kristen_maroc

Approved at casa

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

So so excited! I am in the airport and we are boarding but it feels awesome. Will post full review in a few days no I 184, no evidence looked at... Just wanted to say thanks for all the info and support!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

So so excited! I am in the airport and we are boarding but it feels awesome. Will post full review in a few days no I 184, no evidence looked at... Just wanted to say thanks for all the info and support!

AWESOME!!!! so cool to be boarding and yet to take time to share that with us :)

hugs !

I 129F sent: 29/04/2011
Noa1: 02/05/2011
Noa2: 19/07/2011 (took 77 days to get approved )
NVC received: 08/08/2011
NVC left: 24/08/2011
Consulate received : 29/08/2011
Packet 3 received : 10/09/2011
Packet 3 sent back to embassy : 15/09/2011
Packet 4 received : 07/10/2011
INTERVIEW : 13/10/2011
APPROVED
Visa in hand : 20/10/2011
POE: 21/10/2011
WEDDING : 3/12/2011

Filed AOS in December 2014

After 1 year and 5 months I got approved (one RFE and a letter 1 year ago of a potential waiver interview)

Approval 13 May 2016! :dancing:

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congratulations! You are right, they do not need the I-186, but they do look at the I-134. I hope you fiance/finacee gets his/her visa printed soon. They say come back in 2 days at 3pm to pick-up your visa, but lately I think they have been experiencing some mild delays in printing the approved visas.

Good luck, and have fun. Are you coming back to the U.S. from Morocco? I have been to Morocco many times, but the return trip to the US alone has always difficult and sad since I was leaving my loved one behind.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

oh congratssss

08/12/2010 received NOA1

09/05/2011 received NOA2

20/05/2011 Called the NVC get NVC number and gave our emails

21/05/2011 DS3032 email Sent /

23/05/2011 paid the AOS fee Bill

25/05/2011 AOS statut PAID

25/05/2011 Sent Request to clear the error in my name (ughhh)

27/05/2011 PAID the IV BILL -statut in process

28/05/2011 got the response for my request to modify the error in my name..== OK

31/05/2011 AOS Package sent via usps express

01/06/2011 IV bill statut " PAID "

03/06/2011 AOS Package received by NVC

03/06/2011 IV Package sent via usps express

05/06/2011 IV Package received by NVC

05/06/2011 fingers crossed

17/06/2011 second stupid FALSE RFE for missing DS230

24/06/2011 SIF SIF SIF SIF YES SIIIIF (Sign In Failed) and Case complete ( CC)

NVC journey ended after 34 days***

28/07/2011 medical passed===> OK

10/08/2011 interview date==>ok but there is a missing document

21/08/2011 Visa in hand

27/08/2011 POE at CHICAGO O'Hare

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

congratulations!!! BUT WHAT? I THOUGHT YOUR INTERVIEW WAS TOMORROW!!!!?????:blink::wacko::dance:

Edited by basstof and robi

"trust in what you love, continue to do it and it will take you where you need to go...."

event.png

Timeline

Thanks! I've flown through three airports and am exhausted, so I will try to do a consular review later, but a few interesting notes:

- The entire thing took about 5 hrs and 15 minutes. I spent some quality time at Beverly and Americana. :) I was there, but I don't think it made a difference from what my fiance described.

- Everyone here was telling me to bring a I-864. They didn't even ask for a co-sponsor for the i-134 and I do not make consistently above the poverty line. My fiance had the I-864 and the I-134 (co-sponsor) with supporting documentation, but they didn't ask for it!

- They didn't even ask about evidence. Nothing. We had an album of 80+ pictures over the last 17 months (different places), boarding passes, hotel receipts from Europe, Skype logs, Facebook messages, etc. They never asked for it and they didn't even see it. So, so, strange.

-My fiance said he was treated respectfully by everyone. The blonde lady who conducted his main interview was particularly friendly and chatty and made it more of an informal conversation than anything else. She apparently kept "ooh"ing and "aww"ing about questions like how he proposed and how we met.

- There were at least 3 k1s that day. At least one other got approved (and they met online; she wasn't there for the interview); he doesn't know about the other. There were other K3/CR1s but with people who were married/engaged to US Citizens of Moroccan heritage. He said they approved almost everyone that day: approvals left and right.

And, yes. My timeline is a few days off (but it's consistently off-- so that it doesn't mess with timeline numbers or stats really). I kept reading that consular officers read VJ and though I don't think I've said anything particularly red-flag worthy, I didn't want to advertise who we were here in a way that would be obvious to them, though if people really wanted to it would be obvious in other ways. I think you can probably understand why.

He was approved the other day, I left Morocco the next day, and he picked up the visa today! :) We're thinking a post-Ramadan POE: the last thing I want is for him to be missing his Mama's cooking and that kind of family time and to be fasting in the NC heat alone! Then again-- I just had three weeks with him, so waiting a few months when we know he has his visa and I can focus on "nesting" for us, so to speak, doesn't sound quite as difficult or daunting.

Wow. I am not an ex-pat anymore. After 4.5 years I am home, unemployed, and jobhunting like mad. It must happen before AOS! I need to be able to do the I-864 myself!

As I said, in a few days, I will write a full review (or ask him to send me one). :) Peace, and good luck to everyone.

Timeline

Oh- other relevant details:

We are the same age, he has a student visa/residency for an EU country and has had it for two years (and has visited other Shengan countries), we met in person through a mutual friend (on taco night, no less!), his parents are supportive, I am not Muslim (but they didn't ask about religion), we have been physically together for 6 of the 17 months we've been together, I have lived in Morocco for 4.5 years, he is fluent in English and I speak French and passable Darija. I also frontloaded the petition a bit: 2-3 emails, 2-3 Facebook mails, Skype-out log, passport photocopies with stamps and boarding passes, 5 or 6 pictures of me with him, him and his friends, and his family for l'Eid Kbir... I think that's it. I mention this only because the front-loading might have been what precluded the need for evidence?

Edited by kristen_maroc

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

He was approved the other day, I left Morocco the next day, and he picked up the visa today! :)

Again congratulations! Did he actually pick up the visa today, as you stated. They say come after 3pm the day after next to pick up the visa/passport, but I heard they have been experiencing delays in printing approved visas.

Good Luck.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congratulations! :)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Congratulations! Wonderful news!

And, I think you're being really wise about timing of him coming over here. Coming right before or during Ramadan would make for an extra difficult adjustment.

Good luck with everything! Congrats again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.