TJ01212011

I'm whining! I want my NOA2 and I'm a March filer!

122 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

K-1 visa for gail and John -- Canada. but every other update is for a week prior. I expect this weekend to dramatically change the NVC. I expect hte stack of visa is getting high. And there is no hiding the fact anymore, the call volume is going way up. USCIS is approving 450,000 applications a month.(about 5,500 k-1 visas with CSC approving 3,500 in May) And the CSC runs two complete shifts. This means there is at least 225,000 cases in backlog if not more. If it is not fixed soon and CSC has to start re-certificating applications, it is not going to be good. Because that is a snowball effect in causing massive workload.

my 15 days in next tuesday, so you can believe I will be sending a scanned copy of my document to inquire. Just hope the beaver dam breaks soon.....

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

K-1 visa for gail and John -- Canada. but every other update is for a week prior. I expect this weekend to dramatically change the NVC. I expect hte stack of visa is getting high. And there is no hiding the fact anymore, the call volume is going way up. USCIS is approving 450,000 applications a month.(about 5,500 k-1 visas with CSC approving 3,500 in May) And the CSC runs two complete shifts. This means there is at least 225,000 cases in backlog if not more. If it is not fixed soon and CSC has to start re-certificating applications, it is not going to be good. Because that is a snowball effect in causing massive workload.

my 15 days in next tuesday, so you can believe I will be sending a scanned copy of my document to inquire. Just hope the beaver dam breaks soon.....

I could see that happening.. Though I also could also see the NVC thinking that the USCIS is about as caught up as it is going to get (no more two months of catching up possible) so as long as they slog through at their current capacity they will max out at about 40-50 days wait out and then work it back down over the course of about 4-5 months. I'm not seeing any government agency hiring part time workers to handle a bulge in paperwork with the current budget climate even if it is self funded.

On a selfish note - I am about where I would have been anyway if the USCIS would have approved me at five months because in the end there was a funnel that can only handle people at the "old rate" - I had to wait for all those people ahead of me that were approved and waiting. Whatever the NVCs maximum efficient capacity is I hope is what they are trying to do.. I'd rather the traffic flow through at the speed limit than have a bunch of cars sitting in rush hour traffic going nowhere - which is what I was doing for the last month.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.