Ban Hammer

Tough Immigration Controls Save Denmark $10 Billion in 10 Years

123 posts in this topic

Yes, please help me out, what are the similarities of german and dutch culture? Other than we celebrate easter and christmas..and even those holidays have very different traditions in those cultures.

You are going to bite your teeth out on this one, don't even try...LOL

With the exception of southern Germany, both are Protestant. Other than the fact the Germans got a dose of Hun in them, both come from the same Germanic tribes. Angles, Saxon, Frisians, Franks, Alemmeni, Burgundians, Jutes, etc.. Both use the Germanic alphabet.

If your German, learn your history.

Both believe in a one wife mariage, both believe in the equality of man and woman. Both are a progressive culture that puts secular ahead of religion. Both believe in the law of the state first, and not the law of the religion/church. There was a time when northwest Germany was a part of the Friesland, and there was a time when Shleswig - Holestien was a part of Denmark. I'm surprised you don't know more about this.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Other Timeline

I am really torn between being envious of the sucess and disgusted by the discrimination against third world immigrants.

The U.S. is special and has a unique place in the whole wide world. It was founded as the New World, a place where people from everywhere would find a new home, no matter where they are from, as long as they obey by the rules.

That's not the case for European countries. My wife, who is so liberal that you would break out in tears, is the first to tell you that she wants to experience the British countryside like she's seen on TV. She wants to see Scandinavia, France, Italy, and even the pyramids in Egypt.

Everyone of these countries has a unique identity that differs so much. I don't want to see Bavarians in Lederhosen when I visit Morocco, and I don't want to see mosques and burquas when being in France. Unfortunately, we will have to, which means those countries' identities have been diluted. The multi-cultural society project is doomed to fail when the natives feel as strangers in their own country.

It's a fact of life that we all like to live among ourselves. This "discrimination" starts on the most basic level, age. Grandma who's forced to live in an apartment building wants to live with other old folks, not the punker, and not the rapper who listen to that annoying music all day. College age kids want to party and don't want to live with that Indian family that cooks those weird meals that smell through the skies. And the heavy metal dude absolutely hates having to listen to Mexican music all day, as I do as well. If that's discrimination, it's a natural thing, literally, as you'll also find it in the animal kingdom. It's not helpful to always attach the negative stigma to something that is natural as life itself.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

The U.S. is special and has a unique place in the whole wide world. It was founded as the New World, a place where people from everywhere would find a new home, no matter where they are from, as long as they obey by the rules.

That's not the case for European countries. My wife, who is so liberal that you would break out in tears, is the first to tell you that she wants to experience the British countryside like she's seen on TV. She wants to see Scandinavia, France, Italy, and even the pyramids in Egypt.

Everyone of these countries has a unique identity that differs so much. I don't want to see Bavarians in Lederhosen when I visit Morocco, and I don't want to see mosques and burquas when being in France. Unfortunately, we will have to, which means those countries' identities have been diluted. The multi-cultural society project is doomed to fail when the natives feel as strangers in their own country.

It's a fact of life that we all like to live among ourselves. This "discrimination" starts on the most basic level, age. Grandma who's forced to live in an apartment building wants to live with other old folks, not the punker, and not the rapper who listen to that annoying music all day. College age kids want to party and don't want to live with that Indian family that cooks those weird meals that smell through the skies. And the heavy metal dude absolutely hates having to listen to Mexican music all day, as I do as well. If that's discrimination, it's a natural thing, literally, as you'll also find it in the animal kingdom. It's not helpful to always attach the negative stigma to something that is natural as life itself.

To add on to that, I believe it affects the smaller countries more. Take a look at the Baltic countries and you can see the impact the Russians had on their culture with the deportations of the Baltic peoples, and the mass immigration of Russian peoples. The Baltics still haven't recovered from it, and it's having an adverse effect on their language, lifestyle/culture.

I don't believe it's being prejudice, I believe it's being realistic.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

With the exception of southern Germany, both are Protestant. Other than the fact the Germans got a dose of Hun in them, both come from the same Germanic tribes. Angles, Saxon, Frisians, Franks, Alemmeni, Burgundians, Jutes, etc.. Both use the Germanic alphabet.

If your German, learn your history.

