lostinblue

A Failed Presidency

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

0:57 Slavery ?? :blink: :blink: They're promoting SLAVERY as an American '** yeah!' value :blink: :blink: Uh, ok.

You just know the sheep here hate this song as much as their messiah does.mad.gif

I love this song!! What's not to love? It's Neil Diamond. It's got a great catchy rhythm and chorus. It's about America. It's about immigrants coming from all over the world to pursue the American dream. And it's about a Jewish cantor's son breaking out and doing his own thing, finding his own American dream. Rock on! :thumbs:

I can tell many here would spit on this flag

Spit on the flag??? :o Never! :angry:

The flag is a symbol of the country that I love. I would never disrespect it.

The song you chose to highlight the flag.... it's good, but I prefer this one much more:

Bring our troops home you sorry excuse for a president NOW. How many times does a fine woman like my sister has to go to war....again and again?

Txn, you have every reason to be proud of your sister's service. I am sure that she serves her nation with honor and pride, and I hope that she comes home swiftly and safely. I wish that for all our servicemen and servicewomen. In all branches of our military. In all engagements around the world.

Txn, we are Americans. We are proud of our country. We love our country. We are Democrats. We are Republicans. We are liberals, conservatives. We are Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Jains, Sikhs, atheists, wiccans. We are men, women, straight, gay, bi. We build this country, we work, we raise families, we vote, we debate, we pay taxes, we volunteer, we donate to worthy causes, we worship, we tend to our environment. We don't always agree, but we are all one nation, one community. None of us is a better American, a more loyal American because of our politics or ideology. None of us has blood that bleeds more red, white, or blue. I respect your patriotism and love of this country. Why do you insist, time after time, on insulting and humiliating and denying the patriotism or love of country of those with whom you have political differences? Stand down, I say. There's an enemy out there, for sure. But it's not the Democratic Party, or Democrats, or the Democratic President of the United States.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Please come back to us sis. I love you. One day we will have a president that cares.....hopefully.

That's another issue, most of us want the troops home. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: We don't need another Asian quagmire, let's let Saigons be bygones.

0:57 Slavery ?? :blink: :blink: They're promoting SLAVERY as an American '** yeah!' value :blink: :blink: Uh, ok.

I love this song!! What's not to love? It's Neil Diamond. It's got a great catchy rhythm and chorus. It's about America. It's about immigrants coming from all over the world to pursue the American dream. And it's about a Jewish cantor's son breaking out and doing his own thing, finding his own American dream. Rock on! :thumbs:

Spit on the flag??? :o Never! :angry:

The flag is a symbol of the country that I love. I would never disrespect it.

The song you chose to highlight the flag.... it's good, but I prefer this one much more:

Txn, you have every reason to be proud of your sister's service. I am sure that she serves her nation with honor and pride, and I hope that she comes home swiftly and safely. I wish that for all our servicemen and servicewomen. In all branches of our military. In all engagements around the world.

Txn, we are Americans. We are proud of our country. We love our country. We are Democrats. We are Republicans. We are liberals, conservatives. We are Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Jains, Sikhs, atheists, wiccans. We are men, women, straight, gay, bi. We build this country, we work, we raise families, we vote, we debate, we pay taxes, we volunteer, we donate to worthy causes, we worship, we tend to our environment. We don't always agree, but we are all one nation, one community. None of us is a better American, a more loyal American because of our politics or ideology. None of us has blood that bleeds more red, white, or blue. I respect your patriotism and love of this country. Why do you insist, time after time, on insulting and humiliating and denying the patriotism or love of country of those with whom you have political differences? Stand down, I say. There's an enemy out there, for sure. But it's not the Democratic Party, or Democrats, or the Democratic President of the United States.

Bravo, Sir, Bravo! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This is flat, factually, wrong.

During the massive deficit spending on New Deal programs from 1933-1936, employment was actually increasing, GDP was growing.

It was the sudden cutback in spending in 1937 that led to a sharp reversal, loss of confidence by consumers and employers, and deepened the Depression.

Wait a minute..... don't make me pull the numbers back up but the success you speak of never brought unemployment down below double-digit numbers..... until we actually got in the war as a supplier and participant.

(1940 I think).

Thats a span of nearly 2 full terms in office with double digit unemployment.

If you have an example of success you wil have to do better than that in my book.

:P

Not that I am wholeheartedly against some forms of stimulus but...

This is where Obamer really blew it.... in fact he deceived the average person with all this talk of "shovel ready jobs".

I even went along with it half heartedly believing we would be undertaking some serious construction / infrastructure projects that were long overdue anyway..... I'm still waiting and the money is gone.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Wait a minute..... don't make me pull the numbers back up but the success you speak of never brought unemployment down below double-digit numbers..... until we actually got in the war as a supplier and participant.

(1940 I think).

Thats a span of nearly 2 full terms in office with double digit unemployment.

If you have an example of success you wil have to do better than that in my book.

:P

Not that I am wholeheartedly against some forms of stimulus but...

This is where Obamer really blew it.... in fact he deceived the average person with all this talk of "shovel ready jobs".

I even went along with it half heartedly believing we would be undertaking some serious construction / infrastructure projects that were long overdue anyway..... I'm still waiting and the money is gone.

Not quite but I agree that infrastructure needs work.

My link

The commonly-accepted unemployment figures for the Great Depression are overstated.

Specifically, government workers were counted as unemployed by Stanley Lebergott (the BLS economist who put together the most widely used numbers) ... even though gainfully employed and receiving a pay check.

If we're trying to compare current unemployment figures with the Great Depression, the calculations of economists such as Michael Darby are more accurate.

Here is a comparison of Lebergott and Darby's unemployment figures:

Year Lebergott Darby

1929 3.2% 3.2%

1930 8.7% 8.7%

1931 15.9% 15.3%

1932 23.6% 22.9%

1933 24.9% 20.6%

1934 21.7% 16.0%

1935 20.1% 14.2%

1936 16.9% 9.9%

1937 14.3% 9.1%

1938 19.0% 12.5%

1939 17.2% 11.3%

1940 14.6% 9.5%

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif