sjr09

You Might Be Filipino If Thread

108 posts in this topic

You might be Filipino if .....your most prized possession of farming tools is the carabao ‘tractor.’ What a impressive creature it is!

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

you might be filipina if you cook the most delicious foods on earth, but put everything including packaging, clipped off fat, yesterdays rice, and old newspapers in the sink turn on the water and hope for the best. and insist on washing dishes in a large bowl instead of the sink.

Timeline

You might be Filipino if .....your most prized possession of farming tools is the carabao ‘tractor.’ What a impressive creature it is!

hahah yea i know, i have a carabao and dont even have a farm. i just ride the carabao around for fun, and better not even try to pass tomato catsup off on me when there's banana variety to be had. my wife says dont ride the carabao he'll eat you hahahah. all i got to say is he'd better not use tomato catsup if he ever does hahaha. someday i hope to have a farm he can work on.

Timeline

You might be filipina if you say yes by a subtile movement of your eyebrows in the pitch dark. but who am i to complain? I lub her so. i cant wait till we have her grin card. then we can go swimming at the ###### every day and wont even sweet as long as were in the tubig, and when we get back home we can eat borgers sitting in front of the lecticfun.

And to ALL the PINOY NURSES here, this one's for YOU (and ME):

YOU are DEFINITELY PINOY if you give TENDER, LOVING CARE to all your patients, no matter what...yes.gif

In Saudi, at least 90% of the tertiary hospitals (private/government) there assign PINOY nurses ONLY to their VIP units... I guess that explains a lot.

Mabuhay ang lahing PINOY!!!

I totally agree with you sistah :thumbs:

Gemini & Janet:

USCIS:

1/24/11 Married(Happiest Day)

2/28/11 I-130 sent

3/03/11 NOA1

3/21/11 CFO seminar (SMEF-COW)

6/08/11 NOA2 (Thank you God)

NVC:

6/28/11 NVC received our petition(Thank God;)

7/01/11 NVC case # assigned(so happy)

7/05/11 Eligible for further processing( DS-3032 sent via e-mail)

7/07/11 Paid AOS fee

7/09/11 DS-3032 received ^_^

7/11/11 AOS status shows as paid & IV bill invoice e-mailed by NVC

7/12/11 AOS packet sent

7/13/11 IV bill paid(AOS packet received)

7/18/11 IV packet sent

7/19/11 IV packet received ^_^

7/27/11 IV packet on process (God is good all the time)

7/29/11 Case completed at NVC

8/02/11 NVC e-mailed the packet of instructions for interview

USEM:

8/22/11 Medical ( passed)

9/13/11 Interview passed (visa printed), thank God for another blessing ;)

9/16/11 Visa on hand

9/20/11 CFO sticker/ticket purchased ^_^

10/06/11 P.O.E. (Las Vegas via PAL)

lNRUp8.png?k7iCQIPf

"You get back what you give out"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You might be Filipino if ...you have a rice cooker

You might be Filipino if ...you have buy a rice cooker on sale, just to be safe in case the first one fails

You might be Filipino if ...furniture in your home is made of wicker, wood, or bamboo and looks like Grizzly Adams made it.

You might be Filipino if ...you have a 50 pound sack of rice, even though you can get more rice from the store at any time

You might be Filipino if ...you have rice for every meal even with pizza

You might be Filipino if ...tapa and milkfish is normal food for you

You might be Filipino if ...you fight for the lecheon cheek skin, ears, and knuckles.

You might be married to a Filipina if ...you have to ask where the clothes are

You might be married to a Filipina if ...your jeans have starch in them with creases

You might be married to a Filipina if ...there is no knife at the meal setting.

You might be married to a Filipina if ...she prefers plastic or paper dishes over the good dishes in the cabinet.

You might be married to a Filipina if ...the main seasoning she uses are: salt, pepper, brown sugar, soy sauce, or vinegar. OR some weird combination of those ingredients.

You might be married to a Filipina if ...gravy is a foreign substance to her.

You might be married to a Filipina if ..."pot roast" means putting something in a pot and cooking it over an open flame.

You might be married to a Filipina if ...no matter what time you get up in the morning , the clothes you are to wear are already laid out for you.

You might be married to a Filipina if ...all the clothes are in the closet and the dressers are empty

You might be married to a Filipina if ...your house is constantly spotless

You might be married to a Filipina if ...she claims she does not like spicy food, but everything you eat with her burns your entire digestive tract.

You might be married to a Filipina if ..you open the cabinet and find it full of SPAM

You might be married to a Filipina if ...you search for a vegetable she wants in every Asian market. Only to find out it is a sweet potato and is available at the supermarket down the corner from your house.

You might be married to a Filipina if ...your local grocery store starts carrying more SPAM, banana ketchup, Rice noodles, and asks her for a list of other items.

You might be married to a Filipina if ...everyone in the grocery store greets her by name when you go shopping.

You might be married to a Filipina if ...the sales person asks what size your daughter is, and your wife plays along with a Cheshire grin.

You might be married to a Filipina if ...even when she is 40 years old, you are still buying clothes in the girls section for her.

You might be married to a Filipina if ...you prefer buying clothes for in the philippines versus shopping in the malls in America.

You might be married to a Filipina if ...after finding stores you CAN buy clothes for her, the prices suddenly go up.

You might be married to a Filipina if ...she wears shorts under ANY dress she wears

You might be married to a Filipina if ...flirting with you is her favorite thing to do

You might be married to a Filipina if ...you tell your friends you go through tampo every month with her, and they think you are referring to her cycle.

You might be married to a Filipina if ...you tell your friends how much you love her malambing, and they ask to for you to bring it at the next "pitch in" dinner thinking it is a Filipina lamb meat dish.

You might be married to a Filipina if ...you explain facial expressions a lot to her because she is confused most of the time from Americans.

You might be married to a Filipina if ...you look at people's facial expressions more.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Lol at the responses.. :rofl:

I wanted to add (not sure if it's been mentioned)

If you call your air-conditioner "aircon"

If you call your refrigerator "ref"

If you call the remote control "remote"

If you say you need to "xerox" something

If you say "Appear" instead of "High Five"

If you use the system "grade school- high school - college" instead of elementary, middle school, junior high, high school..

If you say "I'm game" or "Are you game?" instead of "I'm ready or Let's do it"

If you call McDonalds "McDo"

:)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

You Might Be Filipino If. . . -

....You keep a "TABO and TIMBA" near the toilet. :lol: (but we don't)

....You call your restroom a "CR" instead. (yes we do..at home but outside is restroom)

....You refuse to use the "dishwasher". (we use the dishwasher except for pots and pans and fine dishes)

....You refuse to use the "washer and dryer'. (use both but sometimes finish drying on hanger coz that's what hubby prefers)

....You use your hands to eat "fish and rice". ( nope, we use fork spoon and knife)

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You Might Be Filipino If. . . you wonder why McDo does not server rice, chicken, and McSpaghetti in the US.

You Might Be Filipino If. . . your favorite Mascot is Jollibee.

you do not own a car, but own 3 boats.

playing pool or ping pong is a great way to spend the evening

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

You Might Be Filipino If...your nieces, nephews, siblings, etc etc...has nick names such as...Junjun, Ningning, Lengleng, Ghingghing,...:rofl:

Edited by dindo and patty

Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens meGC Received: 02/04/2012

Useful Links for K-1 Visa Petition for USEM Philippines:

Packet 3 for K-1: http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

St Luke's Website: http://www.slec.ph/u...ml#clinic-hours

Link to Schedule Interview: http://cgifederal.force.com/

CFO Website for Seminar: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Povery Guideline: http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

Website to Download DS 156, 156K, & 157: http://travel.state....forms_1342.html

Timeline

Longganisa being a sausage is more in line with spaghetti now when you put hotdogs in it, that's a Filipino twist. Hotdogs are not common to the dish. IMO.....

You might be Filipino if......you have a cartful of corned beef, when its on sale.

Hmm that means everybody here in Hawaii is Filipino :blink: That is why spam and corn beef is not sold during black Friday at Wal-Mart na.

Timeline

You might be a Filipina if you want a Nipa Hut in the back yard instead of a gazebo. :yes:

I'm not even sure how to get the stuff to make one here in the U.S.

04/24/11 - Visit Fiance in Phil.

05/01/11 - Return from Phil. (Fantastic trip)

05/03/11 - Signed up with RapidVisa to help putting paperwork together.

05/10/11 - Requested signed documents and such from Fiance

05/16/11 - Recieved signed documents from Fiance (DHL)

05/19/11 - Application sent to Texas Service Center

05/25/11 - NOA1 - Said case was transfered to California Service Center

08/16/11 - NOA2

09/02/11 - Application Fee's paid via BDO

09/05/11 - Interview Appointment Confirmation

09/12/11 - Medical Day 1

09/13/11 - Medical Day 2

- K2 passed and received vacinations

- K1 required Sputum Culture -- SLMEC -x-ray looked "cloudy"

09/15/11 - Interview date, (Canceled)

09/26/11 - Culture Day 1

09/28/11 - Culture Day 3 -- 1st part of testing Negative

11/03/11 - New Interview Appointment Confirmation for 12/05/11 (trying to avoid delay)

11/28/11 - Sputum Culture Negative

12/01/11 - Vacinations and retesting for K1, retesting for K2, Medical Cleared

12/05/11 - Interview - Given 221(g)

-- Wanted CENOMAR for daughter's father directly from NSO, she had a NSO origional document in hand

-- Required a police clearance from Japan even though it has been over 10 years.

12/06/11 - Applied to NSO for daughter's father's CENOMAR to be sent directly to NSO

12/07/11 - Applied to Japanese Embassy in Manila for Police Clearance

01/20/12 - Japanese Police Clearance is at the embassy

02/07/12 - Visa's issued

02/23/12 - K1 Visa Expired

02/26/12 - Flights to US

***** Big Mess ****

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.