Danno

2% of U.S. population, accounted for 61 % of new HIV infections in 2009.

70 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

What do you base this assumption on?

Of all the activity that leads to the infectious spread of AIDS, do you really think the few who seek marriage (and remain exclusive) will put a dent in the overall amount of risky behavior taking place?

Pardon me but you are wadding into "wishful thinking", IMO.

It was just a though, not an assumption. Hence the use of the starting word 'perhaps.'

As for risky activity, unprotected ####### sex is what it is. The risk is equally high heterosexuals vs homosexuals, and perhaps your education efforts would be best directed at single gay men in order to reduce these epidemiological statistics.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

The article should've changed from homosexuals to ####### sex causes high percentage of HIV.

It was just a though, not an assumption. Hence the use of the starting word 'perhaps.'

As for risky activity, unprotected ####### sex is what it is. The risk is equally high heterosexuals vs homosexuals, and perhaps your education efforts would be best directed at single gay men in order to reduce these epidemiological statistics.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Try again, in reality next time.

So you are saying that US public schools do not teach sex education...correct?

The article should've changed from homosexuals to ####### sex causes high percentage of HIV.

Why?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

So you are saying that US public schools do not teach sex education...correct?

Why?

This is what you wrote:

Every public school in the US teaches sex ed.

I taught in a public school and there was no sex ed.

Next?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

What this news doesn't teach people about is that having vaginal sex doesn't always transmit HIV. However, having sex in the rectum will completely transmit HIV. Reason being is there is blood in the stool.

that's not the only thing that would be in the stool.....

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

This is what you wrote:

I taught in a public school and there was no sex ed.

Next?

I have never heard of a public school not teaching sex ed. This is a first. Not to mention someone in the US not knowing about condoms is like someone not knowing cigs are harmful to your health.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Apologies- I was referring directly to poor folk, mainly black and Hispanic from places where education, and sex education, is obviously not very strong.

Perhaps with gay marriage you'd see more monogamous relationships, equating to less promiscuity. ;)

really?

According to the 2005 census, there were some 9 million poor blacks in the U.S., 9 million poor Hispanics, and 17 million poor whites.

link

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I have never heard of a public school not teaching sex ed. This is a first. Not to mention someone in the US not knowing about condoms is like someone not knowing cigs are harmful to your health.

There are lots of things you've apparently never heard of.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Think about what you are suggesting.

With all the ####### sex going on, why is it this small percentage of the population be responsible for such overwhelming numbers of new infections?

... if the risk is equal?

The dire predictions made 25 years ago that the Hetro population would soon be ravaged, never happened, why is that?

Sodomites (I know you love that term) :yes: and needle users are still the primary persons effected with this scourge.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

really?

link

I guess you didn't read the OP very carefully:

But communities of color, and especially blacks, were disproportionately affected.

While blacks represent 14 percent of the U.S. population, they accounted for 44 percent of new HIV infections in 2009. HIV infection rates among blacks were nearly eight times higher than rates in whites, according to the study.

Hispanics, who represent about 16 percent of the population, accounted for 20 percent of new HIV infections in 2009 - a rate that was nearly three times as high as that of whites.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

People do not know the underlying reason why science is science. Therefore, they are quick to judge. Why isn't Asians on the list? Let me add fuel to the debate. That is because whites and blacks are morons.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Timeline

Think about what you are suggesting.

With all the ####### sex going on, why is it this small percentage of the population be responsible for such overwhelming numbers of new infections?

... if the risk is equal?

The dire predictions made 25 years ago that the Hetro population would soon be ravaged, never happened, why is that?

Sodomites (I know you love that term) :yes: and needle users are still the primary persons effected with this scourge.

And think about what you're saying:

The HIV infection rate for homosexuals is maintained within homosexuals right? Unless of course you want to factor in bisexuals. Given the infectiousness of ####### sex, more bisexuals would have to partake in buttsex with their heterosexual partner in order to be relevant to this study.

The biological risk of infection is obviously unequal due to the biology of sex and its differences between vaginal sex and ####### sex. Hence its not exactly equal.

As to your use of sarcasm to attest that HIV was predicted to ravage heterosexual population equally... I don't believe making that claim nor do I remember it being overblown anywhere else other than the factual and standard information covered in sex ed and in the medical literature.

For proof of the prevalence of heterosexual HIV transmission, all you need to do is see the rates for Africa itself and how unprotected vaginal sex does indeed lead to alarming rates.

Why you'd oppose education is beyond me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

People do not know the underlying reason why science is science. Therefore, they are quick to judge. Why isn't Asians on the list? Let me add fuel to the debate. That is because whites and blacks are morons.

And here I thought was thinking it was because those small pee-pees created less havoc on the rump.

:blush:

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Thailand probably has one of the most HIV infected populations on Earth. Number 1, they have hot and sexy bar dancers. Number 2, the girls there are cheap, give them $20 and you have them on your bed for the entire day and you could do whatever you want. Number 3, you can sleep with 10 girls at once if you like. Number 4, there's alot of homosexuals in Thailand (no offense Thai VJ members, but, you know how large their population are there). For those who don't know, any new HIV drugs from the US are first tested over there (loose regulation, however, drugs can kill your liver - a hazard in the US to test on people).

link

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1