Bad news for fan who caught Jeter ball

58 posts in this topic

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

I think we have agreed that he didn't sell the ball and thus isn't liable for tax on the ball.

Similarly, he didn't win the season tickets/other stuff in a contest. They were given to him as a gift. Consequently, it can only be taxed as a gift.

Yep.

The perjury occured at a trial that should've never taken place.

But it did. Unless you want to redefine that as well.

But it did. Unless you want to redefine that as well.

There's no need to redifine it. It's clearly spelled out in the constitution. What we need to do is adhere to definitions already in place.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

The taxes due on those seats is called the stupidity tax because only a complete moron would give up alottery ticket for a bucket of balls and some seats that nobody wants anyway.

Look at the winners and losers:

Yankees-they will write off the tickets that they would have to take a loss on since nobody ever buys them as they are overpriced ($2500 each)

Jeter-gets his 3,000 hit ball for signing a few autographs on some memorabilia

The fool-lost $250,000+ cash for the balls, a $10-13K tax bill, and got 4 seats that nobody else wants. (And still is in debt up to his ears.)

If I were his family and went to the game with him, I'd wear a t-shirt that reads "I'm with stupid" --> :lol:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

There's no need to redifine it. It's clearly spelled out in the constitution. What we need to do is adhere to definitions already in place.

What other potential crimes are not written in the Constitution but enforced as violations of law? Does the Constitution provide any legal framework for the establishment of a legal system that addresses these things? If you state this trial (Clemens) should not happen, is it because there is no Constitution-sanctioned process in Congress to deal with said potential 'offense'???

The questions are a few, but the idea is simple: someone that wants to take the Constitution literally, would obviously have to do away with many things provided for establishment within its text.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The taxes due on those seats is called the stupidity tax because only a complete moron would give up alottery ticket for a bucket of balls and some seats that nobody wants anyway.

Look at the winners and losers:

Yankees-they will write off the tickets that they would have to take a loss on since nobody ever buys them as they are overpriced ($2500 each)

Jeter-gets his 3,000 hit ball for signing a few autographs on some memorabilia

The fool-lost $250,000+ cash for the balls, a $10-13K tax bill, and got 4 seats that nobody else wants. (And still is in debt up to his ears.)

If I were his family and went to the game with him, I'd wear a t-shirt that reads "I'm with stupid" --> :lol:

No, he'd have to declare it as a gift. tongue.gif I'd have taken the cash and been done with it.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

What other potential crimes are not written in the Constitution but enforced as violations of law? Does the Constitution provide any legal framework for the establishment of a legal system that addresses these things? If you state this trial (Clemens) should not happen, is it because there is no Constitution-sanctioned process in Congress to deal with said potential 'offense'???

The questions are a few, but the idea is simple: someone that wants to take the Constitution literally, would obviously have to do away with many things provided for establishment within its text.

He lied to Congress. It's that simple. Don't lie to Congress. The Tea Pot Dome Scandal and Watergate should have been fair warning. The preamble of the Constitution declares, "promote the general welfare.." If people lie to Congress then they lie to the American People and it will undermine not only the authority of the government but also the rule of law and by extension anarchy will reign since no one will follow the law. It's a bit of a reach but don't lie to Congress.

Here are the Constitutional powers of the Congress:

My link

Section 8 - Powers of Congress

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court; (emphasis added)

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenses against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings; And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

My link

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 47 > § 1001Prev | Next

§ 1001. Statements or entries generally

How Current is This?(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and willfully—(1) falsifies, conceals, or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device a material fact;(2) makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation; or(3) makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry;shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years or, if the offense involves international or domestic terrorism (as defined in section2331), imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both. If the matter relates to an offense under chapter 109A, 109B, 110, or 117, or section 1591, then the term of imprisonment imposed under this section shall be not more than 8 years.(b) Subsection (a) does not apply to a party to a judicial proceeding, or that party's counsel, for statements, representations, writings or documents submitted by such party or counsel to a judge or magistrate in that proceeding.© With respect to any matter within the jurisdiction of the legislative branch, subsection (a) shall apply only to—(1) administrative matters, including a claim for payment, a matter related to the procurement of property or services, personnel or employment practices, or support services, or a document required by law, rule, or regulation to be submitted to the Congress or any office or officer within the legislative branch; or<a name="c_2">(2) any investigation or review, conducted pursuant to the authority of any committee, subcommittee, commission or office of the Congress, consistent with applicable rules of the House or Senate.

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

What other potential crimes are not written in the Constitution but enforced as violations of law?

I'm going to ignore your question for a moment in favor of this one - why was Clemens testifying anyway?

Does the Constitution provide any legal framework for the establishment of a legal system that addresses these things?

Violations of laws the federal government has no business enforcing?

Maybe you're suggesting doping in the MLB falls somewhere under the regulation of interstate commerce? Or, and I hope it's not this one, you're saying it's OK because congress has a history of doing things they're not supposed to do so why is this any different?

If you state this trial (Clemens) should not happen, is it because there is no Constitution-sanctioned process in Congress to deal with said potential 'offense'???

Let me get this straight, you advocate governmnet involvement in things like access to a livelihood (and education for said livelihood) but do not condone using those same rules for sports teams becuase that's something that's "optional."

If that's the case, please tell me how something "optional" can end up in congress.

Or, those currently involved could actually read it and follow it's directions instead of offering up their modern-day interpretations of "what it really means."

He lied to Congress. It's that simple. Don't lie to Congress. The Tea Pot Dome Scandal and Watergate should have been fair warning. The preamble of the Constitution declares, "promote the general welfare.." If people lie to Congress then they lie to the American People and it will undermine not only the authority of the government but also the rule of law and by extension anarchy will reign since no one will follow the law. It's a bit of a reach but don't lie to Congress.

Authority of government is derived from where?

Rule of law comes from where?

Under the powers of congress that you listed, I don't see "games" anywhere. Why was this "game" being examined in congress? Was it because it's an interstate business or was it because there was doping involved? Why was congress involved in baseball in the first place?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

I'm going to ignore your question for a moment in favor of this one - why was Clemens testifying anyway?

Violations of laws the federal government has no business enforcing?

Maybe you're suggesting doping in the MLB falls somewhere under the regulation of interstate commerce? Or, and I hope it's not this one, you're saying it's OK because congress has a history of doing things they're not supposed to do so why is this any different?

Let me get this straight, you advocate governmnet involvement in things like access to a livelihood (and education for said livelihood) but do not condone using those same rules for sports teams becuase that's something that's "optional."

If that's the case, please tell me how something "optional" can end up in congress.

Or, those currently involved could actually read it and follow it's directions instead of offering up their modern-day interpretations of "what it really means."

Authority of government is derived from where?

Rule of law comes from where?

Under the powers of congress that you listed, I don't see "games" anywhere. Why was this "game" being examined in congress? Was it because it's an interstate business or was it because there was doping involved? Why was congress involved in baseball in the first place?

Performance enhancing drugs are illegal in the United States. The regulation of baseball and Congress granting the anti-trust exemption to sports gives them the right to conduct such matters. MLB, for example, can do things such as regulate what cities can get a baseball team, create restrictive covenants, etc. which other businesses cannot do. Tax dollars from all levels of government go into the building of stadiums, etc. so the taxpayer's representative can have some say in how things operate. Finally, the historic legacy of baseball is interwoven into the national fabric and thus provides a pastime that helps to promote the general welfare if not ensure domestic tranquility.

IR5

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Double Yay for Lopez !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Triple Play for a true baseball fan, around the horn for you, Mr. Lopez!!!!! good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

IR5