Tiff

CR1/Blue Slip

77 posts in this topic

Thank you Settetle Rain for your response. Those are exactly what they are asking from my husband as well:

1) Full Name in Vietnamese

2) Full Name in English (If Applicable)

3) Date of Birth

4) Relationship to Beneficiary

5) Current Address

6) Telephone Numbers (home, work and cell)

7) Evidence of Residence at that address such as utility bill and/or driver's license copies.

Did they ask for your passport pages to confirm the dates you were in Vietnam? All of the one I know who flew back for my wedding, included mine, our passport pages are all blank because they did not stamped it!!! My previous two trips as well.

Did your case get pink already? Thanks once again for your response.

It seems like I hit the brick wall since three of my husband's cousins refuse to provide their driver license or billing statments. They said it violate their privacy regarless of what I have explained to them.

It seems like I hit the brick wall since three of my husband's cousins refuse to provide their driver license or billing statments. They said it violate their privacy regarless of what I have explained to them.

Questions: Okay, one of my husband's aunt in USA has two marriages. My husband is very close with the kids (a.k.a my husband's cousins) from the first marriage who are Vietnamese, but the kids from his aunt's second marriage who are Amnerican whom my husband has no contact or relationship with whatsoever. So my question is that should I included the kids from the second marriage as my husband's cousins? They are the one did not want to cooperative by provding me the copy of their driver license or billing statement.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Edited by Tiff

Hello, you can try to request your flight info from U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Passenger Name Record (PNR). Apparently, they keep the info in the system for up to 15 yrs.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/clearing/pnr/

Under the 2nd link on the main page, go to Item #9 of the doc..there is info on how to contact the CBP to obtain your travel records. Good luck...

Called CBP numbers at (1)877-227-5511

The asked me to download the form G-639, Freedom of Information/Privacy Act Request (for your travel log in and out of USA)

Mail to: U.S Customs and Border Protection

FOIA Division

799 9th Street NW, Mint Annex

Washington, DC 20229-1177

Please note that the address on the form is for different division

Materials fee up to $25.

TIME PROCESS CAN TAKE UP FROM A FEW WEEKS TO A FEW MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!YIKES!

My guess is that I am going to explain why I don't have the dates stamp on my visa and submit the plane tickets as proof to CO.

Called CBP numbers at (1)877-227-5511

The asked me to download the form G-639, Freedom of Information/Privacy Act Request (for your travel log in and out of USA)

Mail to: U.S Customs and Border Protection

FOIA Division

799 9th Street NW, Mint Annex

Washington, DC 20229-1177

Please note that the address on the form is for different division

Materials fee up to $25.

TIME PROCESS CAN TAKE UP FROM A FEW WEEKS TO A FEW MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!YIKES!

My guess is that I am going to explain why I don't have the dates stamp on my visa and submit the plane tickets as proof to CO.

Sorry to hear that it takes a long time to request..if you still have the boarding passes...that will work.

Timeline

Hi all!

I wished I have know this website before my husband's interview and before I submitted the relationship timeline. I did know getting Visa from VN is this hard becuase I was thinking that if our relationship is real then there is nothing to worry. But after I've learned what I have read on internet, I broke out a cold sweat with many sleepness night. Here is my general timeline of our relationship. We have been introduced by my Dad's former longtime coworker in September 2009. My first trip was in January 29th 2010 and he proposed to me on February 14th 2010 at Tan Son Nhat Airport, that was on Valentine's day and also the day I flew back to America. My second trip to Vietnam was on September 18th 2010 to sign our marriage license and came back to United States on October 15th, 2010. My third trip was just recently, it was on June 9th, 2011 thru June 28th, 2011 for our wedding. We got married on June 18th, 2011, but coincidentally, he got the letter to schedule for interview 2 days prior to our wedding. He got all the dates right, even the date when did we go and sign our marriage license. He got a blue slip asking 4 notarized letters in English if possible (3 from me and 1 from him asking for his past 10 years of residency.) I felt so naive and dumb after reading the postings on this website.

