Captain Ewok

Guide: I-212 and I-601 Waivers

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I-601 Waiver << Download here>>

Purpose of the Form: For an alien who is ineligible to enter the United States to apply for a waiver of excludability.

Where do I file? (1) If you are not in the United States, file this application with the American embassy or consulate where you are filing for a visa. (2) If you are in the United States and are applying for status as a permanent resident, file with the local office having jurisdiction over your place of residence.

I-212 Waiver << Download here>> [ Instructions ]

Purpose of the Form: Persons who wish to enter the United States legally after being deported, removed or who have voluntarily departed the U.S. without an order of deportation may reapply for admission to the United States, if they meet certain qualifications.

Where do I file: (1) If you are abroad, and intend to apply for an immigrant visa, submit this form to the Local Office in which your deportation proceedings were held. If you are concurrently applying for a waiver of grounds of excludability, file this application with the American Consul with whom you are filing your application for waiver. (2) If you are abroad and intend to apply for a nonimmigrant visa or border crossing card, submit this application to the American Consul with whom you submit your visa or crossing card application, if instructed to do so by the Consul. (3) If you are at a U.S. port of entry, applying for admission to the United States, submit this application to the Local Office having jurisdiction over that port. (4) If you are in the United States and will file an application for waiver under Section 212 (g), (h), or (i) of the INA with an American consul, file this application and the waiver application with the American consul. (5) If you are in the United States and are applying for adjustment of status under Section 245 of the INA, or are seeking advance permission to reapply prior to your departure from the U.S., submit the application to the Local Office having jurisdiction over the place where you reside.

Misc Useful Links:

Classes of Aliens Ineligible to Receive Visa's.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligib...ities_1364.html

Link to the Department of Foreign affairs manual .........description of moral turpitude.

http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/0940021aN.pdf

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

• 2 years later...
Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline

can someone give me some urgent advise please, I am mohamed i am from guyana but living in england i am a british citizen , My problems is 19 90 when i was in guyana i bought a us passport and flew to Maimi , was denied entry and was held at dention centre for 2mths during tht time i was trying to stay but unfortunately i lost and took voul;atry departure to guyana . I apply for a us tousist visa but was denied my parents is us citizen what my best option can any get back asap thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
can someone give me some urgent advise please, I am mohamed i am from guyana but living in england i am a british citizen , My problems is 19 90 when i was in guyana i bought a us passport and flew to Maimi , was denied entry and was held at dention centre for 2mths during tht time i was trying to stay but unfortunately i lost and took voul;atry departure to guyana . I apply for a us tousist visa but was denied my parents is us citizen what my best option can any get back asap thanks

Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No one is answering because questions are supposed to be posted in the forum and not as replies to the "pinned topics" I'm sorry I know it is confusing at first.

I read your post here and on I2US. . .using a fake U.S. passport is same as claiming U.S. citizenship falsely. . .it is a permanent ban without an immigrant waiver.

I am not sure about the D3 waiver. . .you should probably try to contact Dan Green for a consult to see if you'd be eligible for that for a tourist visa. . .but the consulate should have told you if you were eligible to apply for it.

Edited by emt103c

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Ditto

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
No one is answering because questions are supposed to be posted in the forum and not as replies to the "pinned topics" I'm sorry I know it is confusing at first.

I read your post here and on I2US. . .using a fake U.S. passport is same as claiming U.S. citizenship falsely. . .it is a permanent ban without an immigrant waiver.

I am not sure about the D3 waiver. . .you should probably try to contact Dan Green for a consult to see if you'd be eligible for that for a tourist visa. . .but the consulate should have told you if you were eligible to apply for it.

Timeline

Timeline

Thanks for u information yeah i would have taught the consulate should have give me some idea what i need to do, but as usual they r very nasty and agressive, they should have realised it immigrant build usa. Anymore suggestion would be really appreciate i apply more than 3 time and was sponsored.And they grab my money with no information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Thanks for u information yeah i would have taught the consulate should have give me some idea what i need to do, but as usual they r very nasty and agressive, they should have realised it immigrant build usa. Anymore suggestion would be really appreciate i apply more than 3 time and was sponsored.And they grab my money with no information.

You paid to apply for a visa.

They adjudicated your application.

They did give you information, they declined your application.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Timeline

Yeah one try the normal and geuine way and get put down so thats is why they have so many people try the other way, and it will go on forever as long people like to c the great america.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Yeah one try the normal and geuine way and get put down so thats is why they have so many people try the other way, and it will go on forever as long people like to c the great america.

• 4 months later...
Filed: Other Country: Colombia
Timeline

Big mistake you did buying a passport, its a felony, menas is very bad situation you are. yes, you will need a waiver, because now you are ineligible for a visa, what I know is you have to go to the embassy in your country and ask for a waiver, the consul will tell you if you can apply and give you the papars to do it.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

Did you use false information for asylum purposes?

Big mistake you did buying a passport, its a felony, menas is very bad situation you are. yes, you will need a waiver, because now you are ineligible for a visa, what I know is you have to go to the embassy in your country and ask for a waiver, the consul will tell you if you can apply and give you the papars to do it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.