Tiff

CR1/Blue Slip

77 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thank you for your very informative information. Another question I have is that they need this information to be notarized. Should this letter to be notarized in USA or in VN? Thanks much.

If you are in the US, so go to a local notary. If you are in VN, go to the embassy and have it notarized.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Sorry for being unclear.

I am a petitioner who lives in USA and I am American citizen. They are asking for my husband (beneficiary)'s relatives information. Now, from my understanding, if they asking for beneficiary'a information then it needs to notarize in Vietnam right or it doesn't matter to which country?

My husband just fax me the second blue slip which also requesting from me as follow:

Petitioner: Please provide photocopies of your passport pages to confirm the dates you were in Vietnam. Also, please provide any travel documents (plane tickets, visas, etc.) supporting the dates you claimed to have been in Vietnam.

I do keep all the plane tickets BUT on the past three trips to VN, no one has stamp on my passport. I was wondering why the first time but thought VN policies has changed so therefore they don't need to stamp it. Now my passport is blank!! HELP!!!!What should I do???????????????

Give the CO what they are asking for. Include a more detailed "evolution of relationship" statement if you want. It's likely your last opportunity to have evidence considered.

good.gif Should get some great input here.

Anh Map,

What do mean by "evolution of relationship" statement? Is it the same as our relationship timeline? Which I have already submitted with the first blue slip. Should I also include our wedding pictures along with our pictures together on my third trip? Keep in mind that my husband's first interview was two days prior to our wedding.

Edited by Tiff

Timeline

Anh Map,

What do mean by "evolution of relationship" statement? Is it the same as our relationship timeline? Which I have already submitted with the first blue slip. Should I also include our wedding pictures along with our pictures together on my third trip? Keep in mind that my husband's first interview was two days prior to our wedding.

Your US passport was not stamped when you entered Vietnam? That sounds unlikely. You need to supply boarding passes to confirm your travel dates. Itineraries will not be enough.

Yes, update, expand upon the relationship timeline if appropriate. This is likely the final opportunity to get information in front of the CO. Failure here is probably denial.

I would draft the family listing for him so that you are sure it is complete and in the format the Jim suggested. Send him the document in Viet and English for notarization.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Your US passport was not stamped when you entered Vietnam? That sounds unlikely. You need to supply boarding passes to confirm your travel dates. Itineraries will not be enough.

Yes, update, expand upon the relationship timeline if appropriate. This is likely the final opportunity to get information in front of the CO. Failure here is probably denial.

I would draft the family listing for him so that you are sure it is complete and in the format the Jim suggested. Send him the document in Viet and English for notarization.

Yes,I have checked of all the people that flew back to Vietnam for my wedding, neither of them have their passport stamped as well. I will write a the letter to CO explain that as well.

I have submitted my timeline already and I have said what I needed to say on that timeline; thefore, I do not know how to "evolution" it. May I PM you my original timeline and have your input???

Thanks,

Follow the instructions on the blue slip and provide everything they ask for. If it's anything like the boiler plate request they usually give then they want, for each relative:

1. Full name

2. Other names used

3. Date of birth

4. Current address

5. Addresses for the past 5 years

6. Date of immigration to the US

7. Means of immigration to the US (not boat or plane - what sort of visa)

8. Any contact or relationship with the petitioner or petitioner's relatives

9. Proof of residency or citizenship status (copy of green card, certificate of naturalization, or passport)

They're going to run this information along with the background information they've already collected on you and see if anything matches up. For example, they're going to see if you and any of his relatives ever lived together, or had a business relationship together, etc. They're looking for evidence that his family set this up to help him immigrate.

I have no idea if you'll be approved, with or without a lawyer. He could turn in the requested evidence and get a pink. He could turn it in and get a white. He could turn it in and get another blue and you could be in AP for months. It all depends on what they've got so far, and what they think they'll get by further investigation.