They asked for:

Time line of our relationship ( I only wrote about 1 1/2 pages. I thought make it short and sweet becuase nobody has time to read down to the details. Keep in mind that I did not found this website until after the blue slip.

Where/who have I lived with for the last 10 years

Where and how my son'd dad lived and evident of his address. ( I have a son out of a weddlock and we rarely communicate to each other after the birth of my son so I have no evident of his address)

My husband was scheduled to submit all these in on June 14th, 2011 which is today. When he got there, they also asking my husband's past 10 years of residency in Vienamese as well and he only have the one tranlsated in English. They told him to come back on this Monday 7/18/2011.

Possible reg flags to CO:

I am female/single mom who married husband in Vietnam

I am six years older than my husband but he looks older than I am.

I have kid and he doesn't, but we both have never been married before.

I have much higher education than he does.

My guts feeling is that we might end up with the white slip on this Monday. Any thought????By the way, my husband said that the two female interviewers are very nice and friendly. I am praying every day and loosing sleep :-(.

Thank you in advance for your comments.

I meant that I DID NOT know getting Visa in Vietnam is this difficult...

Howdy Tiff and welcome to VJ. After reading your story and details it seems that you will maybe have a rough time but nothing so far that I can see that will mean a denial. You may have a fight on your hands and will need to show patience and perseverance. I for one am going to pray that a pink is forthcoming when this last hurdle is done.

It does seem as you know now that you were a tad unprepared for the consulate. You do have red flags but most do that try for a visa. Please follow the suggestions as much as you can that is being offered but please keep in touch and let us know the outcome either way. We have had ladies sponsored men also that were successful and even one that had a hard time but overcame all. Personally from what I read so far that you posted and if I was thinking like a CO would be hesitant and careful issuing a visa. Again I will say a prayer for you both.

Timeline

When my babe and I submitted the list of relatives we only did maybe 8-9 of her family here. If we had done them all it would have been a long list indeed. We only submitted the names and birth dates and address and phone numbers along with their status. (Citizens, naturalized, or what not) A few balked so we omitted them without explaining and they accepted the list. We did not notarize this list.

Howdy Tiff and welcome to VJ. After reading your story and details it seems that you will maybe have a rough time but nothing so far that I can see that will mean a denial. You may have a fight on your hands and will need to show patience and perseverance. I for one am going to pray that a pink is forthcoming when this last hurdle is done.

It does seem as you know now that you were a tad unprepared for the consulate. You do have red flags but most do that try for a visa. Please follow the suggestions as much as you can that is being offered but please keep in touch and let us know the outcome either way. We have had ladies sponsored men also that were successful and even one that had a hard time but overcame all. Personally from what I read so far that you posted and if I was thinking like a CO would be hesitant and careful issuing a visa. Again I will say a prayer for you both.

Thank you luckytxn. I like your Userid because hopefully it will bring me luck :-) I will definitely keep you all posted!

When my babe and I submitted the list of relatives we only did maybe 8-9 of her family here. If we had done them all it would have been a long list indeed. We only submitted the names and birth dates and address and phone numbers along with their status. (Citizens, naturalized, or what not) A few balked so we omitted them without explaining and they accepted the list. We did not notarize this list.

In my situation, the bad thing is that his aunt took her second's husband last name. If I don't disclose her kids from the second marriage then that will rise more red flags. On our second blue slip, they specifically asking for photocopy of driver license or utility bill for each relative listed.

I had some issues with getting utility bills from my fiancee's relative in the US also. Her aunts and uncles are old and they don't understand so they were scared and worry about the Vietnamese government is getting their info. My fiancee's family called to convince them to send over. Since her relatives are all over the US it was very tedious and one of them sent to the wrong address. I went through a lot. She has a lot of relatives in the US, but we only use her aunts and uncles no cousin or distance family. Right now, i'm still in AP.

1st email, May 19, 2009

1st visit, first face to face, June 17, 2009

2nd visit, December 24, 2009

3rd visit, engaged in Vietnam, June 6, 2010

Filed K-1, June 17, 2010

4th visit,December 26, 2010

INTERVIEWED May 21, 2011 --> RE: Additional documents

5th visit, both of us went in to submit additional documents on June 16, 2011---> Result AP.

6th visit, I went to the Consulate on December 28, 2011

Got back to the US and asked Congressman for help.

March 10, Asked Senators for help.

March 27, 2012 DoS status indicated an expedite on my case after Senators inquiry

End of March, Phone call from Consulate at 11:30PM.

April 13 (or so) received letter asked to update medical and police report

Received VISA April 28, 2012

I had some issues with getting utility bills from my fiancee's relative in the US also. Her aunts and uncles are old and they don't understand so they were scared and worry about the Vietnamese government is getting their info. My fiancee's family called to convince them to send over. Since her relatives are all over the US it was very tedious and one of them sent to the wrong address. I went through a lot. She has a lot of relatives in the US, but we only use her aunts and uncles no cousin or distance family. Right now, i'm still in AP.

I was thinking to list out only his sister and two aunts at first, but his cousin was the one who introduced us so it did not make sense if I don't disclose his cousins. I was affraid that they will denied my cases if I did not mention the cousins. Sorry to hear that are you still in AP. My heart is going out for you both. Good luck and I pray for you to get that pink soon.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I'll be in the same boat when the consulate requests for proof of relatives in the US.

Her parents disapprove - even more ridiculous yet - forbid our relationship, and we're late30s/early 40s! My girl has a half sister here, that's all, nobody else, and they don't get along because the half sister is on the father's side angling for inheritance. So it's going to be difficult to get a copy of anything from her.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'll be in the same boat when the consulate requests for proof of relatives in the US.

Her parents disapprove - even more ridiculous yet - forbid our relationship, and we're late30s/early 40s! My girl has a half sister here, that's all, nobody else, and they don't get along because the half sister is on the father's side angling for inheritance. So it's going to be difficult to get a copy of anything from her.

i am thinking the embassy default is to not ask for everyone's relatives in the US? only if they're suspicious of the legitimacy of the relationship?

like tcT's SO who only has one half sister over here...that's probably a non-issue.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The Embassy in HaNoi plays no role in it.. its only dealt with at the consulate in HCMC. The list of relatives is only mentioned by the CO when they see some red flags and they want to make sure everything is legit.... it is not all that common... you can see how many times in the past couple of years they have been requested from VJ members in the appointment results topic. There seems to be an uptick in filers stressing over this item when it it not likely they will get asked for it unless there are red flags present... most commonly related to being introduced by a relative or friend..

Edited by ScottThuy

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

The Embassy in HaNoi plays no role in it.. its only dealt with at the consulate in HCMC. The list of relatives is only mentioned by the CO when they see some red flags and they want to make sure everything is legit.... it is not all that common... you can see how many times in the past couple of years they have been requested from VJ members in the appointment results topic. There seems to be an uptick in filers stressing over this item when it it not likely they will get asked for it unless there are red flags present... most commonly related to being introduced by a relative or friend..

So what is the CO trying to look for once they have the list of relatives? Did they want to see if them and I were related? To see how closed we live next to each other? or how many relatives in America that possbilby had committed visa fraud?

Timeline

So what is the CO trying to look for once they have the list of relatives? Did they want to see if them and I were related? To see how closed we live next to each other? or how many relatives in America that possbilby had committed visa fraud?

They are going to cross reference the list against a data bank to see if maybe a name pops up for someone that has sponsored and/or committed fraud in the past or even other criteria. If there is nothing to worry about then just send the list as they asked.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.