Mr. 2000

Interview Coming in 2 weeks

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife has her interview scheduled for this month and I have a few questions I'd like to ask. This is a CR1 type of application (I believe) since we got married in Vietnam last year:

1) I received the letter from the NVC about her interview in July but up to now she has not received any letter from the consulate. Is that normal?

2) I submitted a financial support form along with IRS transcripts as proof and asked another sponsor to help as well (also submitted the original IRS transcripts). Since we both submitted original IRS transcripts, is there any other financial documentation required? The letter says to bring the most recent tax return IF the NVC was not supplied with one originally...and IRS transcripts count as a tax return when it comes to proof of income as far as I know.

3) I submitted my original divorce decree to the NVC to show that my previous marriage was terminated, but on the last page where it shows "document status" it says F which means "not required" instead of O as I would expect, since I sent the original in. Should I be concerned?

4) I put together a timeline using the template on this site. The thing is that my wife and I met years ago but due to emotional baggage (from my last marriage) and then financial issues for both of us (long hours at work, not so much time to chat), we did not get serious and meet in person until 2010. Would it be better to start the timeline from the point that we were "seriously" pursuing a relationship, rather than starting from the actual first contact when we communicated mainly as friends?

5) Will they expect my wife to show some documentation about the whereabouts of my ex wife? My ex wife basically bailed and left me with all of her bills/maxed-out credit cards, and she did not tell me where she went...I just know she left the USA because one of the last things she charged was a plane ticket.

6) The sticky post here says to print out "everything" as far as what we talked about in chat and email, but we spent a lot of time using Skype video call, which has no printable history since we're talking and not typing. Do they just want to see that we actually communicated during the time periods we claim we knew each other...in which case printing a selective 'summary' would be enough?

7) Anything else I should know about to be fully prepared?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer these for me! It is much appreciated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We also received the letter from the NVC, but never had any contact with the consulate. Her interview is tomorrow, so I am assuming none will come and I hope this is normal. =) Haha, I'm sure it is though.

I will leave your other questions for the more experienced.

Best of luck,

Rostov

Edited by rostov007

Filed: Timeline

Good luck!

We also received the letter from the NVC, but never had any contact with the consulate. Her interview is tomorrow, so I am assuming none will come and I hope this is normal. =) Haha, I'm sure it is though.

Best of luck,

Rostov

Timeline

Best of luck,

Rostov

Good luck on the interview and God bless. Let us know what happens, please.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Good luck on the interview and God bless. Let us know what happens, please.

Thank you so much for your wishes, I will post an update later tonight (She leaves for the consulate in about one hour) even I have butterflies now, I can imagine how she feels.

I'll get her to write a review to post as well.

Cheers,

Rostov

Timeline

Thank you so much for your wishes, I will post an update later tonight (She leaves for the consulate in about one hour) even I have butterflies now, I can imagine how she feels.

I'll get her to write a review to post as well.

Cheers,

Rostov

Most awesome. Be looking for it.good.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife has her interview scheduled for this month and I have a few questions I'd like to ask. This is a CR1 type of application (I believe) since we got married in Vietnam last year:

1) I received the letter from the NVC about her interview in July but up to now she has not received any letter from the consulate. Is that normal?

2) I submitted a financial support form along with IRS transcripts as proof and asked another sponsor to help as well (also submitted the original IRS transcripts). Since we both submitted original IRS transcripts, is there any other financial documentation required? The letter says to bring the most recent tax return IF the NVC was not supplied with one originally...and IRS transcripts count as a tax return when it comes to proof of income as far as I know.

3) I submitted my original divorce decree to the NVC to show that my previous marriage was terminated, but on the last page where it shows "document status" it says F which means "not required" instead of O as I would expect, since I sent the original in. Should I be concerned?

4) I put together a timeline using the template on this site. The thing is that my wife and I met years ago but due to emotional baggage (from my last marriage) and then financial issues for both of us (long hours at work, not so much time to chat), we did not get serious and meet in person until 2010. Would it be better to start the timeline from the point that we were "seriously" pursuing a relationship, rather than starting from the actual first contact when we communicated mainly as friends?

5) Will they expect my wife to show some documentation about the whereabouts of my ex wife? My ex wife basically bailed and left me with all of her bills/maxed-out credit cards, and she did not tell me where she went...I just know she left the USA because one of the last things she charged was a plane ticket.

6) The sticky post here says to print out "everything" as far as what we talked about in chat and email, but we spent a lot of time using Skype video call, which has no printable history since we're talking and not typing. Do they just want to see that we actually communicated during the time periods we claim we knew each other...in which case printing a selective 'summary' would be enough?

7) Anything else I should know about to be fully prepared?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer these for me! It is much appreciated.

Have her go to the consulate to get the interview letter so she can get her medical done...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

6) --> Use "Print Screen" at the time you are chatting to take the picture, then paste to Microsoft Word and print out.

List some electrical newspaper to show the current date on window before taking picture.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

6) --> Use "Print Screen" at the time you are chatting to take the picture, then paste to Microsoft Word and print out.

List some electrical newspaper to show the current date on window before taking picture.

Yeah but that could just as easily be photoshopped. I'm planning to just print a summary of what I have and just go with that. I doubt they will sift through hundreds of pages of chat logs...doing so would delay the process and make it take even longer than it already does.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yeah but that could just as easily be photoshopped. I'm planning to just print a summary of what I have and just go with that. I doubt they will sift through hundreds of pages of chat logs...doing so would delay the process and make it take even longer than it already does.

Yes, the chat log is ok, but attach some pictures such as, one per month. How long do you know each other? They look through my emails within 3 years. Sometime, they look at email and chat very carefully; sometime they do not.

Arrange in chronological order, use separate sheets to divide between months and years; and should note on these sheets to know which month and year one you are attaching with that sheet.

Edited by David-Hien

Filed: Timeline

For skype call logs, you can use 'Skype call exporter', just do a Google search for that string, and it is the first entry. It will give you data in csv form and you can open it in excel to tweak it so it is easily readable.

Note that it will only document calls made from that computer, i. E. If you reformat the hd or use multiple computers, then those logs will not show up.

Edited by Dan_P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.