If you decide to hire a lawyer then, in my humble opinion, you should hire Marc Ellis. No lawyer is 100% successful in HCMC, and many who have hired him have still ended up being denied, but I've never heard of any other immigration attorney who has a better track record with the consulate in HCMC. Marc has the added benefit that he actually lives in HCMC.

http://www.marcellislaw.com/contact.html

I recently was asked for these information and inside they asked exactly what you wrote above with the additional all their home phone, work phone, and cell phone numbers for all the relatives. They only ask for the relative current address, date of birth, American name and Vietnamese name. Also, copy of utility bills or driver license with their addresses listed.

1st email, May 19, 2009

1st visit, first face to face, June 17, 2009

2nd visit, December 24, 2009

3rd visit, engaged in Vietnam, June 6, 2010

Filed K-1, June 17, 2010

4th visit,December 26, 2010

INTERVIEWED May 21, 2011 --> RE: Additional documents

5th visit, both of us went in to submit additional documents on June 16, 2011---> Result AP.

6th visit, I went to the Consulate on December 28, 2011

Got back to the US and asked Congressman for help.

March 10, Asked Senators for help.

March 27, 2012 DoS status indicated an expedite on my case after Senators inquiry

End of March, Phone call from Consulate at 11:30PM.

April 13 (or so) received letter asked to update medical and police report

Received VISA April 28, 2012

I recently was asked for these information and inside they asked exactly what you wrote above with the additional all their home phone, work phone, and cell phone numbers for all the relatives. They only ask for the relative current address, date of birth, American name and Vietnamese name. Also, copy of utility bills or driver license with their addresses listed.

Thank you Settetle Rain for your response. Those are exactly what they are asking from my husband as well:

1) Full Name in Vietnamese

2) Full Name in English (If Applicable)

3) Date of Birth

4) Relationship to Beneficiary

5) Current Address

6) Telephone Numbers (home, work and cell)

7) Evidence of Residence at that address such as utility bill and/or driver's license copies.

Did they ask for your passport pages to confirm the dates you were in Vietnam? All of the one I know who flew back for my wedding, included mine, our passport pages are all blank because they did not stamped it!!! My previous two trips as well.

Did your case get pink already? Thanks once again for your response.

Thank you JimvaPhuong for your rely :-) Good to know that I am not alone. I have been have anxieties for the past two weeks.

Filed: Timeline

I have been to Vietnam 3 times, my passport was never stamped. I know others with the same.

I have been to Vietnam 3 times, my passport was never stamped. I know others with the same.

Phewww! I was freak out for a moment. Mine are the same and I have been there three times as well. Thank you Dan_P for your validation! I think they wanted to test for my honesty :-)

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I've heard from Viet Kieu that the Vietnamese immigration tends not to stamp Viet Kieu's passports, whether it is US or not. It is also possible to get a loose leaf visa which they will stamp on the visa and take the visa from you when you leave Vietnam.

Timeline

Yes, Confusedasheck, if I recalled it correctly, they did stamp on the visa instead.

I guess that is the difference. My visas are attached and I got stamped in and out in the passport on all 4 trips. The visa itself is stamped as used as well.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

My passport has never been stamped in 4 trips. I had to resort to paying extra for multiple entry visas just so I can keep it for evidence. The visas I had were loose and VN immigration stamps them, then collect them on the way out. I think this is a concession to the fact that some countries may not like seeing a VN stamp in a passport. I may get a visa on arrival next time to get a visa that's stuck into the passport.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My passport has never been stamped in 4 trips. I had to resort to paying extra for multiple entry visas just so I can keep it for evidence. The visas I had were loose and VN immigration stamps them, then collect them on the way out. I think this is a concession to the fact that some countries may not like seeing a VN stamp in a passport. I may get a visa on arrival next time to get a visa that's stuck into the passport.

You can get a "sticker" visa from the VN consulates in the US, as well. Just get a single entry visa. All my visas were single entry, obtained from the VN consulate in San Francisco. I've got every original visa, as well as entry/exit stamps, in my passport. Five trips total, so far.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.