LuvIllinois

Devastated right now, we are in Administrative Processing

30 posts in this topic

I think I've heard some good news. I called DoS again this morning (thanks to you guys and what you think may have happened! :yes: ) and the gentlemen I spoke to this morning did NOT mention the words Administrative Processing...he didn't really say what it was really. He said, "when did you last call?" I explained I called on Friday that I had called and was told I was in Administrative Processing and that I wanted to get a head start on any issues now if that was the case. He then said, "well, there really aren't any issues, Montreal just has a lot of cases at the momemnt so they haven't gotten around to printing it out yet, so just wait to hear from them".

I really hope all of you were right on this one! That would be awesome. I'll still worry until I hear more (as it's my nature, LOL) but at least it's promising.

Started LDR with hubby July '04, married Nov '06

He moved and became permanent resident of Canada Nov '07

Now, we want to move back to his hometown in Illinois!

Filed DCF for IR1 Visa

I-130 sent to Toronto Embassy: September 12, 2010

Initial approval at Toronto Embassy: November 19, 2010

Packet 3 rec'd January 28, 2011

Packet 4 rec'd March 21, 2011

Medical May 16, 2011

Interview July 12, 2011 - Approved!

Visa/Passport picked up DHL July 22, 2011

POE date August 26, 2011

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

:thumbs:

I think I've heard some good news. I called DoS again this morning (thanks to you guys and what you think may have happened! :yes: ) and the gentlemen I spoke to this morning did NOT mention the words Administrative Processing...he didn't really say what it was really. He said, "when did you last call?" I explained I called on Friday that I had called and was told I was in Administrative Processing and that I wanted to get a head start on any issues now if that was the case. He then said, "well, there really aren't any issues, Montreal just has a lot of cases at the momemnt so they haven't gotten around to printing it out yet, so just wait to hear from them".

I really hope all of you were right on this one! That would be awesome. I'll still worry until I hear more (as it's my nature, LOL) but at least it's promising.

March 1999 - Met online

July 5th, 2001 - Met in person

December 19, 2003 - Got engaged

September 26, 2004 - Got married in Canada and husband (USC) becomes a PR

July 5, 2007 - Our daughter Samantha is born

April 5th, 2011 - I-130 Submitted to Toronto Consulate

April 29th, 2011 - Interview at Toronto Consulate

June 8th, 2011 - Packet 3 received via email

June 9th, 2011 - Packet 3 returned via Expresspost overnight

June 13th, 2011 - Packet 3 received by Consulate

June 16th, 2011 - Packet 3 Logged

June 16th, 2011 - Packet 4 Dated

June 22nd, 2011 - Packet 4 Logged

September 12, 2011 - Medical in Toronto

September 29, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!

? - Visa Received

? - POE

I've spoke with this guy is is very helpful! :yes:

:dance::wow::dance:

After all that...I just got my DHL email to say that my passport is on it's way!!! Woohoo! Thanks to all of you that eased my mind, hearing those dreaded words really worried me.

Filed DCF for IR1 Visa

Medical May 16, 2011

POE date August 26, 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

After all that...I just got my DHL email to say that my passport is on it's way!!! Woohoo! Thanks to all of you that eased my mind, hearing those dreaded words really worried me.

Happy for you, you must be pretty relieved now :)

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats! So happy for you. :dance:

March 1999 - Met online

July 5th, 2001 - Met in person

December 19, 2003 - Got engaged

September 26, 2004 - Got married in Canada and husband (USC) becomes a PR

July 5, 2007 - Our daughter Samantha is born

April 5th, 2011 - I-130 Submitted to Toronto Consulate

April 29th, 2011 - Interview at Toronto Consulate

June 8th, 2011 - Packet 3 received via email

June 9th, 2011 - Packet 3 returned via Expresspost overnight

June 13th, 2011 - Packet 3 received by Consulate

June 16th, 2011 - Packet 3 Logged

June 16th, 2011 - Packet 4 Dated

June 22nd, 2011 - Packet 4 Logged

September 12, 2011 - Medical in Toronto

September 29, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!

? - Visa Received

? - POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Awesome news!

I was really worried about this, so I decided to start calling DOS early. DOS told me to e-mail the consulate as they had "Not approved" our visa yet. That scared me shitty so I e-mailed them, got a blanket responder e-mail saying "we will not tell you anything about the status of your visa." So then I got scared that they were going to yell, but I got a nice little e-mail this morning.

