sheepp

Medical Exam

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I´d like to know what is the medical exam about, I have checked t in the travel state page but it just lists the vaccinations they ask for, I´d like to know about the medical exam especificaly, Thanks!

TdATm5.png

*07-12-2011 --- Package sent :)

*07-13-2011 --- NOA1 , Vermont!

*07-20-2011 --- Touched.

*10-14-2011 --- NOA2!!! Yeeeeeeee!!!!

*10-19-2011 --- Hardcopy of NOA2 :)!!

*10-24-2011 --- NVC Received (no case number assigned yet)

*10-26-2011 --- NVC case number assigned :)

*10-28-2011 --- NVC sent to the embassy :)

*10-31-2011 --- Embassy receives package!!! :)

*12-05-2011 --- Medical! _____DONE AND PASSED!!! :)

*12-19-2011 --- Interview!!! :)!! APPROVED!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

*12-29-2011 --- Visa in hand! :D

*12-30-2011 --- POE Newark!! Finally with mi amor!

*02-24-2012 --- We got married! :) [/color][/font][/font]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I'd actually like to know a little more as well.. but I think the vaccines are the major focus of it.. my fiance is just starting to go through this step now, his medical is scheduled for Aug 22nd. They had him go to his regular MD beforehand to get some blood work to find out what he is already immune to, and has to get other vaccines as well.. Hepatitis B etc. I THINK that other than that, its just like a regular physical.. and making sure you dont have any communicable diseases.

Jenn

s-event.png

Timeline

I´d like to know what is the medical exam about, I have checked t in the travel state page but it just lists the vaccinations they ask for, I´d like to know about the medical exam especificaly, Thanks!

In Peru, it is pretty simple. A few vaccinations (like two or three shots that have multiple vaccines in it), a TB test, standard physical and the doctor will ask some questions about your health and confirm answers that were written on the forms provided by the embassy.

Some people, including myself, have written Peru medical exam reviews on the U.S. Embassy/Peru review section of VJ so check those out :star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Standard physical checkup, eye test (if you wear glasses, bring them), a lot of questions about your medical history. If you're female, expect an external gynecological and breast exams as well.

12/23/2010 - filed

05/02/2011 - petition approved

07/19/2011 - interview (approved!!!!!)

08/16/2011 - POE Houston TX

09/19/2011 - married!

Timeline

In Peru, it is pretty simple. A few vaccinations (like two or three shots that have multiple vaccines in it), a TB test, standard physical and the doctor will ask some questions about your health and confirm answers that were written on the forms provided by the embassy.

Some people, including myself, have written Peru medical exam reviews on the U.S. Embassy/Peru review section of VJ so check those out :star:

Oh, also some standard blood work - mainly to test for syphilis, I think

Timeline

If you're female, expect an external gynecological and breast exams as well.

No such thing on Peruvian Medical, just a standard checkup. You don't even need to take your clothes. If I were you I'll choose Dr. Corigliano

Best wishes

10-24-2012: AOS, EAD, AP Sent

11-04-2012: NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP

11-06-2012: Biometrics App Letter

11-16-2012: My baby boy was born

11-19-2012: Biometrics Appointment

12-29-2012: AP Approved

01-04-2013: EAD Approved

01-10-2013: Combo Card Arrived

ceE0m5.png iZBZm5.png

O8N4m5.png Zn0gm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

No such thing on Peruvian Medical, just a standard checkup. You don't even need to take your clothes. If I were you I'll choose Dr. Corigliano

Best wishes

Lucky you. Mine was pretty awkward because I didn't know it was going to happen so I was wearing my cheap cotton panties. There were holes in them. :(

12/23/2010 - filed

05/02/2011 - petition approved

07/19/2011 - interview (approved!!!!!)

08/16/2011 - POE Houston TX

09/19/2011 - married!

This is what happened at my medical, done at Altone Medical Centre, Perth, Australia.

First of all the nurse takes a urine sample for drugs and the likes.

Then they do an eye test.

Ask you a whole bunch of questions about your health and lifestyle (do you smoke, do you drink, are you sick, do you have pain, do you have medical history or with your family)

Next the doctor does a physical, I had to strip down to my underwear, they get you to bend over, they touch pressure points and the likes to ensure you don't have any problems.

Next the doctor goes through all of your paperwork, and asks if you for your immunisation history (don't worry at all if you don't have any, they just do them all there and well if just costs a bit more).

After that is done, I went and got my immunisations (I had I think 5 jabs).

