gingersnap.ny

Application Rejected But...

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello VJers:

I was notified at an InfoPass appointment that my I-751 Removal of Conditions application was rejected and no reason is stated in the computer system. However, my check was cashed and I have completed my biometrics about 3 weeks ago.

Since I have never received any notice of receipt of my application nor approval/ rejection notice so far, the InfoPass officer gave me an extension stamp on my passport anyways so I can travel while awaiting further notice/ the 10-year green card.

The officer also said I will receive a notice letter soon but did not specify what kind of letter and what actions may be called for from me and/ or my husband.

My question is - has anyone experienced any similar scenario before? And if so, how did it turn out?

Any sharing, inputs and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance!

Gingersnap

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You need to fill your time line and give us more informations about your case so we can help

Hello VJers:

I was notified at an InfoPass appointment that my I-751 Removal of Conditions application was rejected and no reason is stated in the computer system. However, my check was cashed and I have completed my biometrics about 3 weeks ago.

Since I have never received any notice of receipt of my application nor approval/ rejection notice so far, the InfoPass officer gave me an extension stamp on my passport anyways so I can travel while awaiting further notice/ the 10-year green card.

The officer also said I will receive a notice letter soon but did not specify what kind of letter and what actions may be called for from me and/ or my husband.

My question is - has anyone experienced any similar scenario before? And if so, how did it turn out?

Any sharing, inputs and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance!

Gingersnap

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Thanks, no_where_man. Here is my timeline:

06/14/11 - Mailed I-751 application

06/17/11 - USCIS received application

06/18/11 - 2-year green card expired

06/22/11 - Check was cashed

06/24/11 - ASC Appointment Notice (for Biometrics) sent

07/12/11 - Biometrics completed

08/08/11 - InfoPass Appointment & Passport Stamped (for I-551, one year extension) - and I was told the application was rejected for unknown reasons.

The USCIS case status website does not indicate the rejection and the customer service hotline representatives said they do not see any rejection message though.

You need to fill your time line and give us more informations about your case so we can help

Edited by gingersnap.ny

Timeline

Looking to your time

It seems to me you didnt have NOA1, and that why you went to get your passport stamped

What I would do that I would call USCIS and ask to talk to a supervisor about your case, he/she might let you know exactly what happened in your case and take action upon

It can be rejected for many reasons

in this stage the reasons are limited though, like forgetting to sign the I751 form, not enclosing the minimum requirements, or they got it outside the frame time, so its so important to have a prove they got your application on time and to make sure all was ready and set the right way per they guide lines

it wont hurt to tell us more about your case , like is its joint or no, what you included. etc

Thanks, no_where_man. Here is my timeline:

06/14/11 - Mailed I-751 application

06/17/11 - USCIS received application

06/18/11 - 2-year green card expired

06/22/11 - Check was cashed

06/24/11 - ASC Appointment Notice (for Biometrics) sent

07/12/11 - Biometrics completed

08/08/11 - InfoPass Appointment & Passport Stamped (for I-551, one year extension) - and I was told the application was rejected for unknown reasons.

Edited by no_where_man

I called the USCIS hotline after my InfoPass. The case was escalated (did not know to whom but the person who came to the phone said there is no rejection message in the system and she instructed me to wait for further notice).

Regarding the timeframe, I understand I mailed the application in the last minute but USCIS received it one day before my 2-year green card expired so this should not cause the rejection.

We filed jointly. Still happily married.

It is the uncertainties that stress me out.

Looking to your time

It seems to me you didnt have NOA1, and that why you went to get your passport stamped

What I would do that I would call USCIS and ask to talk to a supervisor about your case, he/she might let you know exactly what happened in your case and take action upon

It can be rejected for many reasons

in this stage the reasons are limited though, like forgetting to sign the I751 form, not enclosing the minimum requirements, or they got it outside the frame time, so its so important to have a prove they got your application on time and to make sure all was ready and set the right way per they guide lines

it wont hurt to tell us more about your case , like is its joint or no, what you included. etc

Edited by gingersnap.ny

Timeline

I understand

If you already called and you been told there is no rejection, then nothing to worry about, just wait for their letter to you( most likely an RFE ) no more.

Just to be more comfortable, give them another call and get it escelated and you will get another person taking a look at your case

If confirmed no rejection, then again nothing to worry about

Good Luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.