gretchen_darren

visa interview and fiancee age

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If your fiancee is taking a copy of the I-129F then the birth cert is there...no worries as long as you have all the docs they require and the docs/proof you have already submitted.

Still kind of odd that they passed her without the tax returns as that is one of the things they want. I doubt they are using that to prove the petitioner is single...but, from what I've read the CFO will.

:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Here is what I know:

If you are 18 or younger, you MUST have a parent present at the US Embassy. PERIOD. Marasol is about 3 to 4 months younger then Gretchen.

a couple of questions to members, can a person under 18 be issued a K-1 Visa? if so, I can see that a parent would need to be present at the interview. where does it state that an 18 year has to have a parent present at a visa interview? also curious why a CO would ask for a copy of petitioner's birth certificate when one is included in the original 129F petition.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

a couple of questions to members, can a person under 18 be issued a K-1 Visa? if so, I can see that a parent would need to be present at the interview. where does it state that an 18 year has to have a parent present at a visa interview? also curious why a CO would ask for a copy of petitioner's birth certificate when one is included in the original 129F petition.

A person can't marry under the age of 18 in the Philippines.

Here's one to read....

Parents' Consent or Advice:

Under Philippine law, the legal age for marriage is 18. If the contracting parties are between the ages of 18 and 21, they must present written consent to the marriage from their father, mother or legal guardian. Any contracting party between the age of 22 and 25 must present written parental advice, i.e., a written indication that the parents are aware of the couple's intent to marry.

I doubt someone under age 18 can get a K-1 visa.

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

...can a person under 18 be issued a K-1 Visa?

I doubt someone under age 18 can get a K-1 visa.

I haven't noticed anyone under 18 getting a K-1 Fiancée visa. Even if they were approved, I wonder if the CFO would issue them a sticker.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.