Amos&Radio

USCIS How long to cash check?

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi there,

Three weeks ago I mailed off my AOS packet along with the check for the AOS fee, (a week and a half before my deadline.)

Everyday my wife has been checking her bank statements to see if they've cashed in the check and they have not.

Also, I sent in along with the packet a form that I filled out requesting that I get an e-notification when they've received my packet.

I checked online with USPS and they said that my packet was delivered two days after initially mailing off my AOS forms but I never got a notification from USCIS.

I'm growing worried that something has gone wrong and I can't find a number for the USCIS in Chicago so that I can call them and ask about the processing situation.

Does it usually take this long for them to cash in checks? Does it usually take this long to hear anything from them?

If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi there,

Three weeks ago I mailed off my AOS packet along with the check for the AOS fee, (a week and a half before my deadline.)

Everyday my wife has been checking her bank statements to see if they've cashed in the check and they have not.

Also, I sent in along with the packet a form that I filled out requesting that I get an e-notification when they've received my packet.

I checked online with USPS and they said that my packet was delivered two days after initially mailing off my AOS forms but I never got a notification from USCIS.

I'm growing worried that something has gone wrong and I can't find a number for the USCIS in Chicago so that I can call them and ask about the processing situation.

Does it usually take this long for them to cash in checks? Does it usually take this long to hear anything from them?

Thanks!

Some cases have taken up to a month (or even a few days longer) before they cash the check. Give it a little while longer...

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I would check with them now. Most of the cases that I seen here that take longer than 2 weeks are due to incorrect fee or something else. I recommend calling them.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I would check with them now. Most of the cases that I seen here that take longer than 2 weeks are due to incorrect fee or something else. I recommend calling them.

Maybe it was just in March, but many people waited 30 days without problems caused by an error on their part.. That said, the amount of time it takes them to cash the check has nothing to do with the overall time your AOS case will take to complete so don't worry about that at all.

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Timeline

Maybe it was just in March, but many people waited 30 days without problems caused by an error on their part.. That said, the amount of time it takes them to cash the check has nothing to do with the overall time your AOS case will take to complete so don't worry about that at all.

I filed in May. IN general, this part is automatic more or less. At the same time it doesn't heart to call.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

There is no deadline so don't worry about that.

Lately it's been taking around a month to do the checks etc.

The only number to call is he 1800 misinformation line number. If it's not in the system (which it's not or you'd have an NOA1) they can't tell you anything anyway. Join your filers group in the progress reports area to see what everyone else is experiencing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

FYI I mailed out my package last Saturday, it was signed for on Monday, I received confirmation and acceptance notification on Wednesday and the check was cashed today, Thursday. I'm glad too because I don't like having checks for 1K just floating around in space!

I-129F Fiance Visa

For full details see my "About me"

USCIS

11-22-2010 Received NOA1 01-27-2011 --> NOA2 *APPROVED!!!! (email)

NVC

02-24-2011 Receive Packet 3.5 via email --> 03-18-2011 Packet 3.5 Submitted

04-05-2011 Receive Packet 4

04-08-2011 INTERVIEW *APPROVED!!!!* --> 04-18-2011 Visa in hand

05-04-2011 **POE** JFK, NYC

AOS

05-21-2011 Social Security Card

06-18-2011 MARRIED!

07-11-2011 Filed AOS - 485, EAD, AP

07-13-2011 Received Confirmation email 07-14-2011 check cashed

07-18-2011 NOA1, I-797C received for AOS, EAD, AP

07-22-2011 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

08-15-2011 Biometrics Appointment

09-09-2011 EAD and AP Approval notices via email

09-20-2011 Receive EAD/AP Card in the mail

09-29-2011 Interview! APPROVED!!!!

10-03-2011 Receive Welcome Letter

10-08-2011 Receive Greencard

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for everyone's help on this matter, we really appreciate it.

I will wait a little while longer and then try calling them to see if they can update us, though we haven't even received a NOA1 yet so there doesn't seem much point.

Does anyone know how long it would take them to send back an RFE? Do they normally call or mail you about this?

@JoyDee - which service center did you mail your package to?

Edited by Amos&Radio

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Thanks for everyone's help on this matter, we really appreciate it.

I will wait a little while longer and then try calling them to see if they can update us, though we haven't even received a NOA1 yet so there doesn't seem much point.

