life_is_good

NOA2+Case Number..Sent to Manila...Now What?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings everyone!

My soon to be bride and I are extremely excited! We recently got NOA2:

Embassy: Manila

NOA1: March 25

NOA2: July 25

Forwarded to Manila: Aug 5th

Can someone please tell me what my soon to be bride should do now? What do we need to be doing so that we can have our part done ASAP!

We have a case number from NVC and it has been sent to Manila. Would someone please be kind enough to give us some exact steps or point me in the right direction.

Thanks so much!

Timeline

K-1 Timeline

2-01-2011 > Mailed 129F

02-09-2011 > NOA1 email & SMS notification

02-12-2011 > NOA1 hardcopy received via mail (official date on NOA1 is 02-07-11)

05-17-2011 > NOA2 email & SMS notification (approved in 99 days from NOA1 date)

06-06-2011 > Got MNL case number

06-08-2011 > Paid Visa fee @ BPI bank (scheduled interview appointment online the same day)

06-13 & 14-2011 > 2-day medical exam

07-08-2011 > Received Letter of Eligibility

08-02-2011 > USEM Interview (rescheduled from July 18) - APPROVED!

08-11-2011 > Visa issued (accdg. to USEM email inquiry; 9 days from interview date)

08-15-2011 > 2go site showed Visa is already in transit

08-16-2011 > Visa received! (10 working days from interview date)

08-22-2011 > CFO Seminar

09-02-2011 > POE: SFO

AOS Timeline

10-13-2011 > Obtained marriage license

11-17-2011 > WEDDING

11-18-2011 > Sent AOS packet (with AOS & EAD)

12-01-2011 > Received hard copy NOA 1 for AOS & EAD

12-10-2011 > Received biometrics letter for 12-29

12-29-2011 > Biometrics taken

01-09-2012 > Letter for Request for Initial Interview received scheduled on Feb. 8

01-20-2012 > EAD status - Document/Card production

01-26-2012 > Accdg. to USCIS site: "We mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION."

01-28-2012 > EAD card arrives

02-08-2012 > AOS interview - APPROVED!

02-11-2012 > Welcome Notice received

02-13-2012 > Card production ordered

02-14-2012 > Green card mailed

02-18-2012 > Green card arrives

Here's the Cliff Notes version...

1. Use your MNL case number (from the NVC) and your NOA2 to complete your medical at St. Lukes.

2. Don't wait for the Embassy to send the beneficiary an email telling her that she is eligible to schedule an interview. If you wait for their email, you will waste a lot of time. Instead, you can read the eligibility letter if you click here.

3. It usually takes a while for the U.S. Embassy Manila to receive your physical case file and enter it into their system. You won't be able to schedule your interview until the Embassy enters your case into their system. But go ahead and pay your visa fee at BPI. Then start trying to schedule your interview either online or through the call center. Keep trying every day. As soon as the Embassy has entered your case into their system, you will be able to schedule your interview.

4. Complete the CFO seminar.

5. Complete the interview.

6. After you receive your visa, go to the CFO main office to get the CFO sticker for your passport.

7. Welcome to the States! :star:

Timeline

Wow...lucky you :D Our NOA2 had been approved July 18 and until this time we havent got our mnl case number yet..not complaining tho since there's always is a right time for everything....Congratulations!

Timeline

Here's the Cliff Notes version...

1. Use your MNL case number (from the NVC) and your NOA2 to complete your medical at St. Lukes.

2. Don't wait for the Embassy to send the beneficiary an email telling her that she is eligible to schedule an interview. If you wait for their email, you will waste a lot of time. Instead, you can read the eligibility letter if you click here.

3. It usually takes a while for the U.S. Embassy Manila to receive your physical case file and enter it into their system. You won't be able to schedule your interview until the Embassy enters your case into their system. But go ahead and pay your visa fee at BPI. Then start trying to schedule your interview either online or through the call center. Keep trying every day. As soon as the Embassy has entered your case into their system, you will be able to schedule your interview.

