Yau & Yadi

A question, I need help please....someone :X

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi guys, I wanted to ask a question that I just can't find the answer to through google, idk maybe I'm just bad at looking or haven't looked thoroughly. And yes, this is my first post, but I've long been a "stalker" on the forums.

Question:

I plan to file for the K1, to bring my fiance. But I'm currently unemployed, I have no resume of past work, because until now I've been a student. I cannot find an hourly job, I've applied everywhere. I'm worried about putting 'None' on the G-325A "Applicant's employment last five years", and not providing MY (the main) affidavit of support on the I-134.

I could put my close friend as a co-sponsor, she earns around $180,000 a year, which is way more than the federal poverty line of $15k or so. I DO intend to work, and I AM actively seeking a job, I'm not disabled, but worried if I don't provide the main I-134 they will deny the case at the consulate on the interview date, specially when they see no work history (I was a student).

Please, I beg, if someone could help me, or someone that has gone through similar events of unemployment, but provided a co-sponsor. I can provide 2 con-sponsors, each earning more than $150k+ a year, but I don't know if that will do if I don't provide the main one, which is my earnings. I'm not disabled, I'm young, and plan to work, I just can't find a job and I don't know how long this will last.

Thank you all, if you take the time to read this and respond. Sometimes I get depress and lose all hope and even start crying when I start worrying about this.... :(

You usually have to wait for that which is worth waiting for.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi guys, I wanted to ask a question that I just can't find the answer to through google, idk maybe I'm just bad at looking or haven't looked thoroughly. And yes, this is my first post, but I've long been a "stalker" on the forums.

Question:

I plan to file for the K1, to bring my fiance. But I'm currently unemployed, I have no resume of past work, because until now I've been a student. I cannot find an hourly job, I've applied everywhere. I'm worried about putting 'None' on the G-325A "Applicant's employment last five years", and not providing MY (the main) affidavit of support on the I-134.

I could put my close friend as a co-sponsor, she earns around $180,000 a year, which is way more than the federal poverty line of $15k or so. I DO intend to work, and I AM actively seeking a job, I'm not disabled, but worried if I don't provide the main I-134 they will deny the case at the consulate on the interview date, specially when they see no work history (I was a student).

Please, I beg, if someone could help me, or someone that has gone through similar events of unemployment, but provided a co-sponsor. I can provide 2 con-sponsors, each earning more than $150k+ a year, but I don't know if that will do if I don't provide the main one, which is my earnings. I'm not disabled, I'm young, and plan to work, I just can't find a job and I don't know how long this will last.

Thank you all, if you take the time to read this and respond. Sometimes I get depress and lose all hope and even start crying when I start worrying about this.... :(

First you must file the 129F petition, and then once approved, your fiance will need the financial evidence at their visa interview at the consulate there. This will be months down the road from when you first file. You will provide your own I-134 as the main sponsor, even if you had no income. You will add an explanation as to why did you not file taxes, as you legally were not required to file because you were a student and had no income. If you get a job before the time comes that you will need the I-134, then list your current income on your form and provide a letter from your employer and a few months of recent pay stubs. You will only need one co-sponsor, and as long as they are above the 125% poverty guideline for their household plus your fiance added, that will fine. They will fill out their own separate I-134 and provide an IRS tax transcript of their most recent tax year, letter from their employer stating their position and salary, and a few months worth of most recent pay stubs.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Question:

Hi first every embassy is different, so you need to find out if Cuba accepts co-sponsors. I imagine it does but can't say for sure. your co sponsor and you will both have to fill out the I-134 with supporting documents like employer letter, tax transcripts and 3 pay stubs.

If they accept co-sponsors they will not reject your case, for not being employed. Other than that I've never had a co-sponsor so I can't tell you anything more. Good luck.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I know that some consulates do not allow co-sponsors (e.g. Philippines, Vietnam and Nigeria) but some also limit the use of co-sponsors to immediate family members. Your best bet is to call and ask the consulate what their policy is. If you can get an immediate family member to sponsor you, it would look better for your case.

Assuming that they do allow co-sponsors:

Put "student" for the time you were in school on the G-325a and "unemployed" for the time after until present

Despite the fact that you currently don't meet the financial requirements, you are still the main sponsor, and must fill out an I-134 for yourself and one for the co-sponsor.

1 co-sponsor will be enough if she makes that much money...

It is not uncommon for students or recent grads to go through this process and provide a co-sponsor.

"A man who lives within his means, suffers from a lack of imagination"

~Oscar Wilde

Timeline:

07/18/2011 - Mailed I-129F Petition

07/21/2011 - NOA1

10/18/2011 - NOA2

11/14/2011 - Packet 3 Received

02/14/2012 - Interview (3 months?!?!)

03/02/2012 - Passport w/ K1 received!

03/03/2012 - WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG??!!

Timeline

Okay, thank you guys for your answers and advices :) It helps.

