^_^

S&P: United States of America 'AAA/A-1+' Ratings Placed On CreditWatch Negative On Rising Risk Of Policy Stalemate

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Actually, Big Dog does bring up an interesting point, one I had not considered before.

If government decides to not take your money, then I continue to insist that is not government spending.

But if government decides to give you a 'refund' in excess of your total tax liability, that is government spending. Because you're not just keeping your money, your getting additional money you didn't actually earn.

that makes sense to me.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
...we could sit here and say that all of our government programs should just be converted into the tax code and then we can sit here and pretend that the US government is not running over 4 trillion dollars worth of programs.

You may have stumbled upon the solution we've all been looking for!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's not government spending when the government takes your tax dollar and gives it to someone else - either a person or a business - in the form of a tax credit that results in a negative tax liability for the recipient?

Negative tax liability - yes. Reduced tax liability? No.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It's not government spending when the government takes your tax dollar and gives it to someone else - either a person or a business - in the form of a tax credit that results in a negative tax liability for the recipient?

on eic, yes, i agree. that's what happens when i think i've answered the entire post - my answer was about the first part. :blush:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So, you're fine with the government dictating what activity to engage in to lower your tax liability?

Sure, it doesn't mean they are giving me money. I'm giving them less.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg