Rachel~C

k-1 question

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:D i was hoping you'd say that !!

well im going to keep checking this forum out and i will most definitely update when i decide to send in my packet (i will know by next week, maybe sooner) feel free to keep adding ideas to this forum lol i will take as many as i can get my little hands on :blush:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

ya unfortunately i'm stuck in the same boat if you apply for a birth abroad i think you have to be married because they asked us for our marriage certificate your husband has to show he's been present in the u.s for 5 years, divorce decrees if applicable child's live birth registration and your birth certificate. i think that's it. it has taken us a long time to try and get this but mostly because my son's birth certificate got screwed up so i had to wait to fix it then apply.

Did you call the consul and talk to them? they have different requirements for children born out of wedlock but you must contact the consul for the information on how to apply CRBA for a child out of wedlock.

:D i was hoping you'd say that !!

well im going to keep checking this forum out and i will most definitely update when i decide to send in my packet (i will know by next week, maybe sooner) feel free to keep adding ideas to this forum lol i will take as many as i can get my little hands on :blush:

There is a section thats region specific for Canadians too, any specific questions like on the medicals or interview etc or anything can be asked there as well lol. You can also find lots and lots of stuff people asked also and get info from their threads in there. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

excellent ! thanks for the info ..ive been creepin this site and one other for a while now :dance: ive seen the canadian section *shrug* ...a bit worried about the drug question HAHAHA cause common..I do live in canada after all :rofl: although its been a LOOOOOOOOONG while.

Timeline

excellent ! thanks for the info ..ive been creepin this site and one other for a while now :dance: ive seen the canadian section *shrug* ...a bit worried about the drug question HAHAHA cause common..I do live in canada after all :rofl: although its been a LOOOOOOOOONG while.

As long as its over a year ago its fine. If its really recent they could give you issues with it.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You do have to go thru the process to prove your son is his son. Not just your say so. His birth does not have to be registered here in the states but to get the passport, they may require DNA proof. If they do not acceopt the proof you have, they will require 2 applicaitions for you and your son.

Timeline

You do have to go thru the process to prove your son is his son. Not just your say so. His birth does not have to be registered here in the states but to get the passport, they may require DNA proof. If they do not acceopt the proof you have, they will require 2 applicaitions for you and your son.

Thanks so much for the information. Ive been looking into this. specificly the CRBA.

When i get the CRBA he will have Dual citizenship so, im a little confused.im just wondering if i get the CRBA does he still need to attend the medical exam and the interview?

Timeline

Thanks so much for the information. Ive been looking into this. specificly the CRBA.

When i get the CRBA he will have Dual citizenship so, im a little confused.im just wondering if i get the CRBA does he still need to attend the medical exam and the interview?

If you mean for the visa interview -

No because he is not entitled to a visa he has claim to US citizenship. He will have to use a US passport to enter the US with you when you move.

They may need a medical and interview for the CRBA stuff but you will have to contact the consul to find out the details and what they need from you to do the CRBA and US passport apps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

What a wonderful Day!

We received confirmation this morning that a CRBA birth certificate is not necessary for our son to obtain his US Passport. He actually got a K-2 Visa, despite us telling the US Consulate the truth on his birth in Mexico, and despite what others here on VJ have said. We kept no secrets, divulged everything, and he still got his visa. I accept that the consulate messed up. We believed that we were following the law, and yet now are told by many on VJ and other web sites, that we broke the law. The email this morning confirmed that while a mistake had certainly happened, we did nothing wrong.

The email continued saying that once we applied for our son's American passport, his Mexican passport and Visa would be invalidated. We still have to have our DNA checked, since he was born out-of-wedlock, and give the proper evidence that I have lived in the United States at least 5 years, and, I have to sign a form saying that I will be there to support him until he turns 18 years old. In the very same email, it was noted that since our son would not have his CRBA at this time, his new American passport will recognize his rights here, but will be limited to the same rights that a naturalized citizen has, until we finally register his birth abroad.

I would like to cut and paste the email here, but it contains private information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

One other thing. All children born abroad will be granted Dual Citizenship. The way that we understand is that once they turn 18 years of age, they must then declare what citizenship that they prefer, and renounce the other. If I am wrong, would someone here please respond to the exact law?

Timeline

One other thing. All children born abroad will be granted Dual Citizenship. The way that we understand is that once they turn 18 years of age, they must then declare what citizenship that they prefer, and renounce the other. If I am wrong, would someone here please respond to the exact law?

Thats country specific I believe. Does not hold a candle to Canada I know many born USC/Canadians who are still dual citizens and are in their 40tys and older.

• 6 months later...
Timeline

Hello, sorry about pulling this old thread back up but just had a few more questions.. how would my fiance and i go about proving that our son is actually our son?..i know there are dna tests and what not but how will they know its valid? do i have to get some special court order ? how do i go about this ? thank you .

Timeline

My fiancé are in the same boat!!! I'm Canadian he's American and we have a child together. My daughter and I live here in Canada but travel mostly in between the us and Canada like 6 mos here and 6 mos there...

We're going the k1 route since I have been denied entry into the states 2 times for being too much of an immigration risk!!

Cr1 looked good by u get green card as soon as u enter the us.. But k1 is faster and my fiancé and I want to be together as a family for good as soon as possible!!

Hope my story helps you realize that your not alone in your situation

Also, you should file and get baby us passport ( my daughter was born in the us, so I had to do the opposite for Canada)

As far as I know you do not have to renounce citizenship anymore at any age.

event.png

d60yv4kpg.png

12/15/2011 - last time baby & I saw her Papi

01/30/2012 - Denied entry into US

02/27/2012 - i129f sent to Dallas lockbox

02/28/2012 - i129f delivered

03/05/2012 - NOA1 email received

03/08/2012 - NOA1 hardcopy received

09/11/2012 - NOA2 email recieved

02/28/2013 - Montreal Interview -- APPROVED!!!!!

04/03/2013 - POE date!!

05/25/2013- wedding day!! <3

06/10/2013 - AOS mailed

06/10/2013 - NOA

09/09/2013 - biometrics appointment

09/16/2013 - RFE ( joint sponsor tax return issue)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.