Adrian's Wife

Filed for a foreign Spouse Again

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So I met and married a Nigerian guy in 2006, filed for him in 2007, in 2008 the petition was returned to USCIS because they questioned the bonfides of the relationship, short courtship (10 Months), limited visits(2), and not enough pictures of different visits. After that, we stayed in contact for about 3 more months after that. At the end of 2008 I went to Jamaica on Vacay and met Adrian. The whole 2 weeks I was there we chated everyday but he was the perfect gentlemen. On the last day of being in JA he asked for my number. I gave it to him. He called about 3 weeks later, we stayed in contact for the next 4 months. I went back to JA and we became the bestest friends ever. I was falling for this guy and didnt want to. For the next 2 years I have traveled to see him, met his family, his children, and shared in his life. Mind you I am still married to the Nigerian guy. In 2010 he asked me to marry him in front of everybody on my birthday. I accepted. At this point I was no longer in contact with Nigeria so I had no idea where he was. I emailed him asked for an address I could send him a gift(divorce) and he gladly gave me an address. 30 days later I was divorced. In May I had a big wedding in Jamaica with family and friends present. I am afraid that immigration will give me problems because I have filed for someone before. Is there any advice, tips, suggestions,comments, or concerns that I should be aare of. Have anyone oe know anyone that has had this kind of experience, if so tell me how it was. Please I am looking forward to hearing from you all. Blessings be with you all.

Adrianna

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

You're basically confirming that the USCIS made the right choice in denying your first petition...my guess is that at this point they will be extremely suspicious.

Timeline

You're basically confirming that the USCIS made the right choice in denying your first petition...my guess is that at this point they will be extremely suspicious.

Maybe them denying the 1st one worked out for my good... who knows. I was in it for the right reasons if he wasnt then To God Be the Glory for the USCIS making the right decision. For this very reason is why I didnt want to do the immigration thing again. Nonetheless I did so I guess we will see how it goes

Filed: Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

It is very likely that there will be some scrutiny in your case. But as you know, nothing is impossible to overcome. You need to do extra effort to convince the USCIS and other visa agencies that both marriages were entered with good faith. You need to focus on gathering a lot of evidences such as ticket receipts, passport visit stamps, pictures (A LOT) with families and his kids, communication logs - anything you can lay your hands on. Expect a lot of question about the first marriage. Remember, it is still your right to petition the government to be with your husband but you have to do some effort to clear the hurdles. Change the previous experience into an asset and do a lot more than you did last time. Read and read this website and educate yourself and your husband of potential questions, red flags and other unfavorable things that may be related to your case.

I wish you a smooth journey and happy life...

Timeline

It is very likely that there will be some scrutiny in your case. But as you know, nothing is impossible to overcome. You need to do extra effort to convince the USCIS and other visa agencies that both marriages were entered with good faith. You need to focus on gathering a lot of evidences such as ticket receipts, passport visit stamps, pictures (A LOT) with families and his kids, communication logs - anything you can lay your hands on. Expect a lot of question about the first marriage. Remember, it is still your right to petition the government to be with your husband but you have to do some effort to clear the hurdles. Change the previous experience into an asset and do a lot more than you did last time. Read and read this website and educate yourself and your husband of potential questions, red flags and other unfavorable things that may be related to your case.

I wish you a smooth journey and happy life...

Thank You so Much for all the kind words and advice. i am taking it all in and making the best of my situation. I will continue to research and do my part to make this transition as smooth as possible. Again Many thanks and many blessings

Timeline

Adrian,

Each case is different. I would co-sign the previous recommendation. You really need to front-load your application to remove all doubt. Each country is also different. You will be surprised what works in one country that does not pass in another. Each CO is different as well. Complete your application, include proper proof of the bonafide relationship and above all keep your faith!!!! What God has placed together no one can destroy.

RNM

Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place....Zora Neale Hurston

ticker.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i like your fair and sensible comment

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Besides the fact you have a failed Nigerian petition and remained married while in a relationship with another and you filed immediately after divorcing what other red flags do you have to deal with ? Are you older, a different race , a different religion ?

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Besides the fact you have a failed Nigerian petition and remained married while in a relationship with another and you filed immediately after divorcing what other red flags do you have to deal with ? Are you older, a different race , a different religion ?

I filed a year 1/2 after my divorce was final. Adrian is 6 years older than me. Evrything else is the same. Same Religion and Im black American and He the Jamaican. I was also legally separated over a year before I could even file for divorce per my state laws. When So maybe im giving ppl the wrong idea like I jsut filed for 1 dumped him and now filing for another. It was nothing like that.This is just how life came to me. Our relationship just didnt work out after that. All the arguing,stress and worrying just made things difficult And if anybody ever been to Nigeria, it is atleast 2000 ticket + hotel and food. I just couldnt do it. Anyway thanx to everyone that has offered any kind of advice or offered a kind word. Its not easy being in my shoes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ok so you don't have too many other red flags. Be over prepared on all the red flag counts and make sure the new husband knows every detail of the old relationship because it WILL come up at the interview.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Ok so you don't have too many other red flags. Be over prepared on all the red flag counts and make sure the new husband knows every detail of the old relationship because it WILL come up at the interview.

