carolineden11

My Appendix burst less than a week before my interview

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So I'm now on health problem #3, which is weird considering I've always been healthy and I'm only 24. Anyway, last Wednesday my appendix burst and I had surgery on Thursday to remove my appendix. I was released from the hospital last night and I'm now on my way to Montreal because my visa interview is Wednesday morning. I'm feeling alright but definitely far from 100%. I still need to walk really slow and I'm taking medications that make my mind foggy. Anyway, my question is regarding whether or not I should mention what happened at my visa interview. On one hand, I don't want them to think anything is wrong with me medically and deny my visa because my appendix burst. On the other hand, I can't think clearly and I don't want them to deny me because I am acting strange. I brought my discharge papers with me from the hospital so that they will know what happened if I am asked. Also, I should note that I already had my medical exam in June and passed so I'm only doing the actual visa interview and not the medical interview. If anyone could give me advice it would really be appreciated. Thank you very much!

On one hand, I don't want them to think anything is wrong with me medically and deny my visa because my appendix burst.

You only had one appendix, and it's gone now. Don't think you're going to have that problem again. Feel free to mention it.

Care,

Bill

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Are you serious? wholy #######! when is your bad luck going to run out..

My mom always maintains it happens in 3s so hopefully this is the LAST thing!

I would mention it specially since you have paperwork saying so etc. If anything they may forgive your groggy state and it would help you in the long run.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

I see no harm in mentioning - an appendix rupturing is not teh end of the world, it's a one time event and is not indicative of poor health - can happen to anyone :) Unfortunately it was you...hope all goes well.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to hear about that caroline :( Maybe you'll have some good luck now to balance things out, eh? Sending some good vibes your way!

The doors for the consulate open at 7:30. People start lining up early (like 6am) so if you go later you'll have to wait (I haven't actually had an interview yet, this is just my impression) but presumably you won't be standing around for 1.5 hrs like the early birds if you get there when the doors open. You'll have to wait longer inside the consulate but at least you'll get to sit.

Edited by pocheros

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the info. I actually booked a wheelchair through the hotel so I can bring that to the Consulate while we're waiting outside. I already paid the fee for the interview online but I'm wondering if there are any other fees I will need to pay tomorrow morning? For example, where do you pay the fee to have the visa sent to your house rather than through DHL? Is that online too? I assume they aren't using the expresspost envelopes anymore, correct?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Once you are approved, you will wait X days for them to process your visa.

Once the visa is processed you get an e-mail from DHL itself saying it was picked up.

In this e-mail it has a link to sign up for the delivery to your door, (with an added fee).

You must register with DHL prior to having your interview by following the steps online.

Did you do this already and select your local office? if not do it!

Timeline

Thanks bigbigblake! I already signed up for DHL and I found the website with the instructions to sign up for the delivery to your house. Besides that, are there any other costs? I already paid the $350 fee online.

Unless you want food/coffee from the vending machine while you are waiting no theres no other costs.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

So I'm now on health problem #3, which is weird considering I've always been healthy and I'm only 24. Anyway, last Wednesday my appendix burst and I had surgery on Thursday to remove my appendix. I was released from the hospital last night and I'm now on my way to Montreal because my visa interview is Wednesday morning. I'm feeling alright but definitely far from 100%. I still need to walk really slow and I'm taking medications that make my mind foggy. Anyway, my question is regarding whether or not I should mention what happened at my visa interview. On one hand, I don't want them to think anything is wrong with me medically and deny my visa because my appendix burst. On the other hand, I can't think clearly and I don't want them to deny me because I am acting strange. I brought my discharge papers with me from the hospital so that they will know what happened if I am asked. Also, I should note that I already had my medical exam in June and passed so I'm only doing the actual visa interview and not the medical interview. If anyone could give me advice it would really be appreciated. Thank you very much!

OK to mention, no more bad luck. Have a good interview.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

Well there were a lot of stairs and it was painful but I got my visa approved today. I never even really had the chance to tell them about my appendix.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Well there were a lot of stairs and it was painful but I got my visa approved today. I never even really had the chance to tell them about my appendix.

Congrats! I'm so glad things went well for you, other then the stairs.

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.