Cecille Llagas

NO IDEA, CONFUSED AND BADLY NEEDS HELP

3 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My PD is SEPT 2005 the only letter i received from the embasy was a receipt notice... My mother told me it will take 8-10 yrs for my petition to be lift and theres also retrogression so it might be longer.. I have 2 kids and untill now they are illegitimate but is using the surnmae of their father... Dont know what to do .. My friend told me to read and join some forums ...i might encounter the same problem...One thing more is , would there be a difference in the speed of processing if my mother will file citizenship or there would be a problem if she changes her status....Can somebody help send me the step by step procedure so i would know which step am i now... Thank you in advance....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

My PD is SEPT 2005 the only letter i received from the embasy was a receipt notice... My mother told me it will take 8-10 yrs for my petition to be lift and theres also retrogression so it might be longer.. I have 2 kids and untill now they are illegitimate but is using the surnmae of their father... Dont know what to do .. My friend told me to read and join some forums ...i might encounter the same problem...One thing more is , would there be a difference in the speed of processing if my mother will file citizenship or there would be a problem if she changes her status....Can somebody help send me the step by step procedure so i would know which step am i now... Thank you in advance....

for Philippines, it is better to stay where you are. For your category, 2B, they are working with the year 2000, so for now, it is more than 10 years.

if she becomes a USC, and change category to F1, they are in 1996, over 15 years.

I'm not sure if you will have to prove that you were never married.

Now you are in the waiting until your PD becomes current. You have to check every month the visa bulletin. Here's the link for August's visa bulletin.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5518.html

Edited by aleful

I have 2 kids and untill now they are illegitimate but is using the surnmae of their father...

The use of surnames state that legitimate and legitimated children shall principally use the surname of the father. The Family Code gives legitimate children the right to bear the surnames of the father and the mother, while illegitimate children shall use the surname of their mother, unless their father recognizes their filiation, in which case they may bear the father's surname.

Applying these laws, an illegitimate child whose filiation is not recognized by the father bears only a given name and his mother' surname, and does not have a middle name. The name of the unrecognized illegitimate child therefore identifies him as such

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.