4. Complete the CFO seminar.

5. Complete the interview.

6. After you receive your visa, go to the CFO main office to get the CFO sticker for your passport.

7. Welcome to the States! :star:

Good day, I understand the above mentioned but how do we get the MNL number?

Timeline

You can call or e-mail NVC to get your MNL number. Have your receipt nimber on th NOA-2 and of course beneficiary and petitioner name. It took a couple of weeks for them to have one for us.

mailto:NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

1-603-334-0700

The Dept of State can tell you if your papers have actually been sent or are at the embassy:

This is where you will be able to find out if your case was received at the Embassy/Consulate. They will not see your case in their system until the NVC has logged it in and applied a case number to it.

1-202-663-1225

You can call the NVC, or the petitioner can wait for it in the mail.

Once you obtain your manila case #, you don't make an appointment for SLEC to do your medical. you can just walk in. You can however fill out the registration online for SLEC. It will save you about 30 minutes because they will make you fill it out when you get there. I heard mid week is best time for medical.

You can pay the visa fee through BPI once you have manila case #. Wait til the next day and schedule your interview online. You do not have to wait for the eligibility letter. Otherwise, you will be waiting for awhile. The email you receive from NVC w/ your manila case # is fine. When you are scheduling online, you'll need manila case #, passport info, and the receipt # from BPI.

Get your fiance to do her NBI clearance now. But, if she is in manila, she can go the the NBI outlet branches at the SM mall and she'll have it the same day if no hits on her name. See links below!

You'll need to gather your supporting documents to prove on going relationship, the affidavit of support or I-134, tax transcripts for 08, 09, 10, letter of employment, pay stubs, updated letter of intent to marry. Send it to her once you have all of it. Better yet, go there and hand carry the documents and be with her at the interview.

Link of what essentially what the packet 3 is: http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

Here is the website to schedule online for interview: http://cgifederal.force.com/

Link to SLEC: http://www.slec.ph/u...ml#clinic-hours

Good luck on the rest your journey!

Edited by dindo and patty

Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens meGC Received: 02/04/2012

Useful Links for K-1 Visa Petition for USEM Philippines:

Packet 3 for K-1: http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

St Luke's Website: http://www.slec.ph/u...ml#clinic-hours

Link to Schedule Interview: http://cgifederal.force.com/

CFO Website for Seminar: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Povery Guideline: http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

Website to Download DS 156, 156K, & 157: http://travel.state....forms_1342.html

Timeline

can we use the E-mail noa2 and our manila # they gave us over the phone for the physical? or should I scan the actual noa2 they sent me in the mail? another question if we get or physical done before the interview is scheduled, will there be a problem matching them up at the time of the actual interview? has anybody had problems getting there physical done before scheduling interview ?

Thanks Jay

can we use the E-mail noa2 and our manila # they gave us over the phone for the physical? or should I scan the actual noa2 they sent me in the mail? another question if we get or physical done before the interview is scheduled, will there be a problem matching them up at the time of the actual interview? has anybody had problems getting there physical done before scheduling interview ?

Thanks Jay

Give her both NOA2 documents and the MNL case number. That should be fine.

There won't be any problems with matching the medical and the interview.

Good luck!!! :star:

Timeline

Thanks for all the well wishes!

It seems like it was wait...wait...wait...wait...not it's hurry...hurry...hurry.

So if I understand correctly Here's what I can do NOW:

Pay BPI

Have her get her docs in order

Schedule the Interview

Get the medical done

Is that it?

And we can do all of this without her even receiving the information from the embassy yet? Since I already have the case number.

Is there anything else?

The case was forwarded to Manila on August 5th...any ideas how long until she has Visa in hand?

Thanks for all of your help and encouragement everyone! This is an awesome journey! And this website is such an amazing resource!

Thanks again so much!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, also your fiancee can now (or anytime) complete the required CFO seminar. [Later, after visa receipt, beneficiary will get CFO passport sticker.] For basic CFO info and documentary requirements see following page:

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

Edited by RK_and_Inday

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.