Then you go to pathology and they take just a small amount of blood, I guess this is to check for different things.

After that I had to drive to the X-Ray centre to get my chest X-Ray, that's quick and easy, only one photo is taken.

I waited for the films, and then headed back to the medical centre and dropped it all off.

That was about it from what I can remember, basically the purpose of the medical (as the doctor told me) was to make sure your fit and healthy enough to work, and that you're not likely to become a public charge, that's it. Sure the physical is a little uncomfortable but it's over pretty quick!

Also, make sure you take with you US size photos, not in my case Australian (and I believe European, same thing) ones, as they are not accepted!

The whole process took about 3 hours, but I was driving for about 45-50 minutes, and waiting for about 30 minutes on top of that!

They told me the results would take about a week, but mine was done in two days.

Good luck to you!

Gray

Edited by GrayL

___________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Gray and I'm originally from Perth, Western Australia, my wife Bry is from Montana.
We met in June 2010, got engaged in November 2010, and married in January 2012!
We are now living together in Montana.

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

07/04/2015: Applicable for Naturalization

For my full K-1/AOS/AP/EA/ROC process see my timeline here: http://goo.gl/AyNVBd
Check out my Flickr Page here: http://goo.gl/Yx4THU

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Probably to find out if you don't have contagious diseases that you may carry to the states. lol and to protect you as well as a future resident of the US.

tumblr_m24igfpWr01rtrvwyo1_r1_250.jpg

Click image to view my blog!

AOS Timeline

11/1/11 - AOS package Delivered

11/7/11 - NOA Received in the mail

11/12/11 - Biometrics Appointment received

11/28/11 - Case transferred to CSC

12/7/11 - Biometrics done

1/2/12 - EAD and AP approved (Card production)

1/11/12 - EAD/AP Card received

1/20/12 - Got Driver's License!

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

Timeline

Dante & Geor, I'm glad to hear your exam was easy, and nothing embarrassing in the physical exam. My fiance will soon be going for her medical exam in Lima as well. So we are very interested in what other females had to go through in there exams in Peru.

If there are any recent Peruvian experiences on what was involved in their exams (for example if they conducted breast or gynecological exams), we would be grateful if you would let us know so she can prepare. You can send us a private message if you like.

Thank you

Timeline

Thanks for all the answers!! :)

TdATm5.png

*07-20-2011 --- Touched.

Timeline

Dante & Geor, I'm glad to hear your exam was easy, and nothing embarrassing in the physical exam. My fiance will soon be going for her medical exam in Lima as well. So we are very interested in what other females had to go through in there exams in Peru.

If there are any recent Peruvian experiences on what was involved in their exams (for example if they conducted breast or gynecological exams), we would be grateful if you would let us know so she can prepare. You can send us a private message if you like.

Thank you

Hi already sent you a PM

10-24-2012: AOS, EAD, AP Sent

11-04-2012: NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP

11-06-2012: Biometrics App Letter

11-16-2012: My baby boy was born

11-19-2012: Biometrics Appointment

12-29-2012: AP Approved

01-04-2013: EAD Approved

01-10-2013: Combo Card Arrived

ceE0m5.png iZBZm5.png

O8N4m5.png Zn0gm5.png

Filed: Country: New Zealand
Timeline

This is what happened at my medical, done at Altone Medical Centre, Perth, Australia.

First of all the nurse takes a urine sample for drugs and the likes.

Then they do an eye test.

Ask you a whole bunch of questions about your health and lifestyle (do you smoke, do you drink, are you sick, do you have pain, do you have medical history or with your family)

Next the doctor does a physical, I had to strip down to my underwear, they get you to bend over, they touch pressure points and the likes to ensure you don't have any problems.

Next the doctor goes through all of your paperwork, and asks if you for your immunisation history (don't worry at all if you don't have any, they just do them all there and well if just costs a bit more).

After that is done, I went and got my immunisations (I had I think 5 jabs).

Then you go to pathology and they take just a small amount of blood, I guess this is to check for different things.

After that I had to drive to the X-Ray centre to get my chest X-Ray

Mine was exactly like that except I had to have a full gynaecalogical / breast exam as someone else already mentioned above :)

It's a little awkward but they're nice about it and just doing thier job and its all over nice and quick.

Best of luck :)

Timeline

Hi already sent you a PM

Hi! please could you tell be about that too?? Thank u very much!

TdATm5.png

*07-20-2011 --- Touched.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.