/2013: i-751 mailed

08/28/2013: i-751 received per USPS tracking...

08/29/2013: NOA receipt date

10/04/2013: Biometrics appointment

My wife did a walked-in medical exam on Monday. She got her results yesterday and we're happy that she passed it! However, the doctor told her that the validity of her medical is only up to 3 months!!! I thought the validity of medical is up to 6 months? Was there any changes? Our DS-230 is still in process. We're hoping that our case will get closed within this week...

last april i do medical in st.lukes too and they told me its valid for 6 months,,well they probably have change now..

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

That's why they highly recommend to wait till you get your appointment letter before you walk-in to your medical exam.

USAR

Oct.8 2009 - arrived in USA (CR1 visa)

Nov. 2009 -- GC for 2 yrs received

Jan. 2010 -- DL issued

May. 2011 --- graduated for my bachelor degree

Sept. 1, 2011 --- Driver License Renewed ( till 2017)

NO removal condition

Citizenship

Oct. 2011-------- Filed N400

Jan. 2012 ------ Biometrics and Interviewed at same time

Jan. 17 2012 ---- Sworn In

That's why they highly recommend to wait till you get your appointment letter before you walk-in to your medical exam.

And what about those that never receive an appointment letter? Waiting is NOT advised, IMHO...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

And what about those that never receive an appointment letter? Waiting is NOT advised, IMHO...

I Agree Dave!:thumbs::thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: Timeline

The best reason not to do it too early is so that you don't have to redo the medical when you file for AOS later. (That being mostly for the K visa.)

For Fiancee and Spousal visa's filing for Adjustment of Status in the US, the medical is valid for one year.

The best reason not to do it too early is so that you don't have to redo the medical when you file for AOS later. (That being mostly for the K visa.)

I learn something new every time here. Do they still do that annoying "civil surgeon" thing once she's here? I haven't looked that far ahead, still concentrating on NOA2.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

our doc said same, and some stuff 30 days.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

I learn something new every time here. Do they still do that annoying "civil surgeon" thing once she's here? I haven't looked that far ahead, still concentrating on NOA2.

Don't know. i just checked the instructions for the I-485 earlier, and they just ask for the Vaccination Supplement.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am Confused,on the link "Crusty old perv" gave on the Embassy website it says "Valid for 6 Months", now St. Lukes telling everybody 3 Months?:blink: WTH! :help: Its what the USEM Says!

Edited by southcalhog

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.