3t3rnal

I-134, will i be fine with this set up???

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

A lil about me, single & never married with no dependents, other than my soon to be wifey.

ATM, I'm on unemployment benefits (got outta military this past april) and going to resume school again this coming fall with my GI Bill. I have around $15k saved up from my past 3 or so years in the military, and for the past 3 years I've brought around 20-22k per year on income tax (so I know I'll be good on the 125% guideline for past income or whatever for a family of 2). The only thing I'm worried about is that I'm unemployed and will be going back to school.

My parents have already given me the okay that they'll co-sponsor me, but the only thing I'm worried about with their co-sponsorship is that my parents filed jointly and they make around $33k for a family of 6, so add in the beneficiary and the guideline says for a family of 7, they're suppose to bring in $37k...they're short arnd $4k or so.

So I'm wondering if I'll be okay with their co-sponsorship + my savings? Also does life insurance count as a liable asset, since the i134 does ask for it, and even though I'm done with active duty atm, I'm doing some guard time (also pending paid school/training, that could last from 6months-2years, since I changed my job in the military) atm to fullfill my 4 or so more years of inactive w/e, and I still have my military life insurance going ($400k), so would that count as an asset as well since i134 does ask for life insurance? thank you guys

I feel my noa2 getting close with igor's list inching towards may filers and my status getting a date update on uscis site (so crossfingers and hopefully they're starting my background checks, etc), just getting some jitterbugs on the next steps to take.

Every minute felt like an eternity time, clearly as if it had malicious intent, slowly ebbing away from me. I clenched my teeth, and keeping myself from crying was the only thing I could do…

-5cm/s

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.