one...two...tree

Top 25 fastest-growing cities in the U.S.

41 posts in this topic

Timeline

It would help. good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

For sure. I was talking to someone from I think it was New Jersey that moved down here recently and I had to actually have her repeat several times different things to understand what she said. Well maybe after time she will learn to speak more of our language.blink.gif

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

For sure. I was talking to someone from I think it was New Jersey that moved down here recently and I had to actually have her repeat several times different things to understand what she said. Well maybe after time she will learn to speak more of our language.blink.gif

From my time in El Paso I learned that Texans greatly appreciate someone who speaks English clearly. I could see the way people looked at me when I spoke. I had no idea the people of the Great State of Texas liked listening to arrogant a-holes. rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

From my time in El Paso I learned that Texans greatly appreciate someone who speaks English clearly. I could see the way people looked at me when I spoke. I had no idea the people of the Great State of Texas liked listening to arrogant a-holes. rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

At least I am sure you made an effort to learn to speak our language.good.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Stop talking about Paul like that.

:lol:

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

we don't - that's why we're glad the interstates go east, west, and north. :devil:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

At least I am sure you made an effort to learn to speak our language.good.gif

I just muttered Jethro Pugh and something about Clint Longley being the anti-Christ and they seemed to accept me. tongue.gif

Stop talking about Paul like that.

:lol:

No comment. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

IR5

Timeline

we don't - that's why we're glad the interstates go east, west, and north. :devil:

The I-35 goes to Kansas, doesn't it? tongue_ss.gif

IR5

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

I was in El Paso just to "walk without being questioned or searched over a bridge freely into Juarez, Mexico". So I was only there for about an hour. I could have been carrying drugs, bombs, guns, or been a fugitive and I would have walked straight into Mexico without a problem...

Went to a supermarket in El Paso that had a bank inside to change some currency. Everyone in the store (well over 85%) were Mexicans! From the bank tellers to the cashiers in the grocery line.

There was a nice long line to get to the bank teller (as I have noticed is very common at all my banking experiences in Mexico vs. "maybe" 1 or 2 people in front of me in US banks). The bank teller actually greeted every single person in Spanish (and there were at least 6 or 7 people ahead of me). I found it very odd since we were "technically" in the USA.

I visited a friend in Kentucky and I couldn't understand a damn thing his grandparents were saying in English. I would open my ears and try as hard as possible to understand with no success. They speak really bad English. Not sure bout dem Texans tho, only speriances I done had been at da ear-ports.

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

I was in El Paso just to "walk without being questioned or searched over a bridge freely into Juarez, Mexico". So I was only there for about an hour. I could have been carrying drugs, bombs, guns, or been a fugitive and I would have walked straight into Mexico without a problem...

Went to a supermarket in El Paso that had a bank inside to change some currency. Everyone in the store (well over 85%) were Mexicans! From the bank tellers to the cashiers in the grocery line.

There was a nice long line to get to the bank teller (as I have noticed is very common at all my banking experiences in Mexico vs. "maybe" 1 or 2 people in front of me in US banks). The bank teller actually greeted every single person in Spanish (and there were at least 6 or 7 people ahead of me). I found it very odd since we were "technically" in the USA.

I visited a friend in Kentucky and I couldn't understand a damn thing his grandparents were saying in English. I would open my ears and try as hard as possible to understand with no success. They speak really bad English. Not sure bout dem Texans tho, only speriances I done had been at da ear-ports.

They speak English rather poorly in Kentucky, do they? tongue.gif El Paso is not really Mexico but it's not really the USA, it is a very odd place. yes.gifyes.gifyes.gif

IR5

Timeline

See, I knew you understood to speak our language.good.gif

The Tom Landry crucifix didn't hurt. laughing.gif When you're right, you're Rayfield Wright. tongue.gif

IR5

Timeline

The I-35 goes to Kansas, doesn't it? tongue_ss.gif

and canada too!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

and canada too!

Minnesota's part of Canada? I knew Bachmann was ineligible to run for president.. tongue.gif

IR5

Timeline

Minnesota's part of Canada? I knew Bachmann was ineligible to run for president.. tongue.gif

close enough, they can walk from there :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

close enough, they can walk from there :hehe:

Who are you supposed to be, Steven?tongue_ss.gif Do you want extra hummus with your tofu burger? tongue_ss.gif

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5