웃

Saudi: You break law we chop your head off!

181 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Saudi beheads man for attack on woman(AP) – 2 hours ago

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) — Saudi authorities have beheaded a man convicted of attacking a woman and snapping nude photos of her in order to blackmail her for sex.

A Saudi Interior Ministry statement carried in national papers Saturday says the man broke into the woman's apartment and attacked her husband before turning on the woman. It was not clear when the attack took place.

The statement says the assailant, who was not identified, was beheaded with a single sword stroke Friday.

Saudi Arabia follows a strict interpretation of Islam under which people convicted of murder, drug trafficking, rape and armed robbery can be executed — usually with a sword.

According to an Associated Press count, Saudi Arabia has executed 31 people so far this year. The kingdom executed 27 people last year.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hXV0LuvI-ft6b8o8vlReLev34CSA?docId=6b58cd2698f145f89f1d30c47acdcd25

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

anybody know suadi's crime rate compared to the us?

I think in the entire country there are a very small amount of murders...10 to 40 a year maybe but that is just from memory...so don't quote me!

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

According to Wikipedia the average # of intentional homicides per 100,000 is 7.6

USA has 5 per 100,000

Saudi has .9 per 100,000

Countries in South and Central America have the worst homicide rates (per 100,000):

El Salvador 71

Honduras 67

Guatemala 52

Venezuela 49

Colombia 35

Panama 24

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Timeline

I think in the entire country there are a very small amount of murders...10 to 40 a year maybe but that is just from memory...so don't quote me!

i'd like to see one of our resident statistic guy's to post a side-by side comparision. IMO the article makes a clear statement. 'you wanna keep you head or your hand? don't be knockin off in saudi.'

7yqZWFL.jpg

Timeline

i'd like to see one of our resident statistic guy's to post a side-by side comparision. IMO the article makes a clear statement. 'you wanna keep you head or your hand? don't be knockin off in saudi.'

Total crimes in the US is somewhere around 3,500 to 4,000 crimes per 100,000 people...

Saudi had a rate of 387 crimes per 100,000 in 2002..

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Death penalty advocates step forward and represent!!!!! This was a sick crime but is execution ever appropriate?

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

interesting: http://www.nationmas...ss_percap-crime pick a catagory in the greenish box, upper center of the page. hmm we may be handling crime wrong here in the US.

Guess not (we are neck and neck with ZIMBABWE!)

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

isn't it interesting that so many first world countries w/ 'sympathetic & humane' justice systems have similiar crime rates as basically lawless counties?

We need to find the middle ground. Here we are too sympathetic. There they probably just shoot you within a day of being detained. Maybe we can have jail time as an option the first 2 offenses, and then on the 3rd strike chop their head off!

Edited by Lord Infamous

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

We need to find the middle ground. Here we are too sympathetic. There they probably just shoot you within a day of being detained. Maybe we can have jail time as an option the first 2 offenses, and then on the 3rd strike chop their head off!

We need to bring back chain gangs and hard labour. Jail is Hell but we need to combine tougher penalties along with education and early diversion programs. Keep the young ones from going bad, make it easier for people who screw up to get back on their feet and we won't have to deal building bigger and more expensive facilities for incarceration. We need to attack the problem on two fronts.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

anybody know suadi's crime rate compared to the us?

i'd bet they don't have as many repeat offenders as the us does.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!