la2011

Now that I've sent my AOS packet...

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Affidavits - like letters from other people? How about from his family? Do you visit or do they? I giggle a little when folks create a freaking binder of stuff to send - like when you send bills - don't send every bill from every month for 3 yrs - Just send 1 from every yr - as long as you prove yearly you're still together at the same address, that's all they care about.

We sent bill samples, letter from the bank, paystubs showing we deposited into the same accounts and the deed to our house and tax transcripts.Nothing too crazy. 2 letters from my husband's mother and his best friend.

Enjoy your time no matter what!

( sorry didn't mean to hijac the thread or anything ! )

Yea the letter from people saying they know your relation to be true bla bla. His parents rarely if ever visit they have no money and my husband refuses to go visit them because of family issues. One of our close friends just moved to Colorado and she doesn't feel like writing one anymore and I asked another set of close friends but have not had a response as of yet if they will write something for me! I have been collecting from every few months yes, also got a deployment order and copyed some mail he mailed me from out there too. We have A LOT Of stuff from our house/insurance things, not much for bills because they wouldn't put my name on the address part even though i'm on the account. Thinking on it actually his mother did make a really short trip in May to visit, I put some pictures in that I took while she was visiting I could probably get her to write something IF she responds to me lol. Honestly I wish we had a better relation with his parents they are nice people! heres a list LOL

Copy of the green card front and back of x--- x--- x---.

Copy of x--- x--- x--- Spousal Military ID card.

Copy of x--- x--- x--- and x--- x--- x--- driver licenses.

Copy of print out from joint bank account.

Copy of Voided check from joint check book.

Copies of 1st and 2nd year Savings certificates showing both names and survivor-ship.

Copy of joint credit cards.

Copy of joint IRS tax transcripts for 2009 and 2010.

Copy of life insurance showing x--- x--- x--- as spousal beneficiary.

Copy of medical starting in 2009 and medical bills showing Sponsor and Beneficiary.

Copies of joint car insurance.

Copies of Car Renewal pink slips. ( showing the new address )

Copy of Home Owner Policy.

Copy of Home Owner Insurance.

Copy of Active Loan Mortgage Statement.

Copy of Mortgage Payments.

Copy of Property Tax in both names.

Copy of Deed with both names.

Copy of IRS first time home buyers credit in both names.

Copy of Valuation Change in both names.

Letter from State Congress person to x--- House Hold.

Copies of utility bills in both names.

Vonage Phone Bill in both names.

Verizon phone bills showing shared family plan with both names.

Boarding Passes to Family trip to visit In-laws in Spokane.

Itinerary and photographs from Family trip to Spokane to visit in-laws.

Photos from 1st anniversary with mailer from photographer.

Copy of painters contract for our home in both names.

Copy of construction contract for our home in both names.

Various cards,mail and bills in both names.

- added deployment orders and mail from him

- added a few other papers as well from our escrow refund we got n stuff!

Its not THAT thick lol a little less than an inch maybe? But again my husband is not here or anything so feel I need to back it up even more since he has spent more time deployed than in the US with me. But kinda don't feel that i " need " the affidavits lol

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG I think you have plenty of evidence for ROC!

Affidavits are really not that important, apparently, from what people who have spoken to Immigration Officers have said...What they want is proof of financial co-mingling which you clearly have.

Sometimes its hard to get support in the form of affidavits or co-sponsorship. All that matters is that you have proof that you are still very much a married couple.

And I dont mind you hijacking my thread at all :rofl: I always find it strange when people get all territorial :wow: , this is a PUBLIC board meant to discuss and discussions take all kinds of directions! :luv:

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG I think you have plenty of evidence for ROC!

Affidavits are really not that important, apparently, from what people who have spoken to Immigration Officers have said...What they want is proof of financial co-mingling which you clearly have.

Sometimes its hard to get support in the form of affidavits or co-sponsorship. All that matters is that you have proof that you are still very much a married couple.

And I dont mind you hijacking my thread at all :rofl: I always find it strange when people get all territorial :wow: , this is a PUBLIC board meant to discuss and discussions take all kinds of directions! :luv:

well... it IS uscis after all! hard to tell whats enough with them LOL. I would hope our life savings, our home and insurance and health care would be good but maybe they actually want the first born child to be mailed to them :devil: which we would be screwed cus we have no kids! LOL I even included a picture and story with it of the family tradition we have! Theres a pottery place in nova scotia that hand makes and paints plates and they put names and wedding dates or babys and births on them and our family orders them for weddings and births for each other its been a tradition in our family for a while and we were sent one as a gift for our wedding! Hopefully the adjucator we get actually has a heart :rofl:

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.