numpty

my wife is a student and doesnt work/pay taxes. can she request me?

19 posts in this topic

Is it possible to do what? What is your wife's status in the US?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

im already in the US well past my visa; i've been working and paying taxes using an ITIN for a couple of years. i also have friends with good incomes that could sign affidavits for me.

is it possible? check with a lawyer?

a little more background please...

YMMV

Filed: Timeline

im already in the US well past my visa; i've been working and paying taxes using an ITIN for a couple of years. i also have friends with good incomes that could sign affidavits for me.

is it possible? check with a lawyer?

You need to provide good information about your situation if you want a good answer.

Is your wife a US citizen or LPR?

What visa did you enter the US on? Do you still have the I-94?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from K3 to AOS from Tourist visa... as OP is already in the USA *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

sorry about the lack of info.

- is it possible for her request me for a green card and so on

- she was born here

- we entered as tourists. no idea this "I-94".

Again, more information needed to give an answer and "so on."

Who is the "we" that entered the US as tourists? You've only mentioned you and your US citizen wife? The US citizen would not enter the country as a tourist.

How did you enter the US? What passport did you enter the US with?

There is a petition process for the spouse of a US citizen, not a request.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey ! - welcome to VJ !

We've a GUIDES section here - so when you have time,

log on again, on a PC,

click the word 'GUIDES' at the top,

choose the guide you need based on marital status and location,

and go forth.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Again, more information needed to give an answer and "so on."

Who is the "we" that entered the US as tourists? You've only mentioned you and your US citizen wife? The US citizen would not enter the country as a tourist.

How did you enter the US? What passport did you enter the US with?

There is a petition process for the spouse of a US citizen, not a request.

- We as in my family(mother and brother)

- We entered as tourists. I'm from Argentina

sorry about the lack of info.

- is it possible for her request me for a green card and so on

- she was born here

- we entered as tourists. no idea this "I-94".

The I-94 is the arrival/departure document when you entered the US as a tourist. It is your proof of legal entry into the US.

In order for your US citizen spouse to petition for you and for you to adjust your status, you will need proof that you entered legally. If you do not have proof that you entered legally, your petition to adjust your status could be denied because a person cannot adjust his/her status if she entered illegally.

Timeline

So - did you peruse the Guides Section?

Suggest you grab a PC, log on, have another look - yer experience whilst being on a mobile phone can be painful, for navigating the site.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Your spouse can petition for you. Once you become a US citizen you can petition for your mother and brother.

You must be a green card holder for 3 years in order to apply for citizenship. It will likely be 4+ years at the earliest before you can petition for your mom. Brother will take longer.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

[silent note to Ahn Map - he's out of status, as well as his Mother and brother - unknown for what THEY will do, but his path to a greencard is clear]

Timeline

[silent note to Ahn Map - he's out of status, as well as his Mother and brother - unknown for what THEY will do, but his path to a greencard is clear]

Agreed, if the legal entry can be proved then the path exists. Without the proof, it's a tough road ahead.

As a side note, in order for your wife to sponsor you, she will need to prove she can support you. If you say she isn't working or paying taxes, that isn't likely...unless she has assets that she can use. Otherwise, you will need to find someone to co-sponsor you. The guides should help you there as well.

10/26/03 Met in Yahoo chat room
06-2004 Glyn flies to Boston for 2 week holiday with me in White Mountains
06/07/2006- HE PROPOSES!!
12/13/2006- Glyn and Simon the best man fly in for wedding.
December 16,2006- Happiest day of my life
12/25/2006- Best and worst Christmas ever. Glyn flies back to England at 6 pm Christmas Night.
02/19/2007- UK spousal visa approved in NY after only 4 days.
March 2,2007- Reunited in England with Glyn.
01/21/2008-mailed I-130 to USCIS in London
01/24/2008-NOA1
04/13/2008-Panic. RFE received
April 17, 2008-Mailed off again.
April 22, 2008-NOA2 received dated April 21, 2008.
April 26, 2008-Packet 3 received
April 28, 2008-Mailed off DS-230
May06,2008-Packet 3 sent
May 08, 2008-Medical scheduled
May 22,2008-Packet 4 received
June 03,2008-Interview APPROVED!!!!!

June 04, 2008-Visa in hand
June 20, 2008-Shippers come for our things.
June 25, 2008-Flying to the USA
November 15, 2010-Sent off VERY late I-751 along with many prayers.
04/09/2011-10 year GC arrives in mail.
09/08/2011-Glyn leaves for UK
01/30/2012-Biometrics for UK spousal & dependent visas sent out w/ application same day
02/24/2012-UK settlement visas issued

04/16/2013-I-130 sent off-----04/19/2013 NOA1

05/15/2013-NOA2

Never received packet 3 although it was mailed to us on May 29th

07/17/2013-Sent off packet 3 after finally getting ALL our documents together

08/19/2013-Medical scheduled (there were earlier appointments but unfortunately, we couldn't get there for them due to hubby's work)

09/24/2013-Interview APPROVED

11/01/2013-POE BOSTON

01/13/2014-10 Year green card received

03/09/2019- Sent I-130 to Chicago lock box for step-son

03/20/2019- NOA 1

08/10/2019-NOA 2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.