Hiker

4 months so far waiting for NOA2 (VSC)

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I assume this is normal to be at 4 months waiting; is there anything I should be "doing" now, other than sit tight and hope for the best? My fiancee's friend got NOA2 in 3 months (from CSC). We want to start making babies soon (literally) and she's not getting any younger so I don't really like waiting... the odds of success go down quickly as time progresses.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I assume this is normal to be at 4 months waiting; is there anything I should be "doing" now, other than sit tight and hope for the best? My fiancee's friend got NOA2 in 3 months (from CSC). We want to start making babies soon (literally) and she's not getting any younger so I don't really like waiting... the odds of success go down quickly as time progresses.

Like me you don't have any option... but to WAIT!! VSC is not CSC. VSC is a beast of it's kind!

WAIT!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The only thing you can do is wait. CSC was processing applications faster than the VSC a few months ago while I was waiting on my NOA2. You may want to look at timelines and see if there's anything you can expect.

As far as what you can do, you can start making sure you have everything together that's sent in Packet 3 so you can expedite it as soon as you receive it from your consulate.

2010-11-22: I-129F Sent

2010-11-23: I-129F Received

2010-11-29: NOA1

2010-12-29: Touched

2011-03-18: Touched

2011-04-15: NOA2

2011-04-25: NVC Received

2011-05-06: Packet 3 Issued

2011-06-04: Packet 3 Logged/Packet 4 Sent (Delayed as we forgot the DS-160)

2011-08-02: Medical

2011-08-08: Interview - APPROVED

2011-08-12: Visa @ DHL

2011-08-16: POE at Winnipeg International Airport

2011-08-17: Wedding

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Wait is the name of the game from K1 to GC.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

; Normal progressing time is 5 months. If you haven't received your NOA2 by then, start contacting your Congressman/Ombudsman/Senator & USCIS.

After receiving NOA2, it'll take additional 2.5 - 3 months until interview

Good luck :thumbs:

Edited by Channah&Aaron

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I feel yah. I'm sorely depressed right now. We are 5months and 1 day since we received our NOA1. If there's still no NOA2 today, we will call USCIS tonight then if still nothing. we will try to contact the congressman/senator, whoever available. This process is ridiculous but we cannot do anything but to wait til u hit 5mos, and perhaps whine one in awhile....hehe.. So hang in there....Good luck to both of us...

jan

When life gives you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt....:)

Visa Journey

Mar 02 2011 - Sent I-129F package to Dallas Lockbox

Mar 08 2011 - Delivered to Dallas

Mar 11 2011 - Check in cashed..

Mar 12 2011 - Initial Review; Status Last update...

Mar 14 2011 - NOA1 received by email - petition routed to VSC

Aug 10 2011- unexpectedly received mail from NVC saying we are approved

w/ my MNL case # on it.

Aug 11 2011- My approved petition already at USEM :)

Aug 16 2011- Finally, USCIS update our status..

Aug 22-23 2011 - Medical Exam: Passed! yay!

Aug 22 2011 - finally received hardcopy of NOA2 on mail and we were approved since Jul 13, 2011

Sep 02 2011 - Interview date! approved!

Sep 14 2011 - Visa received!

Sep 19 2011 - POE (Guam)

Oct 14 2011 - Wedding Day

Nov 21 2011 - AOS Sent

Nov 25 2011 - AOS Delivered

Nov 30 2011 - NOA1s received by email/

Dec 06 2011 - NOA1s hard copies received dated Nov 30, 2011

Dec 22 2011 - Biometric done

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm in the same boat (as April Filers), every day looking at the igor list.... The approvals are moving at a faster pace, but it is slower then CSC. There are some April Fliers that have been approved (NOA2) this month...so I'll continued to pray and counting the days...... :(

April 02, 2011 10:13AM I-129F Mailed to USCIS Dallas, Texas

April 04, 2011 12:25PM Delivered at USCIS Dallas, TX signed by C.Thornquist

April 08, 2011 12:20AM NOA1 (notification by email)

April 08, 2011 Personal Check USCIS, Credited from account.

April 11, 2011 11:52AM Rec I-797C, Notice of Action by mail. NOA1 Notice Date April 06, 2011

Sept. 23, 2011 Notification of Approval of NOA2 (Text Message)

Jan. 03, 2012 K1 Visa APPROVED (USA EMBASSY MANILA)

March 21, 2012 POE Dallas, Texas

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Mine took almost 6 months to be approved, so there's really nothing better to do other than wait for NOA2 patiently. You can start with a checklist of things for the interview. Maybe some of them require some time to be issued so it's better to read about it as much as possible. Other than that... after getting NOA2, it will be fast. I'm telling you. Don't listen to people telling you how much is it going to take. It depends on your own consulate and I've heard the one in Philippines is pretty fast. NVC could take up to a month, but a total time of 2 months between NOA2 and interview is a max.

P.S.: What I did to distract myself from the waiting was reading books and watching movies. A nice way to spend your free time. :)

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Vermont center for us was right at the 5 month mark. Noa 2 on july 26. What was frustrating is someone here posted a timeline that 129f sent 2 months after ours and was approved 2 weeks before us!! yes, from the vermont center...tsw

"life is a journey"

As far as what you can do, you can start making sure you have everything together that's sent in Packet 3 so you can expedite it as soon as you receive it from your consulate.

We have as much of that as we can (which isn't a lot). We're holding off on getting NBI clearance, CENOMAR, I-134 and all that stuff since I would assume they want only the most current documents brought to the interview. After all, if they are given a 6 month old police clearance, it is technically possible she could have used the last 6 months to become a criminal. So, better to have a 1 month old police clearance.

P.S.: What I did to distract myself from the waiting was reading books and watching movies. A nice way to spend your free time. :)

Yup, that's what I've been doing too... the Kindle really helps me with being diligent about book reading. Plus, I've been house cleaning and tossing out most of the garbage related to the ex-wife, getting it ready so we're not living in a pig pen once she's here. :-)

So, is 5 months the magic amount of time before I should try to do something, not 6 months? I was wondering about that.

Timeline

Yup, that's what I've been doing too... the Kindle really helps me with being diligent about book reading. Plus, I've been house cleaning and tossing out most of the garbage related to the ex-wife, getting it ready so we're not living in a pig pen once she's here. :-)

So, is 5 months the magic amount of time before I should try to do something, not 6 months? I was wondering about that.

Just to be sure, check the processing times on USCIS. "My case status" also tells you about the normal timeframe.

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Just to be sure, check the processing times on USCIS. "My case status" also tells you about the normal timeframe.

It says 5 months, for all the service centers, and doesn't look like it is updated frequently. So, I'm not sure I can trust that information as all that reliable. But, if someone offered me the choice between being assured of 5 months, or take your chances, I'd definitely go for the 5 months.

Timeline

It says 5 months, for all the service centers, and doesn't look like it is updated frequently. So, I'm not sure I can trust that information as all that reliable. But, if someone offered me the choice between being assured of 5 months, or take your chances, I'd definitely go for the 5 months.

If it hasn't been updated, it means it's still 5 months. So... if you reach 5 months(I hope you won't though), call USCIS and then contact your Congressman if nothing happens.

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline

my petition will be 5 months this Sunday (noa1 march 14th) and still no NOA2.....Patientely waiting, i just hope everything goes smoothly after i finally recieve my NOA2.....After this process all set and done, i will surely be allergic to the word "WAITING"....It so stressful wiating for the unknown....Anyway,goodluck to us alll

K-1 mailed March 10

NOA1- March 14th

NOA1-Hardcopy recieved March 18th

NOA2 August 12th

Waiting for NVC to assign case number!..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.