JS30

Processing K1 but wins DVlottery

23 posts in this topic

I am a 2004 dv winner.

you need to get a letter saying you are a winner, than you need to check your DV number and if it has a chance

100,000 letters are sent but only 100,000 G.C are issued (me and my ex wife and two kids took 4 on one number so high number never gets processed)

In 2005 ,when I actually got my G.C numbers above the mid 30-40,000 had a very little chance (my number was in the 18,000 and I got my G.C only in April and the last G.C issued in September.

If you have the letter in hand and your number is low and you only starting your K1 application, only than I'd continue with the DV.

If not, continue with the K1 process.

Good luck

As of this year, no more letters are sent - applicants have to go online to check if they were selected by using their confirmation number they received when submitting electronic entry.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Country: Portugal
Timeline

I'm not sure I understand the part about the DV lottery. Do you mean "applying to the DV while already engaged/married"? Why would it be fraud?

I don't understand either which is why I am rechecking all the info I've gotten at the call center, website and other sites as well as here- with a lawyer. I've just gotten too much misinfo. Their explanation was that if you have an existing relationship and are trying to enter the country for that reason entering for any other reason on any other visa or winning a DV is fraud because your main aim is to be with that person, not work, study, be a part of diversity etc. I apologize for pulling the conversation off topic but I felt it deserved mentioning since they were so adamant.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Marc Ellis said that filing for the DV lottery is fine while you are filing for a K1. My husbands presence in the US increases its diversity no matter what visa he uses. Both have immigrant intent and both allow him to be married to a USC. Don't forget the phone clerks are known as the misinformation line.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Country: Portugal
Timeline

Don't forget the phone clerks are known as the misinformation line.

I had never heard this before. It amazes me that anyone gets anything done with all this confusing info. Other than this website are there other wealths of information a person could go to to check into DV filing while applying for a K 1? If this isn't actually fraud it opens up more opportunities for myself and my fiance.

Who is Marc Ellis?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

If you are from Ghana DO NOT make any decisions based on the DV lottery for 2012! A computer error caused them to notify the wrong people as winners. So they are going to have to pick over again. You can read about it here:

http://ghana.usembassy.gov/dvlottery.html

Psalm 20:5

1/01/2007 - First date

2/04/2010 - I-129F sent

2/08/2010 - NOA1

3/30/2010 - NOA2 Approved!!

4/07/2010 - NVC received

5/12/2010 - Packet picked up/interview date assigned

10/25/2010 - Finally back in Ghana to visit!

11/01/2010 - Interview--mostly positive, but consular officer requires cosponsor

11/24/2010 - 3rd appt.--Finally have all documents in. Result-Administrative Processing! Consulate says they will contact my fiance

05/18/2011 - Admin processing complete! Babs is asked to appear at the embassy on the 25th.

05/25/2011 - En route to the embassy, Babs is robbed on the roadside. His passport and other papers are all stolen. After filling out a police report, he arrives at the embassy a little late, and they allow him in to speak to the CO, even though he has no valid ID. Thank God! The CO gives him another appointment on June 15th, to bring a new passport and also an updated police certificate.

06/14/2011 - New passport (expedited) ready.

06/15/2011 - The CO finds a missing stamp on the new passport. Sends Babs back to the passport office and tells him to return in the afternoon. All is taken care of. VISA APPROVED!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!

06/24/2011 - Visa pick up date--told to return on the 30th.

06/30/2011 - Babs returns but doesn't get the visa. Back in AP!

10/05/2011 - Embassy brings Babs back with updated medical. Approved!! CO sets pick-up for only 2 days away, so as not to delay him any longer.

10/07/2011 - VISA IN HAND!!

If you are from Ghana DO NOT make any decisions based on the DV lottery for 2012! A computer error caused them to notify the wrong people as winners. So they are going to have to pick over again. You can read about it here:

http://ghana.usembassy.gov/dvlottery.html

They were already redrawn a few days ago.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I had never heard this before. It amazes me that anyone gets anything done with all this confusing info. Other than this website are there other wealths of information a person could go to to check into DV filing while applying for a K 1? If this isn't actually fraud it opens up more opportunities for myself and my fiance.

Who is Marc Ellis?

Marc Ellis is one of the better known immigration lawyers and is used by a lot of couples who have problematic immigation paths. The clerks on the immigration phone lines are not well trained and have a habit of saying things that are terribly wrong.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

DV Lottery winner notification is no more through mail(Post Office mail). You will have keep your confirmation page information well. Your number, year of birth and your name are most vital for checking whether you won or not. if you win you will be directed on the website as to what you must do next to proceed with everything. Please don't wait for letter to drop in mail box, go to http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/ and check your results.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.