16 posts in this topic

Im going to need all the vaccinations as I dont have any proof of the ones I got as a kid.

Where I'm from vaccinations are mandatory so I did get them all , or at least te majority.

Any tips on how to not end up spending $500 or more??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Lilly,

I gathered from here that the range for the medical is $95 (lowest I saw on VJ) - $630 (my friend paid for 4 vaccines). I personally paid $390 (that's with 2 vaccines and CS's fee). I had it in Indianapolis. The vaccines you will need will be determied by the CS. If you don't have a record of what you had (just like most of us), there are some vaccines that can be "signed off" by the CS even without proof. There are others that are not age-appropriate (geeze, I hope my memory serves me better here) and the flu vaccine that you won't need if it's not flu season.

There is also the option that you can have the vaccines from your local health clinic at much lower rates after the CS have determined them during your physical.

Hope this helps!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was in the same position, I received all the vaccinations but had no proof with me, so I had to get them all done again. There's really no way around it, sorry :( Mine cost $230. I think $500 is way out of order...Look for someone else!

event.png

How many jabs do you get if you have to get them all done?

Seems like so many?

The medical would cost me $200 at this one place and she said if you needed vaccines you'd pay around a $100 for each one!

Makes me wonder how many there are

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had 6 band-aids on my arms...plus the tb skin test. But honestly, my doctor was amazing and made it go super quick and there was a tad of pain but all in all, it wasnt so bad.

Don't worry, it will go well. You might feel light headed the rest of the day bc of all the shots, but it goes away quickly. I drove myself back from the clinic and was at the pool tanning an hour later so it wasnt a huge impedement to my usual everyday routine :rofl:

P.S. I recomend you call several doctors and tell them you need an all inclusive price for everything as you've no proof of receiving the shots as a child. Thats what I did. Local doctors gave me the runaround but I kept looking and found a doctor (who was an hour away by car) who understood the situation I was in, and offered me a price for everything. To me, it was worth the 65 miles drive to see a doctor who knew what the medical was about and could give me a clear price.

Also, keep in mind, most doctors only accept cash for I-693, so be sure you have that amount ready in cash.

Edited by la2011

event.png

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I would go to your local health clinic and speak to them about vaccines. It may be possible to just have blood tests done instead of some vaccines, such as the titer test (spelling?) which tests for chicken pox and measles immunity, and this may be enough proof that you have been vaccinated before. I know my titer test cost me about $18 which is alot cheaper than the Varicella immunization which would have costed $132. This might be a good way to get around the high costs of immunizatioons. I would just check that this is sufficient evidence etc.

You can go to the health dept for all the shots.. I got mine for $5 each (But I only needed one) and if you are anywhere near Bethlehem, PA, my CS charged me only $165 for a full medical! She was amazing :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

The CS may also be familiar with the vaccination rules in your country and may sign off on some of the shots. They can also check your blood for immunity (which does cost, but is better than getting every single shot again). The medical is 2 appointments. I would suggest to everyone to go to the first appointment, and TALK to the CS about what shots you need etc, and make a plan with him/her. Hopefully you don't need every single shot and you can get the ones you do need somewhere cheap. Our medical was $200. G0od luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

what type of visa are you adjustment your status from?? did you have your medical examination in your home country???

xQPW.jpg

For with God nothing will be impossible

Luke 1:37

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Vwp overstay , married to a USC.

I'm talking about my childhood vaccine records.

The medical I'll have here in the US

You need tp have your vaccines translated to English and if you need to know what you have had you can go to a local doc and have a serology test done and that will give you the answers of what vaccinations you have had.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

I had several update vaccinations. My T.B test came back as reactive (meaning I had come into contact with TB at some point in life) so;

With Vaccinations, CHEST XRAY, Blood tests and the check up itself, I think it was around $500? But we live on Long Island, so it's not exactly cheap...

I think you also have to get them translated so when you send them off.

2005: Met my wife online, "Habbo Hotel" instantly became friends.

2007: Lost contact with her, as we both lived thousands of miles away.

2010: Regained contact with her, again instantly became best friends.

~At this point we'd talked about visiting the others country~

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS TIMELINE

October 16th 2010: Landed at JFK INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL 2 under Visa Waiver Program.

October 17th 2010: Nicole (now my wife) took me to manhattan and treat me like no other.

November 13th 2010: Got Engaged!

December 17th 2010: We got married!

January 14th 2011: VISA EXPIRED (No AOS papers sent yet)

February 20th 2011: Filed for AOS (Sent in I-130 / I-864 / I-485)

March 7th 2011: Received NOA for I-130 / I-485

March 18th 2011: Biometrics taken

March 26th 2011: RFE MEDICAL

April 12th 2011: Medical Sent (ouch the needles)

April 18th 2011: Medical received my USCIS

April 30th 2011: I-765 (Employment Authorization Documentation) Sent

May 4th 2011: Rejection notice I-765 (I forgot to tick "applying for first card" at top of application)

May 9th 2011: New receipt for I-765 received

June 10th 2011: INTERVIEW DATE / JULY 13th 2011

June 15th 2011: EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

June 20th 2011: EAD CARD IN HAND

June 22nd 2011: SSN APPLIED

June 24th 2011: SSN IN HAND

July 13th 2011: Adjustment of Status Interview (A P P R O V E D)

July 13th 2011: Email confirmation Card Production Ordered

July 18th 2011: Second email confirmation Card Production Ordered (-.-)

July 19th 2011: Post Decision Activity

July 23rd 2011: Green Card Arrived!!!

Thanks..

Wow a lot of $!

Well I guess whatever has got to be done, got to be done.

Would it be ok if I translated it myself?

The lady at the health department in HOlland sent me a print screen of their records and I'm receiving the vaccine records in the mail too.. I guess that would be the little booklet thing.

It will save me some money hopefully!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.