Good Morning,

Your visa has been issued, please allow a few days for us to print it and then send it.

Have you registered for DHL in order to received your passport and visa back? If not, please read the instructions below. If yes, disregard this information, your visa should be on its way very shortly.

Awesome news!

I was really worried about this, so I decided to start calling DOS early. DOS told me to e-mail the consulate as they had "Not approved" our visa yet. That scared me shitty so I e-mailed them, got a blanket responder e-mail saying "we will not tell you anything about the status of your visa." So then I got scared that they were going to yell, but I got a nice little e-mail this morning.

If I could take anything away from this is, be patient and don't do anything too early, LOL If I had just waited one week and not called DoS, I wouldn't have freaked out. I know it's a long process and we are just as eager as everyone to tie up loose ends and get going, but calling that one day and talking to DoS, really messed up my weekend!

Filed DCF for IR1 Visa

Medical May 16, 2011

POE date August 26, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Luvn, when was your interview??

So happy your passport is on its way!

My fiance had her interview last Monday (July 11) and we received an email back this past Friday morning that visa had been approved and should have been printed on Friday....they asked us to be patient.

This was the actual email-

"The visa should be printed today, it has been approved but hasn’t left our office as it must be cleared in our system

as done with every case. I’ll keep you posted.

Thank you for your continued patience."

SOooooo needless to say, both my fiance and I are logging into visa site every single day, probably every hour haha....expecting to see a waybill number so we can track it!

Hate the wait!!! She is in Toronto and I am down in Florida now (just moved from NY) so the distance SUCKS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Great news! Congratulations. kicking.gif

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Luvn, when was your interview??

So happy your passport is on its way!

My fiance had her interview last Monday (July 11) and we received an email back this past Friday morning that visa had been approved and should have been printed on Friday....they asked us to be patient.

This was the actual email-

"The visa should be printed today, it has been approved but hasn’t left our office as it must be cleared in our system

as done with every case. I’ll keep you posted.

Thank you for your continued patience."

SOooooo needless to say, both my fiance and I are logging into visa site every single day, probably every hour haha....expecting to see a waybill number so we can track it!

Hate the wait!!! She is in Toronto and I am down in Florida now (just moved from NY) so the distance SUCKS.

My interview was Tuesday 12. The only email I received was from DHL, nothing from the Embassy. Good luck and hope that you have a waybill number very soon!

Do they ship these next day air? Or they are sent ground delivery adding another few days to someplace like Winnipeg?

I have no idea but when I got my email late Tuesday night, it said it left Dorval. This morning, I got a phone call from DHL that it had arrived and the waybill tracking showed that it was in my location. I'm about 8 hour drive from Montreal so it's possible to have been either in my case.

Filed DCF for IR1 Visa

Medical May 16, 2011

POE date August 26, 2011

Congrats! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Jan 21 2011 sent I-129F package to Dallas lockbox - they lost it
Mar 22 2011 - Sent I-129F package to Dallas lockbox second time
May 2 2011 - NOA1 at CSC
July 15 2011 - NOA2!!!
July 21 2011 - Hardcopy of NOA2 received in mail
Aug 9 2011 - Case forwarded to Montreal
Sep 7 2011 - Packet 4 sent from embassy
Oct 27 2011 - Interview
Nov 12 2011 - Intended POE VISA delayed due to typo on son's name at the consulate
Nov 22 2011 - Picked up Visa
Nov 26 2011 - New intended POE date
Dec 10 2011 - Wedding

Jan 12 2012 - Sent AOS package
Feb 1 2012 - They send rejection notice, they lost a signature page
Feb 4 2012 - Resent package
Feb 14 2012 - NOA2
Feb 22 2012 - NOA3
March 21 2012 - Biometrics
March 30 2012 - NOA4
May 16 2012 - Interview date

April 2014 - application for I751 Removal of Conditions
May 7 2014 - NOA for notice of receipt and extension letter received
May 8 2014- Verification of inclusion of a dependent letter received
Not dated but in May - letter requesting interview received
July 10 2014 - ASC appointment notice for biometrics received

July 24 2014 Biometrics appointment

Jan 22 2015 - USCIS call

March 18 2015 - USCIS call

April 2 2015 - USCIS call

May 14 2015 - Infopass appt

July 21 2015 - infopass appt

Sept 18 2015 - infopass appt
Feb 25 2016 - USCIS call
Feb 25 2016 - Ombudsman request form sent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.