GrayL

K-1 Sydney Payment fee- Australia Post don't know anything about it!!

30 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Ohhh, good luck for your interview too! I hope theres some VJers on the 23rd when i have my interview, lol

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

Ohhh, good luck for your interview too! I hope theres some VJers on the 23rd when i have my interview, lol

Thanks!!

Good luck for yours too!

USCIS

30 Nov 2010 - Sent I-130 to Chicago

1 Dec 2010 - I-130 received at Chicago

18 Apr 2011 - APPROVED!! NOA2 text and email

NVC

29 Apr 2011 - Case entered into the system/Case number assigned; Medical Exam in Sydney

30 Apr 2011 - Police Check Application sent

2 May 2011 - Called NVC and got Invoice ID number

3 May 2011 - Sent DS-3032 email

4 May 2011 - Received email reply from NVC for DS-3032; Received Medical Exam results

5 May 2011 - AOS invoiced and paid

7 May 2011 - AOS package sent; IV invoiced and paid

9 May 2011 - AOS package delivered to NVC according to tracking

20 May 2011 - RFE for missing IV package....still waiting on Police Certificate!

24 May 2011 - Received Police Certificate after 25 days (so much for 7-10!); IV package sent

27 May 2011 - IV package delivered according to tracking

8 Jun 2011 - RFE for original marriage certificate; requested supervisor review since we KNOW it was in the package!

30 Jun 2011 - SIF and CC - FINALLY!!!!

13 Jul 2011 - Interview date assigned! Scheduled for August 9th @ 10am

9 Aug 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Aug 2011 - Visa in hand

24 Aug 2011 - POE @ LAX

Hello again,

OK I'm here in Sydney in the Travelodge hotel, I can physically see the consulate from my window, exciting!

So as promised here's my reply regarding the payment, as my experience just 5 minutes ago.

It was so easy!!!

I highly recommend you book at the Travelodge on Philip Street, I am about 2 minute walk from the consulate, one block away!

If you have time to get the fee payment done here there is a Post Office not too far away. Basically when you leave Travelodge (On Philip Street), turn left, and then immediately turn left again onto Martin Place. Go all the way to the very end of the street and the post office is literally on the corner on the left hand side, right at the very end of the street, you can't miss it!

I went in and just said, "I want to pay for a US VISA K", and the lady immediately knew what I was talking about.

One important thing:

Eftpos or Cash only, ***NO CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED*** ... I was okay I was paying on eftpos, but that little nugget might come in handy!

She also said, strictly no refunds also..

She printed off just a regular and tiny receipt, and she actually stapled it to the Interview Letter (the attachment you got from the Consulate), so take that with you, the receipt is small, and easy to lose!

I did however do some scouting, I explained to the lady after I had it all done that I went to my local Post Office and they had problems finding it, and I asked what specifically she typed, codes etc so that I could write back on this post (for archiving purposes).

Basically the payment is a Tran Code 828 (that's what it said on the screen, she even showed me her screen!), and then she said "Oh any Australia Post can do it, they just need to put in code 828 and then scroll down to K visa".

The key there was it just said K visa, not K-1 or anything, that's probably where my local Post Office slipped up!

So anyways, hopefully this helps someone, any Australia Post can to it, code 828, K visa, $350, no credit cards, done.

Here's the walking distance too.

Travelodge > Consulate = Less than 2 minute walk

Travelodge > Post Office = 5 minute walk

Post Office > Travelodge = Less than 3 minute walk

You walk right by the MLC Centre on the way to the post office.

OK, well, hope this helps, and good luck to you!

GrayL :innocent:

Edited by GrayL

___________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Gray and I'm originally from Perth, Western Australia, my wife Bry is from Montana.
We met in June 2010, got engaged in November 2010, and married in January 2012!
We are now living together in Montana.

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

07/04/2015: Applicable for Naturalization

For my full K-1/AOS/AP/EA/ROC process see my timeline here: http://goo.gl/AyNVBd
Check out my Flickr Page here: http://goo.gl/Yx4THU

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

That's really good to know! Thank you! I'll be going for my interview soon (once I finally get the i-134s from my fiance and have my medical!) so this is a big worry off my mind 'cos I was wondering how to pay for it (Knew you had to go to the post office, but didn't know what to ask for. xD)

30th March 2011 - I-129F sent!

8th April 2011 - NOA1 Hardcopy recieved.

24th June 2011 - NOA2!!! [80 days]

30th June 2011 - NOA2 Hardcopy received.

27th July 2011 - Packet 3 instructions emailed to me!

27th July 2011 - Get my Police check done. 3-4 weeks? omg!

19th August 2011 - Medical!

22nd August 2011 - Medical results, passed!

29th August 2011 - i-134's arrived! Waiting on Police check. Emailed Consulate to see if they have it. :/

15th September 2011 - Finally send off packet 3! Neighbour stole first police check, form in i-134 was wrong and had to be resent, but it's all FINALLY on its way to Sydney! :)

22nd September 2011 - Packet 4 Received!

25th October 2011 - INTERVIEW! Eek!

25th October 2011 - Approved! :) Just need to mail my LONG birth certificate out so they can verify it and send the visa. Lol.

26th October 2011 - Birth certificate arrived in Sydney. Now to wait for my visa!!! :)

1st November 2011 - Visa Recieved!! :)

30th November 2011 - POE

19th January 2012 - Wedding

3rd February 2012 - Applied for SSN in maiden name

10th February 2012 - SSN arrived in mail

14th September 2012: Finally have the money saved up for AOS after a tough year. Going to start paperwork soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

event.png

Glad you got it sorted out!!

You local Post Office probably doesn't ever see many people come in and ask to pay for a US Visa, so that's probably why they didn't know what to look for. Conversely..the one near the Consulate probably sees them every day.

Again, good luck for your interview...might see you tomorrow!

USCIS

NVC

29 Apr 2011 - Case entered into the system/Case number assigned; Medical Exam in Sydney

4 May 2011 - Received email reply from NVC for DS-3032; Received Medical Exam results

20 May 2011 - RFE for missing IV package....still waiting on Police Certificate!

24 May 2011 - Received Police Certificate after 25 days (so much for 7-10!); IV package sent

8 Jun 2011 - RFE for original marriage certificate; requested supervisor review since we KNOW it was in the package!

24 Aug 2011 - POE @ LAX

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

hahaha, kind of reminds me of when i went to my local police station and they couldnt understand why i needed a fingerprint check, lol.

But thankyou sooooo, sooooo much for the info! i work right next to an Australia post so i think i'll go in there later this week and pay my fee :D

I was gonna stay at the Travel lodge but now i'm going to stay at the mercure ( i think thats what its called, lol) its not too far either, its on George street. my Aunts coming with me and i oculdn't find any twin share rooms on the travelodge webiste so hence, the mercure :)

Good luck tomorrow, can't wait to hear how it goes!!

Thanks!!

Good luck for yours too!

Thankyouuuuu :D

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

Glad you got it sorted out!!

You local Post Office probably doesn't ever see many people come in and ask to pay for a US Visa, so that's probably why they didn't know what to look for. Conversely..the one near the Consulate probably sees them every day.

Again, good luck for your interview...might see you tomorrow!

Hey, sorry I must have missed something, you going tomorrow?? Woo, yeah, I'll be there at 8am with my Blue and Green Crumpler Messenger bag, say g'day!

I need to sleep but alas, jet lag has other plans! ha ha ha

___________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Gray and I'm originally from Perth, Western Australia, my wife Bry is from Montana.

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

For my full K-1/AOS/AP/EA/ROC process see my timeline here: http://goo.gl/AyNVBd

Thanks for all your good wishes.. I don't know where I would be if it wasn't for VJ, such an invaluable resource!

Nervous and exciting at the same time, so I can't wait for it to be done!

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

Hey, sorry I must have missed something, you going tomorrow?? Woo, yeah, I'll be there at 8am with my Blue and Green Crumpler Messenger bag, say g'day!

I need to sleep but alas, jet lag has other plans! ha ha ha

Yeah I will be there tomorrow too lol! But my interview isn't until 10am, yours will probably be over and done with by the time I get there.

I can't sleep either, but no jetlag for me lol just nerves.

Hope both of us have some good news to post tomorrow night!

USCIS

NVC

24 Aug 2011 - POE @ LAX

The absolute very best of luck to you mate, Bring on 5pm! :innocent:

If I'm still around at 10 I'll keep an eye out for you!

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

Hey there again,

just got back from the consulate, APPROVED! :dance: :dance:

I also have just finished writing up a play by play on another thread;

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/323716-my-k-1-sydney-interview-process/

Hopefully it will help, and good luck with your interviews!!

GrayL

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

Hey there again,

just got back from the consulate, APPROVED! :dance: :dance:

I also have just finished writing up a play by play on another thread;

http://www.visajourn...erview-process/

Hopefully it will help, and good luck with your interviews!!

GrayL

Yay!!! Congratulations!!!

I was APPROVED too!!!:dance: :dance:

USCIS

NVC

24 Aug 2011 - POE @ LAX

Filed: Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Congrats on the approval to you both :)

I have my interview in Auckland on the 25th (my dad's bday so hopefully thats a good omen).

NZ Fees say $455 payable only in NZ Cash or bank cashiers check - to be paid at Consulate General at the time of your interview.

At least i don't have to muck around trying to find a post office :) and i love how mines $105 more than yours, even though were just across the ditch and most americans assume we're the same country anyway :P

Edited by Jadeleaf

Congrats on the approval to you both :)

I have my interview in Auckland on the 25th (my dad's bday so hopefully thats a good omen).

NZ Fees say $455 payable only in NZ Cash or bank cashiers check - to be paid at Consulate General at the time of your interview.

At least i don't have to muck around trying to find a post office :) and i love how mines $105 more than yours, even though were just across the ditch and most americans assume we're the same country anyway :P

Thanks!!

Haha, well said, yep, I was actually told when I was in the US "Aren't aussies and kiwis the same thing" !!

I said, "Aussies are just way cooler!" :whistle: hahaha..

Wow yeah that's weird, so much more expensive, the very best of luck to you on the 25th, I'm sure it'll be as painless and simple as mine was!

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.