Does anyone know how long it would take them to send back an RFE? Do they normally call or mail you about this?

@JoyDee - which service center did you mail your package to?

I mailed to Chicago Lockbox. Did you include the Email notification paper? We got a case number with that email but it isn't coming up in the system yet. Hard to do anything without a case number.

I-129F Fiance Visa

For full details see my "About me"

USCIS

11-22-2010 Received NOA1 01-27-2011 --> NOA2 *APPROVED!!!! (email)

NVC

02-24-2011 Receive Packet 3.5 via email --> 03-18-2011 Packet 3.5 Submitted

04-05-2011 Receive Packet 4

04-08-2011 INTERVIEW *APPROVED!!!!* --> 04-18-2011 Visa in hand

05-04-2011 **POE** JFK, NYC

AOS

05-21-2011 Social Security Card

06-18-2011 MARRIED!

07-11-2011 Filed AOS - 485, EAD, AP

07-13-2011 Received Confirmation email 07-14-2011 check cashed

07-18-2011 NOA1, I-797C received for AOS, EAD, AP

07-22-2011 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

08-15-2011 Biometrics Appointment

09-09-2011 EAD and AP Approval notices via email

09-20-2011 Receive EAD/AP Card in the mail

09-29-2011 Interview! APPROVED!!!!

10-03-2011 Receive Welcome Letter

10-08-2011 Receive Greencard

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hi there,

Thanks!

I think it varies from case to case. We sent ours on July 6. and the check was cashed on the 13th and the case number already in the system: must be lucky to make up for a long wait with the K1 visa.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi there,

Thanks!

[/quote

In our case it took one week.

K-1 TIMELINE11/03/2010 Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS VSC
11/15/2010 Received NOA1 in the mail
02/04/2011 Requested expediting of case for military deployment
02/11/2011 Expediting request approved
02/22/2011 Received expediting request approval letter in the mail
02/28/2011 NOA2 Document Received in the mail
02/28/2011 NVC received and case # assigned
03/01/2011 Case sent to Embassy
03/04/2011 Case received at the Embassy
03/09/2011 Embassy sent Packet 3 via mail (we did not wait for it, downloaded forms online)
03/15/2011 Sent Packet 3 to the Embassy
03/18/2011 Embassy received Packet 3 in the mail
03/28/2011 Received Packet 4 from Embassy
04/20/2011 Embassy Interview Date (APPROVED)
04/27/2011 POE JFK, NY
AOS/AE/AP TIMELINE
06/24/2011 Mailed the AOS/EA/AP
07/05/2011 Received NOA1's for the AP/AE/AOS dated 06/27/2011
07/08/2011 Received NOA for biometrics appointment
07/25/2011 Biometrics appointment
08/24/2011 Received AP/AE card in the mail
09/08/2011 AOS interview APPROVED
09/09/2011 Card in production
09/19/2011 Green card on hand!

I-130 TIMELINE - STEPDAUGHTER I-751 TIMELINE-WIFE

04/07/2013 Mailed I-130 petition 06/10/2013 Mailed I-751 petition

04/14/2013 Received NOA1 inthe mail 06/19/2013 Received NOA1 in mail

05/04/2013 Requested expediting due to military deployment %

I sent my AOS last July 8, I got the notification thru text message that they have received my packet last July 13 together with the Receipt #. So when i check it out at USCIS site, they got it July 11 (NOA1), and my check was in cashed July 14th..So im kinda happy about that. And i sent my packet at Chicago Lockbox...

Good luck on yours..im sure everything is ok..=)

Timeline

I wonder about differences in timing between packages mailed via USPS to the PO BOX and via FedEx to physical address. It may bge the case that they are processed faster through physical address/FedEx. I noticed people's timelines that the ones sent via FedEx/physical address get processed within 3 days. The ones via USPS/PO BOX - >3weeks. This may be the case..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
I wonder about differences in timing between packages mailed via USPS to the PO BOX and via FedEx to physical address. It may bge the case that they are processed faster through physical address/FedEx. I noticed people's timelines that the ones sent via FedEx/physical address get processed within 3 days. The ones via USPS/PO BOX - >3weeks. This may be the case..

Mine was 6 days and i sent USPS signature required.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.