elmcitymaven

A question about the TOS

69 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

That said, this site has rules, that's what this thread is about. Should people outside of the admin be in the business of telling people to leave? Personally I don't think so, seems to me to fall under the definition of antagonism and troublemaking, especially if said person sends you abusive personal messages and leaves trash comments on your profile.

It looked like a suggestion to me, and while I was trying to be supportive of your situation, I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that perhaps that organizer that talks funny may be right. I have one more immigration event happening in less than two weeks, and after that, boredom alone would bring me back here. I don't see you, or most of that Facebook group contributing anything to this site's stated purpose, other than coordinated attacks on members here that they disagree with.

It looked like a suggestion to me, and while I was trying to be supportive of your situation, I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that perhaps that organizer that talks funny may be right. I have one more immigration event happening in less than two weeks, and after that, boredom alone would bring me back here. I don't see you, or most of that Facebook group contributing anything to this site's stated purpose, other than coordinated attacks on members here that they disagree with.

Reporting a member for TOS violations is not attacking them. Your language is practically Orwellian.

Yes.

Would you rather people limit to the report button their efforts to ensure repeated violators of TOS get addressed? If so, why?

Hell, no! These staged attempts at self-indignation are most entertaining. But, no matter how hard you try, you will never fill the shoes of the one most talented Mox.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't think you can offer a credible opinion on this subject when you are, quite pointedly, engaging in the anti social behaviours you are accusing others of. You're doing it even in the post above, since you are basically using subtle language to repeat the childish comments you made yesterday. You are part of the problem, Bill and you have little credibility to say otherwise. Anti social behaviours are a problem on these boards, but it's something that the admin is going to have to address, if there are any practical ways of doing this that haven't been tried already.

Timeline

Hell, no! These staged attempts at self-indignation are most entertaining. But, no matter how hard you try, you will never fill the shoes of the one most talented Mox.

There was nothing indignant in AJ's post. If anything you are being indignant, but that's just an observation.

What exactly do you want to see done on VJ?

What exactly do you want to see done on VJ?

Not my concern anymore. The site has served my purpose, and I will find other places to hang out. This is perhaps my last attempt to set things right before I leave, so that new members do not get treated the same way I did, the first time I wandered outside the confines of the regional forums.

Timeline

Not my concern anymore. The site has served my purpose, and I will find other places to hang out. This is perhaps my last attempt to set things right before I leave, so that new members do not get treated the same way I did, the first time I wandered outside the confines of the regional forums.

How do you set things right by claiming that a person you don't know anything about is gay?

Surely if you do indeed want things to change you should be setting some sort of model example. Yet everything you seem to do is backhanded and motivated by resentment.

We're in danger of going off on an unpleasant tangent here and I don't want to go down that road as i think the topic is a legitimate one and should be kept relatively respectful.

I think you're going way over the top, and drawing your own conclusions based on the fact that you are no longer a member there, therefore cannot see what is and what is not discussed.

You are free to leave, should you actually choose to do so, but at the end of the day, the 'I'm leaving' post on a MB is older than dirt, and more often than not, never really happens. The person who does this usually is doing it for attn, for the 'don't leave, we love you!' responses, and I always lol when I see these posts, and even more so when the person who said them comes back.

At the end of the day, the 'value' of a member is really not up for debate. What people do and don't contribute has nothing to do with any other member here. In the plain view in just revenue, each one of us who is no longer on a journey, but continues to post actually DOES add to the site. Furthermore, the commonality between all of us is that at ONE point, we each were on a journey, and used this site to navigate one of the most stressful parts of our lives. Friendships are formed; and while some may be able to simply 'walk away' after the fact, not everyone wants to do so....many want to continue to be a part of the community, and no one should have the cheek to imply or state otherwise.

Finally, if one is on a journey 5 years ago, the information that COULD be provided to a noob today may not even be applicable anymore.

Edited by Anita Cocktail

:lol: i didn't even see this until now. i should have known it was coming. :pop: ...good times. carry on.

oh captain, when you're done with this one: is it a TOS violation to coordinate a group effort off-site, to get a staff member in hot water? please keep in mind, the staff member in question was merely responding in kind to repeated personal attacks....but, i think you already knew that was happening. :)

Edited by SMOKE
7yqZWFL.jpg

:lol: i didn't even see this until now. i should have known it was coming. :pop: ...good times. carry on.

oh captain, when you're done with this one: is it a TOS violation to coordinate a group effort off-site, to get a staff member in hot water. please keep in mind, the staff member in question was merely responding in kind to repeated personal attacks?

No one forced him to violate TOS six times in the same thread.