Edit: What I really wanted to know was if they accepted applications of unemployed people (yet, at the same time looking for a job), but with a co-sponsor with high enough earnings.

Edited by Yadi+Yau

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

In general, yes. Especially in cases of students or recent students. Note that the I-134 is not a binding document. It is an intent to support. When your fiance comes to the states and you are married, you will file the I-834 with the AOS, which is legally binding. Keep that in mind if you ask your friend to co-sponsor at that time.

"A man who lives within his means, suffers from a lack of imagination"

~Oscar Wilde

Timeline:

07/18/2011 - Mailed I-129F Petition

07/21/2011 - NOA1

10/18/2011 - NOA2

11/14/2011 - Packet 3 Received

02/14/2012 - Interview (3 months?!?!)

03/02/2012 - Passport w/ K1 received!

03/03/2012 - WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG??!!

Filed: Other Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Yadi & Yau, Cuba does accept co-sponsors and does not limit them to family members. The I-134, Affidavit of Support will not be needed until it is time for the interview in Havana. The I-129 petition is taking anywhere between 4,5,6 months currently; interviews at the United States Interest Section in Havana are taking upwards of 6, 7, 8, even 9 months. So you see, you have ample time to seek and secure employment by the time you will need to fill out the I-134. Absent your ability to secure employment, a co-sponsor will be accepted in Havana. Good luck! BTW, what part of Cuba is your fiance from?

4/1/2011 - Mailed I129F

4/4/2011 - I129F received by USCIS (Priority date)

4/5/2001 - Post Office Return Receipt signed by USCIS

4/6/2011 - USCIS receipt date

4/7/2011 - Received e-mail/text NOA1

4/8/2011 - Touched

4/12/2011 - Receipt received via snail mail (I797C)

8/29/2011 - Received email/text NOA2

9/2/2011 - NVC received (no NVC # assigned yet)

9/2/2011 - Received hardcopy of NOA2

9/6/2011 - NVC Havana case number assigned

9/16/2011 - NVC forwarded case to Havana

9/19/2011 - NVC generated informational letter to me

9/23/2011 - Received letter from NVC via snail mail

10/6/2011 - Packet received by US Interest Section in Havana

10/18/2011 - Amel received telegram advising him when to pick up packet

12/05/2011 - Amel had blood work and x-rays done in preparation for medical examination

12/12/2011 - Amel picked up packet of forms at the USINT in Havana.

01/10/2012 - Amel had his medical exam today.

03/01/2012 - Interview: APPROVED!

03/20/2012 - Visa received.

3/23/2012 - Carta blanca, etc. requested

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Okay, thank you guys for your answers and advices :) It helps.

Edit: What I really wanted to know was if they accepted applications of unemployed people (yet, at the same time looking for a job), but with a co-sponsor with high enough earnings.

Your employment situation/history has NOTHING to do with petition approval. It WILL affect visa approval and issuance, but you have some time for that and can use a co-sponsor if it is allowed in Cuba.

Fill out the G-325a correctly and send it in with the petition.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Yadi & Yau, Cuba does accept co-sponsors and does not limit them to family members. The I-134, Affidavit of Support will not be needed until it is time for the interview in Havana. The I-129 petition is taking anywhere between 4,5,6 months currently; interviews at the United States Interest Section in Havana are taking upwards of 6, 7, 8, even 9 months. So you see, you have ample time to seek and secure employment by the time you will need to fill out the I-134. Absent your ability to secure employment, a co-sponsor will be accepted in Havana. Good luck! BTW, what part of Cuba is your fiance from?

So nice to see someone else that their K1 is currently pending in Cuba. I will definitely follow your status updates. :) If you don't mind someone stalking your status of course, lol:)

And thank you for the answer, I see that I will have plenty of time to keep looking for a job. And regarding that, do you mean the whole process combined takes anywhere from 6 months, plus 7+ more months for the interview? That's more than a year, it really takes that long? I though it would take roughly 6-7 months from time of filing to the arrival in the U.S. Is this correct, the dates you suggested. I see that you have been 4 months into it since NOA1.

P.S I'm from Sancti-Spiritus, and so is my fiance. Most people I meet are from obviously, Havana ;)

P.S.S Thank you for the other replies, it helped me. Much appreciated ^^

Timeline

Of course you can follow (stalk) me. lol The length of time this process (Cuba specifically) takes has changed throughout the years. I had a friend who brought his fiance from Cuba in 5 months back in 2005. That is not the case at this time. My I-129 has currently been pending since April 4th. I am hopeful that an approval of my petition will come any day now. But, even after an approval is adjudicated, and it goes through the NVC (National Visa Center), which I have seen it take anywhere from one week to just over a month, you will have to contact the US Interest Section and make an appointment for an interview. I have a friend, who is also a VJ member, who got approved in February, 2011, and her initial appointment was December, 2011. However, she was able to advance the interview to September, 2011. That is still 7 months after approval. So if the PETITION approval takes 5 months, which is what USCIS is saying it could take to adjudicate a petition, and then it takes about one month at NVC, and then another 7 months for an interview, that is about 13 months. Then after the visa is issued in Havana, which I know of someone that took a little over a month to get the visa after they were approved at the interview, you will then have to jump through the Cuban hoops in order to get the exit permit (Carta Blanca). So we need to strap ourselves in because this is a bumpy ride falling in love with a Cuban National. It is trying on your patience and your emotions. You see other countries make their interview appointments in less time and we have to wait that long, but there is nothing we can do about it.

