Bad_Daddy

Riot hits north London after police shooting death

90 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I live closer to there than you do, I think I would know.

and i live closer to actual tornadoes, that doesn't make me more knowledgable than someone who doesn't

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

and i live closer to actual tornadoes, that doesn't make me more knowledgable than someone who doesn't

Hopefully you stay safe by learning common tornado safety, tornado-forming weather, etc, since you live closer to actual tornadoes than others.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Charles, that is a thoroughly stupid analogy.

I don't know what is funnier - the idea that you think this makes some kind of sense, or that you think it's a way to get under my skin. It achieves neither.

I live closer to there than you do, I think I would know.

So I'm an expert on all things American because of proximity?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

I do think it's fair to presume you know more about America than fishdude does, until proven otherwise.

Considering that I lived in two States over 5-6 years that's probably true. However, I suspect if Slim never lived in CA or NJ/NY then I probably know a bit more than him (but probably not all that much).

Edited by fishdude

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

That opinion wouldn't be untypical of the people who read the Daily Mail, but it may well be accurate generally. There is resurgence of nationalism across Europe as a whole, which tends to be what happens during economic downturns.

Timeline

Charles, that is a thoroughly stupid analogy.

I don't know what is funnier - the idea that you think this makes some kind of sense, or that you think it's a way to get under my skin. It achieves neither.

i've been told repeatedly that anecdotes are inmaterial on vj. ergo, your living location doesn't make you more knowledgable than anyone else who's read the news.

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

i've been told repeatedly that anecdotes are inmaterial on vj. ergo, your living location doesn't make you more knowledgable than anyone else who's read the news.

BUB.jpg

Sure Charles. :rolleyes: I think you should probably take your preconceptions and personal hangups elsewhere.

Timeline

BUB.jpg

Sure Charles. :rolleyes: I think you should probably take your preconceptions and personal hangups elsewhere.

new avatar of yours?

the point remains - you living close to something doesn't make you any more an expert than someone watching the news.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

new avatar of yours?

the point remains - you living close to something doesn't make you any more an expert than someone watching the news.

The point remains only if you take proximity as the sole basis of knowledge. As with most things in life - there's more to it.

Timeline

The point remains only if you take proximity as the sole basis of knowledge. As with most things in life - there's more to it.

so you have some personal eyewitness reports to pass on to us about the riots? no?

thought so....

* ~ * Charles * ~ *