joann & mike

I-134 Question

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I need help with I -134,- we haven't received the NOA2 yet, but I want to be prepared. On the instruction form for the I-134, it states to include as supporting evidence: A statement from my bank showing when my account opened, amount deposited in the the last year, and present balance. Then a statement from my workplace showing I am employed full time, since such & such a date,etc. It then states ONLY IF I am self employed to include last years tax returns. Yet I have read many 'Journeys' on this web site where petitioners will send anywhere from 1 to 3 years tax returns and W-2 forms. Anyone shed any light on this? I do have my last five returns on my PC, to print if necessary. I guess it wouldn't hurt to send them, but is it required?

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I need help with I -134,- we haven't received the NOA2 yet, but I want to be prepared. On the instruction form for the I-134, it states to include as supporting evidence: A statement from my bank showing when my account opened, amount deposited in the the last year, and present balance. Then a statement from my workplace showing I am employed full time, since such & such a date,etc. It then states ONLY IF I am self employed to include last years tax returns. Yet I have read many 'Journeys' on this web site where petitioners will send anywhere from 1 to 3 years tax returns and W-2 forms. Anyone shed any light on this? I do have my last five returns on my PC, to print if necessary. I guess it wouldn't hurt to send them, but is it required?

If you income is high enough, 125% above the poverty line, then all you need is the employer letter, recent pay stubs, and the Tax transcripts from the IRS for the past three years. It does not hurt to also include your account balance summary from your bank. Good Luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OK> so this is what i understood about the I-134. Some embassies require only the latest Tax return/transcript if you're above the required 125% poverty guideline. But if you have the last 2-3 years of tax papers, it wouldn't hurt to submit them too. I would rather be prepared and have everything they ask for than feel sorry and tell yourself "i should have brought that thing with me"... It's up to you. When my time comes, im taking w/ me the last three yrs tax papers, bank statement, employment cert, at least 6 pay stubs along with the signed I-134 Form, of course. My fiance makes more than enough of what the USCIS requires but to be safe, i'm taking these to my interview. Again, it's all up to you. And im sure others in the forum will chime in and give you more ideas. Good luck to us!

Luke 1:37 - "For with GOD nothing shall be impossible."

AOS Journey

• 02.25.2012 - AOS, EAD, AP sent
  • 02.29.2012 - received text/email receipt notices
  • 03.22.2012 - transferred to CSC
  • 04.19.2012 - biometrics appointment
  • 05.02.2012 - EAD & AP approved
  • 10.19.2012 - AOS approved

K1 Journey

• 05.2000 - met in class - Orlando, FL
  • 05.2011 - K1 filed
  • 11.2011 - K1 visa received
  • 01.2012 - POE/Wedding

If your self employed generally you should follow the same guidelines as with the I-864. Tax returns for the last three years and provide good evidence of income. If a petitioner has filled out a I-134 and has sufficient, income that is line 22 of your return is above the PG then that should suffice. However, if the petitioner's income is not sufficient, they might also wish to provide evidence of assets.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

If your self employed generally you should follow the same guidelines as with the I-864. Tax returns for the last three years and provide good evidence of income. If a petitioner has filled out a I-134 and has sufficient, income that is line 22 of your return is above the PG then that should suffice. However, if the petitioner's income is not sufficient, they might also wish to provide evidence of assets.

So with the I-134 if the income is well above the PG then there is nothing else required?

No tax returns etc. Just the I-134 and letter from employer is sufficient?

Thanks, just checking. :unsure:

Edited by Andie

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

If you read form I-134 Affidavit of Support part 7.

If self-employed, I have attached a copy of my last income tax return or report of commercial rating concern ........

Edited by sjr09

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.