Oh, and the love of my life, Amel, is from Sagua La Grande, which is in the Villa Clara province and I was born in New York, and as every Cuban American with Cuban parents, we eventually headed south to South Florida. lol

4/1/2011 - Mailed I129F

4/8/2011 - Touched

12/05/2011 - Amel had blood work and x-rays done in preparation for medical examination

Timeline

Of course you can follow (stalk) me. lol The length of time this process (Cuba specifically) takes has changed throughout the years. I had a friend who brought his fiance from Cuba in 5 months back in 2005. That is not the case at this time. My I-129 has currently been pending since April 4th. I am hopeful that an approval of my petition will come any day now. But, even after an approval is adjudicated, and it goes through the NVC (National Visa Center), which I have seen it take anywhere from one week to just over a month, you will have to contact the US Interest Section and make an appointment for an interview. I have a friend, who is also a VJ member, who got approved in February, 2011, and her initial appointment was December, 2011. However, she was able to advance the interview to September, 2011. That is still 7 months after approval. So if the PETITION approval takes 5 months, which is what USCIS is saying it could take to adjudicate a petition, and then it takes about one month at NVC, and then another 7 months for an interview, that is about 13 months. Then after the visa is issued in Havana, which I know of someone that took a little over a month to get the visa after they were approved at the interview, you will then have to jump through the Cuban hoops in order to get the exit permit (Carta Blanca). So we need to strap ourselves in because this is a bumpy ride falling in love with a Cuban National. It is trying on your patience and your emotions. You see other countries make their interview appointments in less time and we have to wait that long, but there is nothing we can do about it.

Oh, and the love of my life, Amel, is from Sagua La Grande, which is in the Villa Clara province and I was born in New York, and as every Cuban American with Cuban parents, we eventually headed south to South Florida. lol

:ot::ot: :ot:

I was talking to someone, not so long ago either, like 2 months ago maybe? He said he had his friend, applied for the K-1 to bring his sister over here, and so we kept talking and I asked him how long that took. He told me it had taken him like 6 months, so I'm like really confused and that's why I though it wouldn't take that long, lol.

Me and fiance met when we were childrens, our mothers grew up together, I left, went back when I was 16, and it's been 4 years or so we've been together and I've traveled to Cuba lots of time. I guess I didn't just fall in love with a national of another country or had much choice, for me is just a......reunion, lol.

And gosh since it takes so long I'll have to travel there at least twice :c

:ot2:

Thank you for all the answers you guys, I'm a bit more informed now ;) And thank you Wanda:) Like I said, I will check on your status from time to time :) so I could have an idea. I wish you the best of luck....just know that you're not alone in this "wait", I get depress all the time, even cry and lose hope......it's difficult sometimes not being with the person you love, I sometimes think life is unfair, if two human beings love eath other so much they shouldn't be separated by the distance....harsh world.

Timeline

Your friend could not possibly bring his sister using the K-1. That is specifically for a fiance visa. He might have brought his sister over using another visa type.

Also, you can go to the Cuba portal and search other members with Cuban fiance and get an idea of how long each step of the process is taking.

Edited by Wanda and Amel

4/1/2011 - Mailed I129F

4/8/2011 - Touched

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

post removed at the request of the OP

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hey, I was reading the instructions for the I864 and it appears you do need the co-sponsor at that time to be an immediate family member just FYI in case you don't find work. Hopefully, this won't be an issue. Plus I have got other items wrong so you might want to check those instructions out for yourself.

7/15/11 Sent K1 Petition to Lockbox

8/10/11 STILL NO NOA1!

8/12/11 Called USCIS to get receipt number-NOA1 will be resent

8/16/11 Received NOA1 with date of 7/20/11

1/3/12 NOA2!!!

1/12/12 Got email notice we are through the NVC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

yadi I'm unemployed, graduated in December and have been back and forth the last 7 months to serbian and back to be with my husband. I had my father co-sponsor and we are scheduled for an Interview on Sept. 27th. I am guessing you will be fine

[font="Century Gothic"]Married March 27, 2010
Sent out I-130 December 29, 2010
Recieved NOA 1 January 4, 2011
Touched January 6, 2011
Recieved NOA 2 May 9, 2011
Interview September 27, 2011
Visa in hand Septmeber 30, 2011 (it would of been the same day as the interview but they requested some more info)
POE - JFK, NYC October 12, 2011 [/font]

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;0;23/st/20100327/e/Since+our+wedding/k/ccbb/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.