Captain Ewok

TOS Violations and Moderator Responses

1,018 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I mean you are right that there are times when it would be nice to keep a topic open, but it would be equally wrong to work the TOS to say, "you can request your topic be closed, however we may or may not do it for you". The TOS needs to be as uniform as possible; not always perfect I agree. What I am ok with however is closing a topic and splitting it if there was a topic in there outside of the OP's question that could stand alone. You could even start a new topic to discuss those off topic issues (just do not re-open to pick on the original OP or bypass a TOS issue).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I mean you are right that there are times when it would be nice to keep a topic open, but it would be equally wrong to work the TOS to say, "you can request your topic be closed, however we may or may not do it for you". The TOS needs to be as uniform as possible; not always perfect I agree. What I am ok with however is closing a topic and splitting it if there was a topic in there outside of the OP's question that could stand alone. You could even start a new topic to discuss those off topic issues (just do not re-open to pick on the original OP or bypass a TOS issue).

Great idea. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Please help me to understand which TOS is involved when a member repeatedly creates new aliases to attack someone without them knowing it was a specific VJ member..

Every time I think I understand the correct TOS violation I see its penalty as a Ban, but each time the member does it and is caught , they remain here...

Which # or #'s is it? 18, 11, 1?

Edited by ScottThuy

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

If someone creates a duplicate account to attack; their account will be suspended and the duplicate closed.

Registration. When you register to the Service, you must: (1) personally provide true, accurate and complete registration information on the registration form (collectively, the "Registration Data"), (2) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data as necessary to keep it true, accurate, current and complete, (3) fully read and agree to the entire TOS for VisaJourney.com, and (4) confirm and validate your email address as part of the registration process. As part of the registration process, you will be asked to select a username and password and you will be responsible for all activities occurring under your username and for keeping your password secure. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or VisaJourney.com has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, VisaJourney has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof). You may only register one account with the following exception: You may register a second account to Post information on the Forums that you perceive as personal and prefer not to be publicly associated with your first account. Registering additional accounts with the purpose of violating the TOS will result in the appropriate administrative action being applied to all registered accounts (as well as all duplicate accounts being terminated).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

• 5 months later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:P There are always exceptions for good behavior and circumstances...

RW9rF.gif

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

creepy. lol

• 9 months later...
Filed: Timeline

Can you add some sort of flag to a post so that users know when it has been reported? Often, a thread will be closed with the note, "Multiple TOS Violations" or "Several Reports", or "Topic under Review." This could be an excellent learning tool for the members to see what sort of posts are causing the most concern among the membership.

I think this is an excellent idea. If possible, the flag should only appear if a post gets more than a minimum number of reports (say, 2 or 3).

• 3 weeks later...

What happens when mods violate TOS?

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

What happens when mods violate TOS?

http://www.visajourney.com/contact/

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

2 posts removed and member thread banned for continuing a discussion that was earlier removed by a global mod.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Nothing happens when complaint againt a particular mod are made.

I would not name but all the time I have been on here one single mod has been banning ppl from the tread at his will. Mainly when someone says something against illegal immigrant.

I believe it was one of the TOS condition of the forum not to support illegal immigration.

So how does it work when mod has the soft corner for illegal immigrants?

Edited by Harsh_77

Filed: Timeline

One can oppose illegal immigration without speaking of illegal immigrants in a manner that can be viewed as demeaning.

Do try to remember that there are avenues in existing immigration law that allow for those without legal status to get legal status... and many of those individuals are members of this community.

You should be a moderator here. Really. You definitely have the maturity for it.