I dont have ANY other red flags. Im sure they are gonna question him on that rel;ationship, but the truth will prevail. Its nothing to hide or lie about so I am letting God Stand up mighty on that. And Yes he knows everything

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I filed a year 1/2 after my divorce was final. Adrian is 6 years older than me. Evrything else is the same. Same Religion and Im black American and He the Jamaican. I was also legally separated over a year before I could even file for divorce per my state laws. When So maybe im giving ppl the wrong idea like I jsut filed for 1 dumped him and now filing for another. It was nothing like that.This is just how life came to me. Our relationship just didnt work out after that. All the arguing,stress and worrying just made things difficult And if anybody ever been to Nigeria, it is atleast 2000 ticket + hotel and food. I just couldnt do it. Anyway thanx to everyone that has offered any kind of advice or offered a kind word. Its not easy being in my shoes.

Dear, please do not allow others to words to move your emotions. Most of them have their own problems and are suffering themselves. Just turn the other cheek and take the words from those that help. Don't even use energy to respond to that foolishness! Do what you can, for what you want, for faith without works, is dead! Gather what you can, and start your journey. You know there will be hoops and hurdles. I pray someone that has been down this road will surface and share. You are not the first and will not be the last! People in the states marry, separate, date, divorce, and remarry all the time. All of a sudden because your relationships include foreigners.....you're the crazy one! HAAA! All of us on here have a foreigner! And we all hope that this will be the only one! But the truth is....Life is real! So no matter how bad it looks, do what it takes to enjoy yours! GOOD LUCK!!

Married: 11/04/10
Sent I-130: 01/31/11
Priority Date: 02/03/11
Rec'd NOA1: 02/08/11
Rec'd NOA2: 05/31/11
NOA2 Hard Copy: 06/03/11
NVC Rec'd: 06/13/11
Case # assigned: 06/15/11
DS-3032 email: 06/17/11
AOS Invoice: 06/17/11
Pay'd AOS: 06/20/11
Mailed AOS pckt: 06/23/11
IV pckt Invoice: 06/23/11
Pay'd IV fee: 06/23/11
IV Pckt Instructions: 06/28/11
Mailed IV pckt: 07/05/11
SIF: 07/18/11
Interview 09/09/11

ROC
Sent I-751: 7/22/13
NOA: 07/29/13
Biometrics: 08/27/13

Approval: 12/11/13

Card in Hand: 12/19/13

iwwyle23pmh.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dear, please do not allow others to words to move your emotions. Most of them have their own problems and are suffering themselves. Just turn the other cheek and take the words from those that help. Don't even use energy to respond to that foolishness! Do what you can, for what you want, for faith without works, is dead! Gather what you can, and start your journey. You know there will be hoops and hurdles. I pray someone that has been down this road will surface and share. You are not the first and will not be the last! People in the states marry, separate, date, divorce, and remarry all the time. All of a sudden because your relationships include foreigners.....you're the crazy one! HAAA! All of us on here have a foreigner! And we all hope that this will be the only one! But the truth is....Life is real! So no matter how bad it looks, do what it takes to enjoy yours! GOOD LUCK!!

i agree no need to waste energy.. people in the STATES marry and divorce all the times.. some are crazy to marry within weeks/months of meeting someone. It is different WHEN a foreigner is involved because the is seeking a benefit a 3rd person besides the priest pastor or court is involved after the wedding and that is immigration. When man or woman can marry 10 different locals it starts to become a problem or higher hurdles are set and they are asked to JUMP .. or else.

Edited by RICARDO4EVA2

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It would certainly do no harm to have a back up plan, have you investigated the Jamaican requirements for Immigration?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So I met and married a Nigerian guy in 2006, filed for him in 2007, in 2008 the petition was returned to USCIS because they questioned the bonfides of the relationship, short courtship (10 Months), limited visits(2), and not enough pictures of different visits. After that, we stayed in contact for about 3 more months after that. At the end of 2008 I went to Jamaica on Vacay and met Adrian. The whole 2 weeks I was there we chated everyday but he was the perfect gentlemen. On the last day of being in JA he asked for my number. I gave it to him. He called about 3 weeks later, we stayed in contact for the next 4 months. I went back to JA and we became the bestest friends ever. I was falling for this guy and didnt want to. For the next 2 years I have traveled to see him, met his family, his children, and shared in his life. Mind you I am still married to the Nigerian guy. In 2010 he asked me to marry him in front of everybody on my birthday. I accepted. At this point I was no longer in contact with Nigeria so I had no idea where he was. I emailed him asked for an address I could send him a gift(divorce) and he gladly gave me an address. 30 days later I was divorced. In May I had a big wedding in Jamaica with family and friends present. I am afraid that immigration will give me problems because I have filed for someone before. Is there any advice, tips, suggestions,comments, or concerns that I should be aare of. Have anyone oe know anyone that has had this kind of experience, if so tell me how it was. Please I am looking forward to hearing from you all. Blessings be with you all.

Adrianna

Plenty of people have married before and divorced - One of the questions on your petition will ask if you have previously petitioned someone. Check yes, and then write see attached. Write an explanation of what happened previously - One of the main concerns with people filing multiple petitions is that they are fraudulently marrying just to get people GC - that did not happen in your case, your ex did not get a GC - marriages end all the time for various reasons - There are others who have petitioned successfully for more than one person -

Just be prepared for the questions that might arise.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.