Both believe in a one wife mariage, both believe in the equality of man and woman. Both are a progressive culture that puts secular ahead of religion. Both believe in the law of the state first, and not the law of the religion/church. There was a time when northwest Germany was a part of the Friesland, and there was a time when Shleswig - Holestien was a part of Denmark. I'm surprised you don't know more about this.

Don't jump to assumptions about what I know or don't know just because I am not advertising my wisdom like you do.

And I haven't asked for your opinion on my opinion in the first place but thanks for the history lesson, like I don't know about where I am coming from.

I will just ignore your belittling posts from now on.

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Don't jump to assumptions about what I know or don't know just because I am not advertising my wisdom like you do.

And I haven't asked for your opinion on my opinion in the first place but thanks for the history lesson, like I don't know about where I am coming from.

I never meant to belittle you and I don't believe I did. If you take that post of mine as such, I apologize. It was never meant to be or sound arrogant and/or belittling.

But if you ever want some information on German history or Western European history, languages, etc... feel free to PM me ask me on here, or PM me. I don't mind volunteering my time and knowledge to help others. :)

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I see your point and I can agree to most of what you said. I am all for preserving a countries culture, traditions, way of living,...I can see how mixing with other cultures, backgrounds,..can be irritating and can have negative impacts on a country.

I didn't know what to make out of that japanes yodler in Germany years ago (is that guy still around?).

My point was, and I stick to it, Denmarks immigration laws are a lot about money...and I am pretty sure this is not only western europeans who wouldn't "mess up" danish culture so much...it's about who brings money into the country, contributes without causing problems.

Believe me, I just lived in Germany for three years, I see the problems that immigrants from poorer countries bring, but what Denmark does, is discriminating...TO ME.

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Yes, please help me out, what are the similarities of german and dutch culture? Other than we celebrate easter and christmas..and even those holidays have very different traditions in those cultures.

You are going to bite your teeth out on this one, don't even try...LOL

:wacko:

sigbet.jpg

Europeans alone get along so well that they brought us World War I and World War II.

Europeans can be very tribal in nature. Not so much with Western Europe now, but it still lingers hard in Central and Eastern Europe. Hard bitter memory's that some of them can't / won't forget.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Have a heart. The rich just lost 15% of their wealth in less than a week. 15% of what you have in invested wouldn't buy a happy meal if you are poor, but to the rich, that's the difference between Monte Carlo and the Hamptons next summer.

Have a heart. The rich just lost 15% of their wealth in less than a week. 15% of what you have in invested wouldn't buy a happy meal if you are poor, but to the rich, that's the difference between Monte Carlo and the Hamptons next summer.

:lol::thumbs:

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Europeans can be very tribal in nature. Not so much with Western Europe now, but it still lingers hard in Central and Eastern Europe. Hard bitter memory's that some of them can't / won't forget.

Ahh, it's mostly western Europeans who are complaining about how their tribes are being infiltrated by "outsiders" and it's western Europeans who are becoming more nationalistic (read tribalistic).

Ahh, it's mostly western Europeans who are complaining about how their tribes are being infiltrated by "outsiders" and it's western Europeans who are becoming more nationalistic (read tribalistic).

For a few factors.

First off how often do you see Eastern and Central Europe in the press compared to Western Europe?

Another factor is Central and Eastern European country's have little if any Muslims.

Now take in the fact that tribal is human nature. To preserve ones identity ...that includes language, religion, culture..etc...

So when you have small nations like Denmark...a nation two thirds the size of West Virginia, a nation deep in culture and those people see something completely opposite of them trying to influence their culture with another culture of their own...well then you have problems.

It's pretty much a fact that European culture and Eastern/Muslim culture are going in opposite directions, and that they never had much if anything in common to begin with. It's another fact that Muslim immigrants are not only choosing to immigrate to the West...legally and illegally, it's also a fact that these immigrants are starting sh*t with the homogeneous peoples already living there for century's.

Now if Iv'e made any kind of mistake, or untruthful comment in this post, please be sure and let me know...backed up with facts of course.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I would have more empathy for White European outrage if:

a) Europeans didn't have a history of sh!tting in the backyards of the regions where their "invaders" are coming from, and

b) Folks who support preserving the indigenous people and cultures of Europe also felt the same way toward the indigenous people and cultures in Palestine instead of supporting Israel's oppression of them.