one...two...tree

The facts support raising revenues from the highest-income households

72 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Over the past couple of decades, taxes on people at the very top have fallen dramatically, even as their incomes have soared. Recent IRS data on the nation's top 400 households — whose incomes averaged $270 million in 2008 — show that the average share of their incomes that they paid in federal taxes dropped from 26 percent to 18 percent between 1992 and 2008, while their annual incomes shot up by over 700 percent, after inflation (see chart).

8-3-11tax-f1.jpg

Any further questions?

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Timeline
So do the rich. You want to raise their taxes, raise everyone's taxes.

If you raise the top tax bracket, you raise it for everyone, don't you? Sure, not everyone makes enough money to be affected today but everyone may potentially be affected tomorrow. Unless we're saying that those making less than what it takes to fall into the top bracket will never earn enough to fall into that bracket.

Timeline

With being rich so poor, I certainly do not ever want to be one of them. We should all strive to a life of poverty to get the good life, not paying 'any' taxes. :lol:

Channeling your inner ascetic on a million dollars a year?

IR5

Why do we charge achievers and reward failures?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

The rich should just ante up and become poor if the poor have it so well off.

Have a heart. The rich just lost 15% of their wealth in less than a week. 15% of what you have in invested wouldn't buy a happy meal if you are poor, but to the rich, that's the difference between Monte Carlo and the Hamptons next summer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Why do we charge achievers and reward failures?

"Mr Buffett said that he was taxed at 17.7 per cent on the $46 million he made last year, without trying to avoid paying higher taxes, while his secretary, who earned $60,000, was taxed at 30 per cent. "

See my post on page 1. Top 400 households are making over A QUARTER MILLION BILLION dollars a year...What do they pay? 18% in taxes.

Listen to this guy:

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

And you feel entitled to their money because...?

They took subsidy after subsidy via tax loopholes and shelters, it's not their money, it's the money we let them borrow.

IR5

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Why do people assume that because someone is earning a low income they are failures and those that have lots of money are achievers? Many people that do wonderful professions that really help make the world a better place earn pittance for their trouble. They do not do it for financial gain and do not judge themselves based on how much they earn. Of course I am sure they would rather be better compensated but it is not how they define their lives. On the other side you have someone who has a successful position that was handed to them because daddy was rich or connected and they now earn lots of money making children sew your sneakers together and complains about how much workers in the US get paid for similar work.

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If you raise the top tax bracket, you raise it for everyone, don't you? Sure, not everyone makes enough money to be affected today but everyone may potentially be affected tomorrow. Unless we're saying that those making less than what it takes to fall into the top bracket will never earn enough to fall into that bracket.

Now that's a stretch :lol:

He is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH smarter than you and me!

No, he's not. He's just better connected.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Now that's a stretch

Why? The same tax code applies to everyone, doesn't it? I am subject to the same tax brackets as everyone else. I have to pay at the same marginal rates as everyone else. Granted, I do not derive an income at this point that exposes me to the top bracket. Nor do I have an income small enough that I would not owe any taxes. But the same tax code that applies to me applies to the person making more than I do and the person making less than I do.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

"Mr Buffett said that he was taxed at 17.7 per cent on the $46 million he made last year, without trying to avoid paying higher taxes, while his secretary, who earned $60,000, was taxed at 30 per cent. "

See my post on page 1. Top 400 households are making over A QUARTER MILLION BILLION dollars a year...What do they pay? 18% in taxes.

Listen to this guy:

So you're bashing on someone who's paying $45,000,000 ($45 MILLION) in taxes already?

How much do you pay in taxes? How much do you think you'll make in your lifetime/pay in taxes, etc?

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

I'm no mathematician, but I'm pretty sure Mr. Buffet paid more in taxes than his secretary earned all year. How is that even close to being fair?

Slim. Listen to this guy. He is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH smarter than you and me!

I'm with the gecko on this one. Dude isn't necessarily smarter than any of us.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"